Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm honestly surprised how many mind readers we have here that are telling me what my mindset and intentions regarding my message to the paladin was. Do people just assume every time that someone else is being passive aggressive? Reminds me of the meme where one guys says to the other "nice heals" only for the guy to assume he was bashing on him when he was actually complimenting him. I honestly did not expect this result. Should I had added "when did people begin automatically assuming everything being said to them is in a negative fashion?" to my OP?

Also enjoying the people who didn't read the thread. Like the ones who think I'm the pally.
    @LordVargK Yes, druids heal quite well. Problem was the elite spawns adds, and one of them whacked me on the head dazing me as the cannon fired. That was the nail in the coffin. Also, being in balance affinity I only have regrowth, and no frenzied regen.
    @Soon-TM I didn't just charge in. The other two saw me. I pointed at the elite. All 3 of us ran at the elite together and started fighting it. My dps was the best, so I got aggro.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-05-01 at 07:27 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

when they decided that 90% of their playerbase (casual) dont deserve anything worthing it

and when they decided to be woke too

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Because the Maw isn't a team effort. Also people are going to complete their dailies real quick and gtfo. Thats pretty much the crux of it.
    In the scenario the OP presents, that Ret would've finished their business faster if they'd healed the OP or taken aggro for a bit. Had they done so, the OP wouldn't have died, and the fight would've been over faster and cleaner. Win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes, druids heal quite well. Problem was the elite spawns adds, and one of them whacked me on the head dazing me as the cannon fired. That was the nail in the coffin. Also, being in balance affinity I only have regrowth, and no frenzied regen.
    Did the cannon + add hit 100->0 you? If so, the pala had no chance saving you. If not, you could have healed yourself to full beforehand. And again, if you draw unwanted aggro, then stop DPSing and run away for a bit. Seeing that you're feral, you also had the option to restealth while your CDs were running.

To reiterate: I agree the pala probably could have saved you if he specifically watched out for you. But who does that in the middle of a seemingly chaotic fight? And you also had options to save yourself and did not use them. So blaming the pala is definitely uncalled for.

I recognize the type of behavior OP is describing since way back as well. Remember the times before they changed mob tagging? If someone saw you fighting a rare mob and almost dying they would try to pull other mobs onto you or wait for you to die so they could sweep in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Yep. It's sad how in nearly every other game I play people are much friendlier and considerate towards each other. I imagine it's likely a function of the way Blizzard has designed WoW so that other people are disposable and irrelevant, at best, and competition and nuisances, at worst.

People ask where the social aspect of WoW went to? Just look at this thread.

In Classic you can almost expect passersby to buff you or stop and help you with a tough fight, just out of kindness and a shared humanity. Retail WoW has utterly lost that and the people playing now embrace the "me!me!me!me!" attitude.
    When levelling a Paladin in Classic my biggest "OMG! Now I remember why I hated vanilla!" moment was when I realised that buffing passersby was essentially pointless because Pally buffs only lasted 5 minutes, unlike Priest or Mage buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    ...and you're the reason the game dies a little more every day.

And OP, you're wrong.

1) Most powerful class/combo in the game, esp for open-world content. You knew you should've gone tank, like you said.

2) It's the Maw, and not the regular Maw, but the "advanced readers group" area. Expecting help is silly, no one is coming to save you.
    Wait... it's advanced content, yet others can't be expected to have the situational awareness and common sense to off-heal? So, actually it's only advanced content for some people, the others just get to leech. That seems to be what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised how many mind readers we have here that are telling me what my mindset and intentions regarding my message to the paladin was. Do people just assume every time that someone else is being passive aggressive? Reminds me of the meme where one guys says to the other "nice heals" only for the guy to assume he was bashing on him when he was actually complimenting him. I honestly did not expect this result. Should I had added "when did people begin automatically assuming everything being said to them is in a negative fashion?" to my OP?
    What's hilarious is that you're showing the same behaviour here as you did in game. You wrote a message(forum post or ingame pm), people misinterpretted it, and instead of you re-evaluating your communication style and potentially reflecting on the way you come across, you throw a tantrum and claim that people should just know exactly what you meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Dudes are you really trying to justify the insults received for having whispered “dude you could have healed me”?

Has this community fallen at a so low level? Passive aggressive?

Jizuz.

This is unbelievable.

I don't have friendly healthbars on, if I don't click on you I don't see your health.

Anyway, you sound like a passive aggressive douche making grand sweeping statements from one interaction, people like you can generally go diaf.

