Thread: Useless Taelia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Because a dead emo elf with death issues complaining how hard death treated her is not interesting. Why not create new stories with new characters?
    Admittedly, I can agree with this. Taelia could be good because they've never really done much with her. She's a blank slate whose personality can be developed more. Sylvanas' new shift in personality, on the other hand, is pretty banal. People who do nothing but whine about how life is terrible and unfair because bad things happened to them already annoy me in real life - I don't see who would want to hear nihilistic edgelords spewing cringe when they're trying to escape from reality, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I am quite convinced Anduin is gay, so not expecting anything from him and Taelia.
    Actually, he is confirmed to be straight. He likes Draenei women and Christie further confirmed it.

All I can say is that Sylvannas has lived her usefullness. The only people who are left liking her are people who want to play a villain but are actually playing a wrong game because Warcraft follows like most fantasy games the trend of good beating evil. At this point Sylvannas is like a force fed trash that appeals to only a small part in the expense of all the rest who are tired of her presence. It's time we kill her in this raid and move on with the Jailer and see if he can be developed even better as other characters also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a dead emo elf with death issues complaining how hard death treated her is not interesting. Why not create new stories with new characters?

Trust me I am in agreement in Sylvanas more-or-less sucking up the spotlight, but Taelia specifically is not very interesting nor offers really anything more than Sylvanas does currently. Granted she's very new to the story, only being introduced last expansion, but if Blizzard wanted to use her more, they would have already.

Which is not to say they do not have plans for her. I'm sure they do. She's just not that important at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Actually, he is confirmed to be straight. He likes Draenei women and Christie further confirmed it

With a secret kink for Dwarf women. Anduin's got a height fetish: either smaller than him or taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    She is next Aggra, you know it.
    The next who?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The character existed because Blizz found the concept art cool, she's inoffensive but I don't really see what anyone expected out of it. Bolvar didn't need a daughter.
    This, she was literally BfA's Pepe the bird. Is it really surprising that she has already lost relevancy? It also happened last expansion after Anduin said 'Hi'. Additionally her usefulness in BfA extended to being a taxi service and little else and we have alternative forms of transport available.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    I am quite convinced Anduin is gay, so not expecting anything from him and Taelia.
    how are you convinced hes gay? we have had multiple times he has shown interest in women in the story of world of warcraft, what makes you think so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Actually, he is confirmed to be straight. He likes Draenei women and Christie further confirmed it.
    he also had a crush on his dwarf priest teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They do have a reunion.
    I'm disappointed with how this meeting happened, it's like
    Taelia: Hi dad, i'm Taelia.
    Bolvar: Hi Taelia, i'm dad.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is not, he has a thing for draenei and dwarf women and had a little fling with some girl in Goldshire inn in the Shadow's Rising book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    I'm disappointed with how this meeting happened, it's like
    Taelia: Hi dad, i'm Taelia.
    Bolvar: Hi Taelia, i'm dad.
    Ye, lets hope they have something in store for them later.

Can't see Blizz focusing on their relationship for the time being.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Unnecessarily too. Tess or Vanessa are much better picks.
    Indeed, Tess could easily replace Taelia in the whole Kul Tiras storyline. And Vanessa, given her character, she could easily be hiding in Kul Tiras masquerading as a port official or guard, she would be even better in that situation. So yeah, Taelia is just completely and utterly unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he also had a crush on his dwarf priest teacher.
    So he is into both bestiality and pedophilia? Quite the range there!
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2021-05-01 at 05:13 PM. Reason: grammar error
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

I mean, it pretty normal for blizzard to just say " alliance lore who?" yea they are putting her on ice.
    just like back in WoD, when blizzard was like" guys guys, dont worry, i know this seem like a orc / horde focused expation, but there will be alliance lore as well. yrell is going to have her movements and maybe a dark twist"
    And they did nothing with her.
    was only in Legion / BFA allied races they even fucking bothered adding "she is now Hitler of the Light"

The same will happend with Taelia. She will get 1-2 minor minor minor scenes.

And then at the end she will be like" AND i think that explains it all and all was told".

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post

And people call anduin a boring character.

All I can say is that Sylvannas has lived her usefullness.
    Same with Jaina and Thrall tbh, but they still keep stealing spotlight from other characters. Besides, Sylvanas' story is almost at its peak, but Jaina and Thrall will be around for a long time to come.

So far Taelia hasn't gotten anything significant beyond the brief conversation she has with Bolvar upon arriving. The first major patch isn't here but doesn't seem to have anything more on that in it. Understandably focus is probably on Sylvanas and the Jailer atm. Supposedly there are two more major patches to go, where Taelia could get some attention somewhere. I'd probably expect the .2 patch before the .3 in terms of Taelia getting content, as half-way major patches tend to be the more 'side-adventure' content, where side-characters like Taelia usually have more opportunity to have something happen to them. There are plenty of other side-characters like Nathanos and Koltira and maybe Tyrande/Ysera and etc. to get through as well, so hopefully they manage to get around to everyone they need to.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when a dead elf hogs all the story. More interesting characters are left out of the field.+-
    Sylvanas and Anduin do hog the story, but I fail to see what might make Taelia gurl even remotely interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    He also flirts with cows, go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.