Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Feeling a bit down, so sorry for this blogpost.

I wernt down to the Maw early today, was in the mood to do the hunt. I called out in general that I was going there, got no response. Saw no one there. Cleared the first round, called out in general. Cleared second round. Third round. Finally the boss is up. And finally two other people show up. An unholy death knight and a retribution paladin. We go in and my dps is the highest so I get aggro. I was immediately wishing I'd gone restoration affinity or even guardian spec, that thing hit pretty hard. Right near the end one of the adds edges behind me, dazes me, and I get killed by a tower blast.

So I run back to my body, and see the paladin running by. I whisper him thusly "Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated." Nothing offensive, right? And he unloads at me quite a bit of vitriol.

"I wasn't aware I was signing up for LFR when I came down to the Maw"
    "If you can't handle your own business you have no business playing, go die"
    And some third line I can't remember.

So I reply "What's the big deal? I was tanking that thing for you the least you could do is throw me some offheals, I know ret has some good ones." But he'd already had me on ignore. I mean, really. If he'd gotten aggro I would've thrown my instant regrowths on him if he needed them, it's only common decency. To not only not get that, but to get attacked in such a way. I kinda miss the 90s. Players seemed nicer to each other in online games, since the idea of playing with another person possibly on the other side of the world was a novel idea then. You seemed to want to walk up to that guy, ask what he was doing, and make friends. Now it's "that guy died helping me? He deserved it."
    So let me get this right, You misplayed then tried to shift the blame to an other person? Good for that guy. I would have roasted the fuck out of you. So basically next time, don't be a noob and use a threat add-on and manage it. GG.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    So let me get this right, You misplayed then tried to shift the blame to an other person? Good for that guy. I would have roasted the fuck out of you. So basically next time, don't be a noob and use a threat add-on and manage it. GG.
    What does a threat addon have to do with anything?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    with the rise of addons

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh yeah, 90's online gaming was a hoot...
    As a dude who grew up playing online games in the late 90s/early '00s: It was just as bad then as it is now. PennyArcade's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory is just as relevant today as it was in 2004 when it was first introduced:

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    with the rise of addons
    Addons were a thing from the beginning. Hell, the original game let you automate so much stuff that Blizzard had to break and change a ton of things. Though to be fair the first time I saw anything like item level trackers wasn't until Wrath.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    What does a threat addon have to do with anything?
    Nothing, you cannot see other's threat if you are not in the same group; shows how superficial people are, starting from reading, interpreting and writing skills.

OP, I get the feeling behind you whispering to that pally, you were frustrated and just wanted to point out to him that he could have made a difference, in the hope that maybe next time he will help a total random player?! You also know by now that it was not the right thing to do and just asking for trouble.
    Always assume people are mean, that way you won't be disappointed and if anything, you will be pleasantly surprised when people are nice.

I read every single reply in this thread and it makes me sad... it explains why the WoW community is so bad and we as a society are degrading at an alarming rate.
    How can you expect someone to help a stranger without expecting anything in return, are you crazy?!
    People play an MMO in single player mode until they need something, then they group up, not because they want to but because they need to. This is the main problem - somewhere on the way, the sense of needing to belong to a community was lost.

I also noticed the excuse "I don't have friendly player nameplates enabled" a few times here. Erm, you don't need to, very few people have. All you need is target of target which one should safely assume that anyone that got to the Beastwarrens has that enabled.
    In case it needs explaining, the pally was attacking the same enemy as the druid therefore he surely noticed the druid's nameplate going low.

I have played WoW since 2006, mainly healers and tanks and I never ever stopped helping players in the game, just random people I see out there needing some help. Sometimes I get whispers with thanks, sometimes nothing, almost never a bad comment. I don't expect anything from the start though because I'm old enough to know that a lot of people are just selfish entitled little aholes; I don't do it for them, I do it for me, it's what I like to do.

OP, if you're trying to make the world a better place, you're going the wrong way to do so.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    All you need is target of target which one should safely assume that anyone that got to the Beastwarrens has that enabled
    sure, you can assume that, but thats still it - assumption, its in no way certainty... and while you are at it you can assume he had some reason not to heal OP, we can also assume the whole situation happened completely different than Op tried to paint it, but, as with all assumptions mentioned, we simply DONT KNOW...

if you help other players you meet, thats nice, i try to do so too, BUT you shouldnt expect everyone you meet have to help you...
    and whispering them passive aggresive bullshit afterwards is huge red flag, personaly i wouldnt even dignify that with answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post

Erm, you don't need to, very few people have. All you need is target of target which one should safely assume that anyone that got to the Beastwarrens has that enabled.
    What else do I need to do and how else do I need to set up my UI? Do you want me to walk your dog while I'm at it? Do your dishes?

honestly i see this a lot and think that it is necessary to find a social group of friends / guild mates that you get along with, and do stuff with them. with PUGs it's so unpredictable the kinds of people you will have to deal with. But with a guild it seems like there is a lot more positivity and cooperation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    World content is awful - irredeemably so. This game is designed around groups running instances where people have different roles.

You’re not going to see people at their best when they’re just slogging through a pile of shit chores.
    Bingo. The playerbase at large is behaving as expected, given the kind of slog content they have to go through in order to be able to play the few enjoyable bits of the game.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-06-14 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.