Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    She might still be a first one, for being of their type, it would not be so odd to create a "sister" to pass time and then dump them when bored.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Even if they were literally sisters it really wouldn’t mean any thing to how powerful
    They are as we already have figures like deathwing who was many times more powerful then the other siblings or even the Titans who vary in strength.

Interview statements would still take precedent over little mentions like this which tell us nothing of actual power.
    Deathwing was also corrupted by the Old Gods, and the Aspects lost a portion of their power VIA amping up the Dragon Soul (Which was the Demon Soul, at the time). And the Titans don't really "vary" in strength tbh. Sargeras, even when Fel corrupted, had a massive ass battle with the other Titans and only won because of the Dark Titan's Fel Magics. Granted, we don't know the true powers of Elune, but we can assume they're connected heavily with Light and Nature, SPECIFICALLY Nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    She might still be a first one, for being of their type, it would not be so odd to create a "sister" to pass time and then dump them when bored.
    Except the First Ones are the Progenitor's of Existence and serve as the level above the Cosmic Pantheons. Why tf would you "make a sister" yet that sister is a descendant of what you were/are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    And so? I was using the examples to point out they might make the terrible decision to make Elune and Eonar out as the same character in some way this expansion with how confused their connections have become rather than keeping them separate and distantly connected as they did in Legion.

Yes that's called confirmation (and arguably terrible world building writing considering there has been lack of in-universe hints to their existence both in-game and in text format) and that is decidedly lacking for a Pantheon of Life as of yet. You may assume that one exists but it's a fairly weak argument to discuss their importance and membership based on an assumption that may or may not happen. And since we have no indication that Elune has membership of or a position in a Pantheon of Life (or light as others have referenced) or even know if such a group exists it doesn't really have any presence in the current story. All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'.
    Your assumption that Blizzard would make them the same character is actually kinda weird, considering it's pretty fuckin clear they're not. I get your worries, but chillax?

"All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'." Funny how this destroys your entire past argument, as Blizzard can do whatever shit as it goes. And I've already talked about Nature and its connection with Elune. I know no Pantheon's been implied yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that Elune ain't a part of it.

Meh... I would have liked her to have a "Summer Queen" sister from the Emerald Dream. Would have made much more sense as to why she can't stand her (being her opposite) - which, would lead to the reveal of a Life Pantheon and an Emerald Dream expansion.

Damn, the dialogue during the ritual in that quest is so cringy... why do they have to make everything so childish?

So, now that Elune is part of the Pantheon of Death, as an Eternal One, the powers Tyrande wields are, actually, closer to Sylvanas' than was thought before, as they both draw from the same domain. Having Vashj in Maldraxxus poses an excellent opportunity to connect all three for a Ranger class. If only there was some way to link the Sea Witch's powers to the Shadowlands....

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If Elune is the Sister to the Winter Queen (figurative or literal, doesn't matter) it could be that Korthia is Elune's Shadowlands realm before she abandoned it. Korthia is described as the Sister Forest to Ardenweald: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Precious_Roots
    Basically, lining up with my Korthia and Tyrande thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    idk why people are upset that elune isnt some supreme overlord of everything.
    this was NEVER even implied, except for that one small side comment about her being a true goddess. if i had a cent for every one of those comments from blizz that didnt turn out to be true, id have bobby koticks salary by now.
    elune has never shown any really outstanding power, neither in WC3 nor in WOW, and also hasnt done anythig herself, except shagging a stag.

I don't know why people want a lunar goddess to be the ultimate character of WoW. It's such an anti-climactic thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Except the First Ones are the Progenitor's of Existence and serve as the level above the Cosmic Pantheons. Why tf would you "make a sister" yet that sister is a descendant of what you were/are?
    Why can't that be? You are thinking this from your own mortal perception, that doesn't apply to this this kind of beings. You need to complete think outside the realm of possibility and logic when this kind of entities are concerned.

I am not saying that Elune is indeed a First One. This is just a possibility I am talking about.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    idk why people are upset that elune isnt some supreme overlord of everything.
    this was NEVER even implied, except for that one small side comment about her being a true goddess. if i had a cent for every one of those comments from blizz that didnt turn out to be true, id have bobby koticks salary by now.
    elune has never shown any really outstanding power, neither in WC3 nor in WOW, and also hasnt done anythig herself, except shagging a stag.

whats truly annoying about this whole thing is that its yet another "mystery" casually revealed and ruined.
    the story used to be fun bc of the many unknown elements, places and creatures that got people to theorize. but blizz has been using all of that up pretty rapidly, and (more importantly) with pretty dissapointing reveals, the last couple of addons.
    In truth if they showed you that it was something very powerful in chronicles.
    Where it was the only thing that could not be explained and in the grand scheme.
    So they made it clear that she would be above 6 forces. (Although not necessarily stronger).

