Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    He needs at minimum to spend the rest of his life in jail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...haven't been in a while but the last few sporting events I went to (including one public highschool game to see a family member play) I didn't like...assault anyone? Or verbally harass anyone? And just sat there and cheered when appropriate? And ate some popcorn?

I mean...does this grown-ass man without children routinely attend public school sporting events? And if so...why?
    It's called projection. He has brought about the delusional belief that other people are worse than him. He was spouting shit about God's judgement FFS. He's a religious lunatic who believes his actions are ordained or some shit. Think about every zealous religious crusader in popular series you've watched, where they believe themselves to be the arbiters of justice. That's him.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you watch the video it’s pretty clear he’s just trying to show the kid he can hurt him.
    Which, sadly, is him Just dOing it By the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Seems like a case can be made for sexual assault or lewd acts with minors. Frequent references to masturbation and directing other students to “kick him in the balls,” combined with the nature of the alleged physical assault of a student, paints a picture of aggravated sexual misconduct. All that Bible-beating and bigoted ranting about homosexual relationships, it wouldn’t surprise me if this guy turns out to be another Larry Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Seems like a case can be made for sexual assault or lewd acts with minors. Frequent references to masturbation and directing other students to “kick him in the balls,” combined with the nature of the alleged physical assault of a student, paints a picture of aggravated sexual misconduct. All that Bible-beating and bigoted ranting about homosexual relationships, it wouldn’t surprise me if this guy turns out to be another Larry Craig.
    I always chalked up homophobia/transphobia to self hatred. I have no other explanation for it.

"I went to jail for battery. Does that really make me a criminal?"

Yes.

We need to condemn these people when they do wrong, and never let concern with the reputation of "our group" override our actual concern for the actual activities of the members of said group, or it will swell up and explode like the Catholic reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...251526938.html

During the hearing Wednesday morning, Franklin County Attorney Brandon Jones requested additional bond conditions, which include requirements that Samsel have no contact with alleged victims, plus possess no firearms, alcohol or drugs. He is not allowed to have unsupervised contact with children.

Magistrate Judge Kevin Kimball also ordered Samsel to obtain a mental health evaluation within the next three weeks as part of the conditions. Samsel and his attorney, Chris Scott, didn’t object to the evaluation.
    So he's out on bail, but can't be around kids without another adult present and needs to get a psych eval. Sounds good, this guy probably needs it.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...251666688.html

Kansas Rep. Mark Samsel said “God works in mysterious ways” when confronted by law enforcement officers over a bruise he allegedly gave a student while he was substitute teaching in April, according to a newly-released court document.

The Wellsville Republican faces three misdemeanor battery charges involving two approximately 16-year-old victims from an April 28 incident at the city’s high school. Numerous videos taken by students that day show Samsel ranting about God, the Bible, masturbation and suicide.

One student told police Samsel kicked him in the crotch.

Franklin County District Court on Tuesday released the probable cause affidavit used to charge Samsel. The document, signed by Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Detective W. Hargesheimer, recounts over nine pages the detective’s investigation. It was released despite efforts from Samsel’s attorney to have the document sealed.

During an interview with investigators, Samsel described a chaotic classroom with misbehaving students and said he had begun to lose his temper a little bit, according to the affidavit. The students had Samsel at his “wit’s end,” he told the officers.

Samsel said he “barely grabbed” one student and told the student to give him space and said he had heard the student had a bruise.

“He then stated, ‘I would honest to God never do anything to hurt him.’ Mark thought maybe (redacted) bruises ‘softly’ but ‘God works in mysterious ways,’” the affidavit says.

Last week, Samsel pleaded not guilty to the three battery charges. And a judge ordered he undergo a mental health evaluation as part of bond conditions. His next hearing is scheduled for July 12.

“Even though I didn’t want to do any of the things I did right there and this is what’s going to end me up in a manic hospital probably, because it has all the appearances of a psychotic episode or manic episode,” Samsel told investigators, according to the affidavit.

Samsel also told investigators he was following instructions from God.
    This man should never be allowed around children unsupervised again. Ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...251666688.html

He shouldn't be allowed out of jail again, ever.

This is the GOP now. This is who they love and vote for. They can not hold anyone on their side accountable for any of their actions, even when they rail against this sorta crap on the daily. Like the Child Rapist running against Liz Cheney, who herself is a terrible person, but still they'd rather have the child rapist.

Greedy Old Perverts.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This is the GOP now. This is who they love and vote for. They can not hold anyone on their side accountable for any of their actions, even when they rail against this sorta crap on the daily. Like the Child Rapist running against Liz Cheney, who herself is a terrible person, but still they'd rather have the child rapist.

Greedy Old Perverts.
    Just like the like many extreme lefties(not talk about democrats lmao) have their hierarchy of oppression where you go up the ladder, republican have their own version where old white rapist > old white women. Infact if you listen to them long enough, you realise its the exact same ladder, but the republican use it upside down, poor white men under attack!
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-05-26 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Claiming to be following instructions by god to commit violence against children just screams severe mental illness. I'm not religion bashing with this just to clarify -- I'm going down the "the voices in my head made me do it" road.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/..._headlines_hed

Did you think this was over? IT'S NOT!

A Kansas legislator accused of kicking a high school student in the testicles has surrendered his state substitute teacher's license and said Wednesday that “extreme” stress caused him to have "an isolated episode of mania with psychotic features" in a classroom.

Republican state Rep. Mark Samsel disclosed in a Facebook post that he has seen mental health professionals over the past three months. He also wrote that he is studying ways to handle stress so that “there is no likelihood” an episode will occur again. He surrendered his teaching license Tuesday.
    Apparently this "mania" extends to the days/weeks/months following his episode as well. He hasn't gone to trial yet, but did please not-guilty to his behavior captured by students on their phones. So we'll see if there are any actual consequences outside of him no longer being a substitute teacher. Assaulting children is generally, pretty much universally, not a good thing.

Apparently this "mania" extends to the days/weeks/months following his episode as well. He hasn't gone to trial yet, but did please not-guilty to his behavior captured by students on their phones. So we'll see if there are any actual consequences outside of him no longer being a substitute teacher. Assaulting children is generally, pretty much universally, not a good thing.
    So, he's giving up on the "It was all planned by the students and I" defense? Or is he just rolling that plan in with being part of his "isolated episode" of mania?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So, he's giving up on the "It was all planned by the students and I" defense? Or is he just rolling that plan in with being part of his "isolated episode" of mania?
    Why not both?

Why not both?
    "The Kids and i planned my isolated episode of mania with psychotic features to send a message"

I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    uhm, should there be a mega thread for republican pos?
    I tried to start one but some piece of shit mod closed it down.
    Last edited by Clone; 2021-08-04 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I tried to stay one but some piece of shit mod closed it down.
    Ehhhh...

It's true that we have a lot of threads about the shittiness of particular (most) Republicans, which would go well together. But I don't see a general hate-thread being particularly productive. Would turn bad, really quickly. I'm guessing that's why yours was locked. I think these more focused threads work better for that reason.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-04 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Better to keep them separate anyway...otherwise there's like a half dozen different things being discussed all at the same time in the same thread.

Would I be correct in saying that you were thwarted?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020