Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Every time they do an update theres always a vocal group who start screaming about them changing the game. Hell when they redid the bears they had to leave the old models on a bunch of random npcs so that hunters wouldnt freak out. Its the same thing with the character updates. There is still a dedicated group of people who complain that the old low poly models were sooooooo much better.
    On the wyverns and gryphons, hear me out......... put both versions on the vendors. Or like add a new vendor for the low-poly crap. But why even care at this point since they still exist on Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    And Quilens are actually foo-dogs/shishi and the Windsteeds are the actual Quilens/Kirin/qilin.
    Annoys me.
    To be honest I think there was a theme here in MoP. I mean female pandaren aren't even based on the same animal family, let alone species, as the male pandaren.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

For the longest time it was the BGM of certain zones. Some I loved but some would just wear on me after a while. Thankfully they added the music players in Legion which I immediately obtained my favorites, but I still wish they were just a toy.

On the note of toys, pointlessly long cooldowns and no way to filter them based on usability in a certain area. I heard there are toy addons, so I might look for one with that, a separate favorites list per character, and filtering out toys that I never use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be honest I think there was a theme here in MoP. I mean female pandaren aren't even based on the same animal family, let alone species, as the male pandaren.
    What are they based on then? Now you have me curious. They've always taken heavy artistic license/had wildly different body types for sexes in WoW so I never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No playable Ogres.

Treasure chests giving crappy or static loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    The tiny things that annoys me: gnomes.
    This.

This!

THIS!

And the music thingy. It is split too much in each zone. Like everytime I am in Terokkar or Ashenvale, there are some songs that I like more than others(probably my two favorites) . So when it pops up I stop moving/questing just to be immersed into this awewome world.

And I also wish it was more weather in the world. More rain, more snow, more wind, storms, hurricanes. I love that kind of small stuff, and I want more! Maybe why Shrine of the Storm was my favorite dungeon in BfA. MOAR weather pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What are they based on then? Now you have me curious. They've always taken heavy artistic license/had wildly different body types for sexes in WoW so I never noticed.
    Red pandas, which are closer to raccons than pandas which belong to the bear family.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I read the title and thought "gnomes"

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    On the wyverns and gryphons, hear me out......... put both versions on the vendors. Or like add a new vendor for the low-poly crap. But why even care at this point since they still exist on Classic?
    I agree wholeheartedly. I would love for them to steadily go through and update zones and models like they did Arathi/Darkshore, there is just going to be that contingent of people who hold tightly to the old way and make a big fuss out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My di... oh in game. The fact that the warlock summoning stone faces the wrong way when you summon it now.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation
    The Tiny Things that Annoy You
    mhm there is only 1 thing that annoy me, at the end of each expansion we can hear from devs that they have learned many new things mostly from mistakes - oh come on, if you will learn from mistakes every wow expansion would be a masterpiece not legion 3.0 with less and less content etc. this is one little thing that annoy me

TLDR: "at the end of each expansion we can hear from devs that they have learned many new things mostly from mistakes" - but in the fact this is a lie

Getting stuck on fences!

Also water walking breaking when getting hit in combat.

I'd love it if I didn't have to mess with my ui and interface when I make a new character.

I'd like being able to actually make the characters I want. I'm pretty sick of looking at character creation and having class options greyed out for races I'd like to play as but don't have the class options I want.

There's more they can do to make characters more personalized to be specifically like what people want - like being able to adjust height and weight - but if I'm being honest the most important thing to me right now is just lifting race and class restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get annoyed when people don’t play their class right. WoW isn’t a hard game outside of R1 gladiator and pushing for world first, so I get fed up with people when they can’t do the basics. It’s not hard to perform a specs rotation and pick optimal talents. I can live with players who aren’t good, but I absolutely get heated when they do group content. Don’t be a burden on everyone else.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    EDIT: (Hmm. BBS Code allows stylized fonts in the Title when Previewing, but not when Submitting. Good to know!)