Although I emphasize that the truth is that they do not like the kaldorei and did not explain anything new about them in all chronicles. We don't even know why they are part of the Alliance yet.

You know I think it's something that goes with Elune's personality.
    And that she really got bored with the Kaldorei or something.
    And before she got bored with the trolls.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing was also corrupted by the Old Gods, and the Aspects lost a portion of their power VIA amping up the Dragon Soul (Which was the Demon Soul, at the time). And the Titans don't really "vary" in strength tbh. Sargeras, even when Fel corrupted, had a massive ass battle with the other Titans and only won because of the Dark Titan's Fel Magics. Granted, we don't know the true powers of Elune, but we can assume they're connected heavily with Light and Nature, SPECIFICALLY Nature.
    The aspects got there dragon soul taken power back and still couldn’t stop deathwing 4v1.

Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither.

And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp.

Why can't that be? You are thinking this from your own mortal perception, that doesn't apply to this this kind of beings. You need to complete think outside the realm of possibility and logic when this kind of entities are concerned.

I am not saying that Elune is indeed a First One. This is just a possibility I am talking about.
    I am thinking quite outside the box. I don't see how an ancestor can call a descendant a "sister". Those are conflicting words lmao. I get it's in the realm of Possibility, but I'm of the idea that she's a part of a Life Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Wicked View Post
    If one exists, do kindly refer me to the dedicated 'Danuser hate group' thread
    who was danuser? i tried wiki'ing him but only found some hunter in trueshot lounge and a reference that said hunter was named after a WoW Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?
    how can you knock someone from a seat they never sat on tho?

sorry to burst ur fanboy bubble my friend, but her being the most powerful being in the universe was just ur headcanon all those years.
    no proof or even real indication of that ever existed.
    in fact, most things point to the opposite right now
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-04-30 at 04:55 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

No surprise, i been saying this for a long time now but many were hung up over Eonar when almost every bit of evidence pointed to Elune. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The aspects got there dragon soul taken power back and still couldn’t stop deathwing 4v1.

Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither.

And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp.
    Are you talking about the WoE? Cause they were still weakened, and the Soul was still being used for and against the portal for Sargeras. As for the Dragon Soul raid, Thrall was the only guy at the time that could harness its power + the other Aspects power, AND AFTER THAT...AFTER THAT...

DEATHWING WAS GIVEN MORE JUICE BY N'ZOTH!!!

"Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither." He was the Champion, yeah. But during Aggramar's battle with Sargeras, they were essentially even, with Aggramar only losing because of Sargeras' fel power slowly weakening the Titan buddy. ;(

"And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp."

Well, I always assumed she was more-so a personification of Life in its true state. Meaning, she could also have ties with the Light aswell, the same way the WQ has ties with Death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    who was danuser? i tried wiki'ing him but only found some hunter in trueshot lounge and a reference that said hunter was named after a WoW Dev
    Essentially, he's the guy that removed Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch, and is the dude talking about the Cosmic "influences", the First Ones, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Meh... I would have liked her to have a "Summer Queen" sister from the Emerald Dream. Would have made much more sense as to why she can't stand her (being her opposite) - which, would lead to the reveal of a Life Pantheon and an Emerald Dream expansion.

Damn, the dialogue during the ritual in that quest is so cringy... why do they have to make everything so childish?

So, now that Elune is part of the Pantheon of Death, as an Eternal One, the powers Tyrande wields are, actually, closer to Sylvanas' than was thought before, as they both draw from the same domain. Having Vashj in Maldraxxus poses an excellent opportunity to connect all three for a Ranger class. If only there was some way to link the Sea Witch's powers to the Shadowlands....

Basically, lining up with my Korthia and Tyrande thread.

I don't know why people want a lunar goddess to be the ultimate character of WoW. It's such an anti-climactic thing...
    You do realize Elune can still be "the summer/spring queen", yes?

not much of a spoiler... I mean she refers to Ysera as "her sister's pet" when you're first doing the story quests, before they reveal it's Ysera in the egg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Steve Danuser, the current Lead Narrative Designer for wow.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-04-30 at 05:05 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the WoE? Cause they were still weakened, and the Soul was still being used for and against the portal for Sargeras. As for the Dragon Soul raid, Thrall was the only guy at the time that could harness its power + the other Aspects power, AND AFTER THAT...AFTER THAT...

DEATHWING WAS GIVEN MORE JUICE BY N'ZOTH!!!
    the dragon soul was destroyed at some point returning there powers I’m 90% sure it was after the whole red dragon rape thing in wc1-2 I think in one of the cata dragon books.

The dragon soul used in the dragon soul raid was taken from the past as it had been destroyed by then.

"Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither." He was the Champion, yeah. But during Aggramar's battle with Sargeras, they were essentially even, with Aggramar only losing because of Sargeras' fel power slowly weakening the Titan buddy. ;(
    it could very well be that they were near power but sargaras was still stronger and the others much weaker. Given that we aren’t likely to get a power chart all we really know is sargaras was the top dog and then put further ahead with fel.

"And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp."

Well, I always assumed she was more-so a personification of Life in its true state. Meaning, she could also have ties with the Light aswell, the same way the WQ has ties with Death
    Light and life are pretty separate things the two magics really aren’t shown to overlap much at all and given that elune has been tied to the narru and her priest use the light instead of Druidism it’s a pretty safe bet that she’s more light then life.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It puts Elune in an explicable tier and capable of having familial or interpersonal relationships.
    No, it doesn't. We already knew she was capable of having relationships, we've met her son and his father in person, neither of which is anywhere near her level. It does not give us any idea of where she is powerwise even if you assume she's similar to the Winter Queen, as we don't actually know the Winter Queen's power level either, and there's no guarantee they're actually on the same level.

We learn next to nothing about Elune from all this other than that there is some connection between her and the Winter Queen and the latter sees her as family.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    The Winter Queen calling Elune "sister" does suggest she's on a similar power level.
    I disagree. It doesn't suggest anything about power. The Eternal Ones not referring to the First Ones in general as brethren isn't really evidence for anything either. WQ and Elune may still have a personal close relationship even if Eternal and First Ones as a whole don't.

the dragon soul was destroyed at some point returning there powers I’m 90% sure it was after the whole red dragon rape thing in wc1-2 I think in one of the cata dragon books.

The dragon soul used in the dragon soul raid was taken from the past as it had been destroyed by then.

it could very well be that they were near power but sargaras was still stronger and the others much weaker. Given that we aren’t likely to get a power chart all we really know is sargaras was the top dog and then put further ahead with fel.

Light and life are pretty separate things the two magics really aren’t shown to overlap much at all and given that elune has been tied to the narru and her priest use the light instead of Druidism it’s a pretty safe bet that she’s more light then life.
    I'll double check the Dragon stuff, and the Titan stuff is a bit weird. But you're right in that Sargeras was their greatest fighter.

Also, regarding Elune, you're right in that she's heavily connected to Light, but she's also HIGHLY connected with Nature, and the Wild Gods. Hell, the Chronicle Cosmology Chart actually has Elune crests for the Life side when looking at the Wild Gods. So, who knows. Not to mention the POTENTIAL connections with Eonar, and the 100% connections with Ardenweald, the Emerald Dream, Ysera and potentially Alexstrasza, etc.

now that Betanuser, Goldvanas and their pals butchered old lore completely (Old Gods, Burning Legion, Demons, Sargeras, Azshara, Elune etc), is there anything left to destroy???

if not then all they left is chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    now that Betanuser, Goldvanas and their pals butchered old lore completely (Old Gods, Burning Legion, Demons, Sargeras, Azshara, Elune etc), is there anything left to destroy???

they left chaos

"THEY BUTCHERED THE LORE COMPLETELY! THE TITANS AREN'T THE TOP GUYS ANYMORE! ELUNE ISN'T THIS BIG DEAL ANYMORE! THEY FUCKED EVERYTHING UP!"

First Ones slap. Btw, the vid's not tryna be mean or anything. Was just tryna have fun there lol. But to say they butchered the lore? Ehhhh...

Nahhhh

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll double check the Dragon stuff, and the Titan stuff is a bit weird. But you're right in that Sargeras was their greatest fighter.

Also, regarding Elune, you're right in that she's heavily connected to Light, but she's also HIGHLY connected with Nature, and the Wild Gods. Hell, the Chronicle Cosmology Chart actually has Elune crests for the Life side when looking at the Wild Gods. So, who knows. Not to mention the POTENTIAL connections with Eonar, and the 100% connections with Ardenweald, the Emerald Dream, Ysera and potentially Alexstrasza, etc.
    She’s connected to the wild gods by sleeping with one but I don’t think she’s actually done any thing really naturey other then that unless I’m forgetting some stuff.

every thing that comes to mind elune wise has all be light so it could just be she’s purely light aligned but has a hankering for life based stuff which is why she had a kid with a deer.

"THEY BUTCHERED THE LORE COMPLETELY! THE TITANS AREN'T THE TOP GUYS ANYMORE! ELUNE ISN'T THIS BIG DEAL ANYMORE! THEY FUCKED EVERYTHING UP!"

First Ones slap. Btw, the vid's not tryna be mean or anything. Was just tryna have fun there lol. But to say they butchered the lore? Ehhhh...

Nahhhh
    nah they kinda did ngl
    the first ones dont "slap". they are merely the titans but "biggaaaa and bettaaa" this time. every piece of "new" lore we get is basically something of the old lore, slightly repurposed and worse.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.