Gaming with boomers from the 90s, leaves no doubt that this group of gamers are the last helpful and nice people of the gaming communities.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It happens sometimes. Just ignore it and move on.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Well, you were passive aggressive without any social contract prior that. "I'll tank" "Could you heal pls?" would have been enough to see if they signed up for that.
    Retri might have been a dick, but if someone whispered me, and they actually often do because I go into quest hubs and kill my own faction a lot, I would just laugh at them if we didn't communicate by any means prior the whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    They were also hitting the same target so the paladin knew he needed heals/help.
    ?

I would never know if someone I met outside in the world would require heals because I don't have friendly nameplates visible because it's too much clutter. Even if I play specs with an off-heal I tend to have unitframes out of the way when it comes to groups and raid groups out in the world. If I'm in a dungeon or raid it's a different setup, but out in world it's very minimalistic.

You assuming they have information which they "chose" to ignore is just a bad faith argument. Doesn't matter if they hit the same target or not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

With all the respect, why not just suck it up? You shouldn’t guilt trip another player for your own death. It’s the Maw, you weren’t grouped up, just suck it up and walk to your corpse and call it a day.

So you just saw them there, no party at all, started hitting the thing, you died and instead of saying "ah shit i should've tanked as guardian since 2 more people are there", you shifted part of the blame to 3rd parties, this is one of the most hated personalities a raider can have btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Shadowlands released 5 Months and 1 week ago.

Yet you come up with -8 months-? lol. way to make a point, i guess.
    ok 5 months 1 week 3 hours and 32 second
    and i'll update this post daily -.-
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    In Classic you can almost expect passersby to buff you or stop and help you with a tough fight, just out of kindness and a shared humanity. Retail WoW has utterly lost that and the people playing now embrace the "me!me!me!me!" attitude.
    My experience is opposite... or almost. Vanilla wow and retail is the same with player interaction for me. You have people who help you and you have people who try to fuck you over and you have people who don't interact with you positive or negative way.

This "me, me, me" attitude you talk about was present in vanilla as well. I mean the most common action from players you came across were tagging mobs before you, or you tried to mine or gather something and while you kill a mob they went and stole it. Or even worse they pulled extra to you if used AoE spells to guarantee they got it or even kill you.

Another one was needing everything in a dungeon because of gold or selfish reasons... That was common as hell. I mean, all these systems with multi-tagging and personal loot was created BECAUSE these things happened a lot and it would turn it into a less competitive "me, me, me" attitude among the same faction players.

When I'm out in the world doing quests I encounter more people helping you than try to fuck you over, the same amount as back in the day.

If I die in the maw I have randoms ressing me or i just give them a quick whisper to ask them to ress me and they sure do. Plenty of people calling for rares that are up so more players can take part of it etc etc... It's like people just WANT to see the bad and ignore the good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I totally swiped this from someone, but fits perfectly for how I feel. More rewards for raiding and Torghast please.
    A problem I think many players miss is that a reward structure tends to mean that you get rewarded based on performance and on the difficulty of content you do. Without that; any rewards starts to feel meaningless. So here's the crux, Torghast actually were difficult at one point which made completing it and getting rewards feel more impactful. Players nerfed the content due to incessant whining about difficulty which turned rewards into a non-reward. Instead it became a chore. It happens when you want a reward but getting the reward isn't fulfilling or at least doesn't feel like you earned it.

It's why a lot of people don't enjoy grinding for example, in my experience I would say majority don't like grinding but I could be wrong, and it's because it's often tied to doing a minimal effort task for a long time until you get what you want.

People are essentially constantly trying to remove the game and fulfillment to get the reward asap, but that way you ruin the reward structure and you don't feel rewarded at all. The comic claims players wanted a reward structure, but from what I saw on forums and from players, they just wanted the rewards.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-05-01 at 10:50 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Treat people how you wanna be treated all that OP. You acted like a passive aggressive shithead, so the pally treated you with the same respect you showed them. Don't see anything wrong with that. Hell I'd even say the pally was quite nice in this situation, on average the response would've been much worse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Treat people how you wanna be treated all that OP. You acted like a passive aggressive shithead, so the pally treated you with the same respect you showed them. Don't see anything wrong with that. Hell I'd even say the pally was quite nice in this situation, on average the response would've been much worse.
    Hey, this might be too much for him. He already stated he is feeling down. There is no need for this. Some people do things and they just don't realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Hey, this might be too much for him. He already stated he is feeling down. There is no need for this. Some people do things and they just don't realize.
    Why should he feel down? How on earth “Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated." can be considered aggressive?

This remembers me being insulted as an healer because after dying at Stradama with boss died after 5 seconds the only other resser in party left without ressing me and got mad when I whispered him “dude why didn’t you ress me? It was just a click on a button”.

People have serious mental issues nowadays.