People always harp on about the "game-breaking" flaws that make them quit the game, both ironically and not. And there are threads and videos aplenty for them. For some, those are more fun and engaging than the game itself.

But what about the minor annoyances? The niggling little frustrations that just irk you?

The following list of annoyances are NOT going to make me quit the game. They are irritating, but just not overly so that I ever see people make threads or videos about them... but if they're never mentioned, the chance of them ever being fixed are 0%. At least by listing them here, the chance of someone influential seeing them is 0.000000001%. And as someone who farmed the MoP world boss mounts, I like those odds!

Mount-up Water Bubble Pop

I remember when they first changed the mount-up/dismount animation. After rubbing their hands, suddenly a puff of smoke would envelop the character. This was VERY annoying to me, and I said so at the time. Of course, I got the cliche "lol WoW players will complain about EHNYFING!" replies, but mounting up is something you do almost every time you log in. Play for a while,and you do it maybe 50 times. The average player has probably mounted/dismounted hundreds of thousands of time... so having the animation changed to be pointlessly annoying was... frustrating.

Then Shadowlands happened, and the devs added a giant water bubble pop. Because when you're mounting up and dismounting, a puff of smoke AND a giant magical water bubble appearing around your character and then popping in a little explosion makes the game more fun... right?

Great. Just great. And if this follows tradition, we'll be seeing the water bubble pop only a few hundred thousand times until they add another distracting, nonsensical spell effect. Maybe a swirly moonbeam?

Character Select Screen Size

Do you have alts? Compare an Undead to any other race on the Character Select screen. They're HUGE! But why? Why is the camera zoomed in so far on Undead? Compare this to trolls, who are so far away you can't appreciate the facial customization or transmog. Not as bad, but still pointlessly far away are dwarves. And it can't be for RP reasons because gnomes and goblins are zoomed in way more. There's just no reason for the camera to be so far zoomed in on Undead to make them giants, while the same camera is zoomed so far out for trolls.

I also miss the Cataclysm-era random combat animations, but it seems Blizzard wanted to reserve them for the character creation screen. It's as if they want you to be excited for creating a new character, but not having one already. Kind've like how utility companies offer plan discounts for new customers but not existing ones. At least they haven't removed the random Yawn/Fidget emote, so I can at least try to add variety to my screencaps.

5-second Background Music

Some BGM I like. Some, not so much. Some I absolutely love... but it seems I never get to hear any of them because moving my character 5 seconds in any direction changes the background music.

I know some people prefer not to play the BGM, or have it be silent and atmospheric, or even play other music or TV shows on another monitor... but some of us actually play the game in full immersion mode, and every time a new expansion hits, most people say the music remains 100% AAA quality. And often, I agree... but I never get to hear enough of it!

Wether it's walking through a city or flying through the air, Blizzard has set things up so every building changes the BGM, and every subzone has it's own BGM. The result: the player never gets to fully hear more than 20 seconds of the music track at most. Not unless they literally stop playing and stand still. Does the music have to change literally every time I go through any door at any time?

Macro Icon Search

There was once an addon that allowed you to search for just the right icon by keyword whenever you made macros, but it broke years ago. So if you want to make macros now, you're just going to have to scroll manually line by line through WoW's... what, 65,000 icons?

Frustrating. Inefficient. Mind-numbing. But that brief time the addon was working was beautiful. Such a small, basic, seemingly obvious feature. And yet, not possible in WoW. Why?

Eyebrow Lag

Not sure how many years ago this weird bug cropped up, but no matter what character is shown first upon logging in, they always have an angry eyebrow selected. After 2 seconds, the game will "adjust" them back to what I selected at the Barber Shop. Wether it's Orc or Night Elf or whatever; they always appear angry when I first get to the Character Select screen... until 2 seconds later, when their eyebrows "pop" back into place.

