Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    I totally swiped this from someone, but fits perfectly for how I feel. More rewards for raiding and Torghast please.


  2. #82
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Sooo, basically you died and got frustrated by that and started looking for anyone else to put the blame on?
    Exactly. While that ret was probably an assh0le, charging in without saying a word and feeling entitled to other players' support reeks of toxicity as well, not to mention (as many other posters have said already) the passive-aggressive whisper at the end.

    OP should be happy with Blizz though, because this is the kind of behaviour encouraged by current WoW, where nothing (including player behaviour) matters outside of instanced content. And if Blizzard does it, it must be right
    Current state of WoW lore:
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Who'd have known that the Domination guy whose aesthetics are 80% chains wasn't into freedom. Nobody could have seen this coming.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I totally swiped this from someone, but fits perfectly for how I feel. More rewards for raiding and Torghast please.

    Comic doesn't make sense. Giving out more rewards doesn't make the content any better. It just baits people into doing things they do not want.

    OT:

    I had a similar situation recently. I was doing some stuff on my freshly 60 mage and saw a paladin tank soloing a rare elite in the maw. I joined in, and the rare apparently damages all targets in range with some ability, so I drop lower and lower. No heals. But then I pop ice block and the paladin notices me and begins to heal, leading to us killing the rare and me thanking him.
    Why do I tell you this? Because until you show other players you're in trouble, everyone will assume you are not. So go in cat form, pop sprint and run away. Go in bear form and use frenzied regeneration. Say "heal pls". Stop doing dmg to lose threat (which honestly is something all DPS should learn).
    Also you're a druid, you can heal yourself pretty well.

    So yes, paladin could have prevented your death, but probably did not even notice you being in trouble. Also you didn't seem to use any measures to prevent your own death. If you can't be assed, why should the pala?

  4. #84
    Yea nothing entitled about NOT keeping the healthbar close to you above zero.

    The person the pally whispered was probably just not paying attention and didn't like that the pally implied they are a bad player. /defensive mode engaged

  5. #85
    I'm honestly surprised how many mind readers we have here that are telling me what my mindset and intentions regarding my message to the paladin was. Do people just assume every time that someone else is being passive aggressive? Reminds me of the meme where one guys says to the other "nice heals" only for the guy to assume he was bashing on him when he was actually complimenting him. I honestly did not expect this result. Should I had added "when did people begin automatically assuming everything being said to them is in a negative fashion?" to my OP?

    Also enjoying the people who didn't read the thread. Like the ones who think I'm the pally.
    @LordVargK Yes, druids heal quite well. Problem was the elite spawns adds, and one of them whacked me on the head dazing me as the cannon fired. That was the nail in the coffin. Also, being in balance affinity I only have regrowth, and no frenzied regen.
    @Soon-TM I didn't just charge in. The other two saw me. I pointed at the elite. All 3 of us ran at the elite together and started fighting it. My dps was the best, so I got aggro.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-05-01 at 07:27 AM.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  6. #86
    when they decided that 90% of their playerbase (casual) dont deserve anything worthing it

    and when they decided to be woke too

  7. #87
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Because the Maw isn't a team effort. Also people are going to complete their dailies real quick and gtfo. Thats pretty much the crux of it.
    In the scenario the OP presents, that Ret would've finished their business faster if they'd healed the OP or taken aggro for a bit. Had they done so, the OP wouldn't have died, and the fight would've been over faster and cleaner. Win, win.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes, druids heal quite well. Problem was the elite spawns adds, and one of them whacked me on the head dazing me as the cannon fired. That was the nail in the coffin. Also, being in balance affinity I only have regrowth, and no frenzied regen.
    Did the cannon + add hit 100->0 you? If so, the pala had no chance saving you. If not, you could have healed yourself to full beforehand. And again, if you draw unwanted aggro, then stop DPSing and run away for a bit. Seeing that you're feral, you also had the option to restealth while your CDs were running.

    To reiterate: I agree the pala probably could have saved you if he specifically watched out for you. But who does that in the middle of a seemingly chaotic fight? And you also had options to save yourself and did not use them. So blaming the pala is definitely uncalled for.

