Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, one "benefit" is you don't need insurance.
    Thats a trick question, there's no insurance in Imagination Land.

Here's some kids talking to a very reputable NFT art dealer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t know the law on these things, but since an NFT does not grant ownership, nor does it give any rights to the original work. Can the NFT it self be seen as transformative art? What are you actually buying?

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t see why not... I’m sure an NFT of the original NFT, would be expensive.
    No, the joke I (badly) tried to make was that the original, orginal is an image copy on the SD card of the photographer's cam. Or possibly a negative. This EFT is far from being "the original". It is merely "the first" such EFT. And since the copyright was retained, the family could reproduce as many EFTs as they want, could they not?

These EFTs are a concept I don't understand. I mean, I get it, it's a unique digital file that cannot be copied. Like, that one specific file. But you can create other, identical files just like it. Flood the market with desaster girl EFTs, half a million a pop. Seems like if you don't destroy the original, this is pointless. I get the concept of EFTs for digital art where the original copy is destroyed/deleted, but that's about it.

Edit: EFT? NFT? One of those, you know what I mean...
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-05-05 at 10:17 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I don’t know the law on these things, but since an NFT does not grant ownership, nor does it give any rights to the original work. Can the NFT it self be seen as transformative art? What are you actually buying?
    All very good questions. Ones I don't have the answers too - Which is why it was taken to a lawyer. They're looking to see if theres a legal case in it. Last time we spoke they were looking at it as a digital products issue, but they've not come back to us with anything as yet.

This would be under UK law, both ourselves and the seller are in the UK, I expect things would be very messy if they were based elsewhere in the world.

As for what you're buying, I suppose the Cryptocurrency equivelent of an asset would be the closest comparison? It's not itself cryptocurrency, but it has a value in cryptocurrency. If that has any real world cash value is best left to the discression of the buyer. In our case, someone is trying to sell us NFT's to our own work for £2500 plus a cut of any future sales. They clearly think it has some form of real world value even if no one else does.

A lot of damage to the environment due to energy waste is what you're buying.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Flood the market with desaster girl NFTs, half a million a pop.
    Yeah, I keep thinking of the MTG reserve list. Where they maintain the price of old collectible cards, by having a self imposed rule on not reprinting specific cards, due to their collectibility.

I have not figured out what an NFT is, beyond a status symbol for rich people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yeah, I keep thinking of the MTG reserve list. Where they maintain the price of old collectible cards, by having a self imposed rule on not reprinting specific cards, due to their collectibility.

I have not figured out what an NFT is, beyond a status symbol for rich people.
    I think that's what it is. A creative way to throw out money you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Great for artists (of all varieties) in the internet age where original ownership of digital work can be difficult to prove. But like, that's about it. Why the fuck does Jack Dorsey need $3M for "ownership" of his first tweet? Did he need some play money for his weekend with mountains of cocaine and dungeons of hookers?
    I could retire for 3m where I live lmao.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.