It's not a lag thing, as I've tested this on fast connections and slow connections. The game just doesn't load the eyebrows as a priority, as if it's too far down the queue of things to load. But wait 2 seconds, and.... pop! Eyebrows back to normal!

Rocking Horse Riding Animation

It's possible that this has been noticed by other players as well, but when I'm mounted up and riding along the ground, my character gets rocked forward and back as if they are on a rocking horse. It's amazing they don't get thrown off!

It's also possible that people don't notice this because they always have their camera facing forward, up far behind the back of their character's head so the issue isn't noticeable. However, if you circle the camera around while you're moving should you wish to take a snapshot of yourself riding in open fields amidst a lovely backdrop (a Blizzard speciality), you then see your character's head being throttled back and forth as if riding a wild bucking bronco. And you think, "that ain't right."

Just a few minor annoyances that will NOT make me quit the game. But typing them out is better than not, since staying silent only guarantees that issues never, ever get addressed or even made aware of. Again, I'm not talking about the big things that ruin your enjoyment... I'm talking about the small, paltry annoyances that are always there, that you see every day and happen over and over that you've just accepted, but annoy the heck out of you.

PS. Take no notice of any toxic, 10yr accounts that only drop by to proclaim how "OmG WoW players complain about EHNEE-THANG, and they just have to tell you how much they don't care. Remember; they're flagged Red for a reason. Don't be intimidated; If a small game mechanic irks you, tell us!
    People are always on and on about customization, but it's always just visual stuff, and never sound.
    Personally i would love to be able to customise the sound effects a bit, nothing too fancy, just some choice and variations.

Also i dislike it severely when people go on and on about something being suboptimal; i play the way i want, your opinion is yours to give of course but it is also mine to ignore completely. Practical consequences notwithstanding of course, but that's why you create your own groups.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-05-01 at 08:44 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    - The lack of proper titles for the Sunwalkers. I recognize that the game has to identify them as Paladins for technical reasons, but is it really too hard to change the displayed name of a Tauren Paladin/Priest to show "Sunwalker" instead of "Paladin" or "Priest" in the tooltip.

- And the overall lack of fun customizations for the different cultural variances of each class? A Blood Knight, a Silver Hand, and a Sunwalker should not all have the same animations. Yes, keep the same basic shape for them all, but tweak them just enough to make them obviously based on their respective backgrounds. And that applies to all classes.

- I'd love for the Trial of Style to have more options. Tis my favorite time of the year and I'd like to use my stored up prizes. It's like they just abandoned it. T_T Also, I want MogIt to get fixed.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2021-05-01 at 09:15 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    class options greyed out for races I'd like to play

Draenei can't be rogues... despite the game being literally filled with HUNDREDS of Draenei rogues, including the Subtlety Artifact Weapon in Legion being owned and taken from a Draenei Rogue who now has a Shadowlands legendary named after her!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I get annoyed when people don’t play their class right. WoW isn’t a hard game outside of R1 gladiator and pushing for world first, so I get fed up with people when they can’t do the basics. It’s not hard to perform a specs rotation and pick optimal talents. I can live with players who aren’t good, but I absolutely get heated when they do group content. Don’t be a burden on everyone else.
    I feel you can blame that one on Blizzard since the game itself does not teach you how to play your class or what your rotation is and just from ability description alone it is not easy to figure out, some classes more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    For us that go on internet forums to discuss wow? For sure, but for an avg player whose interest doesn't go beyond doing 2-3hrs of gameplay every now and them? You'd be surprised by the amount of people that haven't even heard of damage meters.

I'm sure there's some other aspect of life where someone would shame you for "not putting in the effort to learn the super easy basics"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when I get attached to a model or zone after I'm used to see it for a decade and then they remove it or change it

Weapon/armor/ect. models that we'll never get that NPCs have. I don't mean the super epic ones like say Turalyon's sword. Things like the void elf weapons, dark iron weapons...or the silver recolored warfront elite set. So many amazing things that I'd love to have that'll never happen, it seems.