  9. #89
    I recognize the type of behavior OP is describing since way back as well. Remember the times before they changed mob tagging? If someone saw you fighting a rare mob and almost dying they would try to pull other mobs onto you or wait for you to die so they could sweep in.

  10. #90
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Yep. It's sad how in nearly every other game I play people are much friendlier and considerate towards each other. I imagine it's likely a function of the way Blizzard has designed WoW so that other people are disposable and irrelevant, at best, and competition and nuisances, at worst.

    People ask where the social aspect of WoW went to? Just look at this thread.

    In Classic you can almost expect passersby to buff you or stop and help you with a tough fight, just out of kindness and a shared humanity. Retail WoW has utterly lost that and the people playing now embrace the "me!me!me!me!" attitude.
    When levelling a Paladin in Classic my biggest "OMG! Now I remember why I hated vanilla!" moment was when I realised that buffing passersby was essentially pointless because Pally buffs only lasted 5 minutes, unlike Priest or Mage buffs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    ...and you're the reason the game dies a little more every day.

    And OP, you're wrong.

    1) Most powerful class/combo in the game, esp for open-world content. You knew you should've gone tank, like you said.

    2) It's the Maw, and not the regular Maw, but the "advanced readers group" area. Expecting help is silly, no one is coming to save you.
    Wait... it's advanced content, yet others can't be expected to have the situational awareness and common sense to off-heal? So, actually it's only advanced content for some people, the others just get to leech. That seems to be what you're saying.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised how many mind readers we have here that are telling me what my mindset and intentions regarding my message to the paladin was. Do people just assume every time that someone else is being passive aggressive? Reminds me of the meme where one guys says to the other "nice heals" only for the guy to assume he was bashing on him when he was actually complimenting him. I honestly did not expect this result. Should I had added "when did people begin automatically assuming everything being said to them is in a negative fashion?" to my OP?
    What's hilarious is that you're showing the same behaviour here as you did in game. You wrote a message(forum post or ingame pm), people misinterpretted it, and instead of you re-evaluating your communication style and potentially reflecting on the way you come across, you throw a tantrum and claim that people should just know exactly what you meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  12. #92
    Dudes are you really trying to justify the insults received for having whispered “dude you could have healed me”?

    Has this community fallen at a so low level? Passive aggressive?

    Jizuz.

    This is unbelievable.

  13. #93
    I don't have friendly healthbars on, if I don't click on you I don't see your health.

    Anyway, you sound like a passive aggressive douche making grand sweeping statements from one interaction, people like you can generally go diaf.

  14. #94
    Gaming with boomers from the 90s, leaves no doubt that this group of gamers are the last helpful and nice people of the gaming communities.

  15. #95
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    2,884
    It happens sometimes. Just ignore it and move on.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

  16. #96
    Well, you were passive aggressive without any social contract prior that. "I'll tank" "Could you heal pls?" would have been enough to see if they signed up for that.
    Retri might have been a dick, but if someone whispered me, and they actually often do because I go into quest hubs and kill my own faction a lot, I would just laugh at them if we didn't communicate by any means prior the whispers.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    They were also hitting the same target so the paladin knew he needed heals/help.
    ?

    I would never know if someone I met outside in the world would require heals because I don't have friendly nameplates visible because it's too much clutter. Even if I play specs with an off-heal I tend to have unitframes out of the way when it comes to groups and raid groups out in the world. If I'm in a dungeon or raid it's a different setup, but out in world it's very minimalistic.

    You assuming they have information which they "chose" to ignore is just a bad faith argument. Doesn't matter if they hit the same target or not.

  18. #98
    With all the respect, why not just suck it up? You shouldn’t guilt trip another player for your own death. It’s the Maw, you weren’t grouped up, just suck it up and walk to your corpse and call it a day.

  19. #99
    So you just saw them there, no party at all, started hitting the thing, you died and instead of saying "ah shit i should've tanked as guardian since 2 more people are there", you shifted part of the blame to 3rd parties, this is one of the most hated personalities a raider can have btw

  20. #100
    Banned sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Shadowlands released 5 Months and 1 week ago.

    Yet you come up with -8 months-? lol. way to make a point, i guess.
    ok 5 months 1 week 3 hours and 32 second
    and i'll update this post daily -.-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •