View Poll Results: Have you ever starved?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

30 71.43%
  • Yes.

6 14.29%
  • I've come close so maybe

6 14.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    modern world. Things like rice, beans, bread, apple, bananas, carrots, and potatoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    When someone says something so inaccurate and out of touch, how can they even keep posting here? At that point no one will EVER take anything they say seriously ever again so might as well make a new user name and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB2323 View Post
    In any modern country -

Bread
    Potatoes
    Rice
    Beans
    Fruit and vegetables
    I appreciate the effort but next time try not to make it seem so obvious.

I appreciate the effort but next time try not to make it seem so obvious.
    I got accused of being "dribbles" in the Brexit thread.

I can assure you i am neither dribbles nor PC2 and this is literally the only account I've ever had on this forum.

I did read PC2 thread and i happen to agree with him.

Here in the UK i can buy all of these things and live with a very full sumach every single day for a budget of £25 / week.

Dieing from starvation here in the UK is virtually eliminated.

Approximately 500 people die in this way per year, and mostly it is old people where they aren't able to digest food properly, or, regretfully, neglect from the care workers (but this is VERY rare).

It is very rare for a homeless person to starve to death here in the UK because they do have access to food.

It's sad when so few people agree with you that you need to fabricate a personality just so you don't feel foolish by saying something utterly disproven like "world hunger is a myth." Isn't that right, my very real friend Steve who is sitting right next to me? He concurs.

This sort of topic can be posted in Fun Stuff or Chat Zone. In the future, create these types of threads in whichever is more appropriate.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    snip
    Oh, I am not disputing your personal circumstances. I was trying to back up my position that for a relatively low cost it is possible to budget healthy eating for little money almost anywhere. I picked the two most pricey zips on opposite ends of the country and just looked at their weekly sale circulars. I am certain I could do similar almost anywhere.

Of course, an individual may not want to buy grapes or beans. That's up to an individual. I wasn't providing a meal plan in looking at the local shops. Just picking out what was fairly inexpensive and abundant (such as asparagus currently, for example).

There will always be variance in budgeting. That is why I think it is important to note relative cost ($10 in Missipppissi is different than $10 in Boston) and the case that extreme poverty that causes hunger/starvation is a matter of people not having any means. Not being "too stupid" to buy rice or seek help as that one poster suggested.

Maybe this is helpful to someone since you brought up actual meal prep- https://www.eatthismuch.com/diet-plan/2000-calorie/

I used this site before to get my calories up after I had my son (I kinda lot my appetite). The site is decent at providing a variety of ideas and relative pricing if you need to either lose weight or gain weight.

Pick Up Limes: https://www.pickuplimes.com/
    Also does excellent recipe ideas and budget meal prep that is health-focused. Often around $3-4 a meal. I used some of their ideas for meals too. Great stuff.

Might not be relevant to you personally, but worth mentioning should any one reading be interested.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-05-04 at 04:53 PM.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

If you go to pretty much any Walmart in America you'll see fat people using food stamps. Our country has become some kind of twisted circus.

It's sad when so few people agree with you that you need to fabricate a personality just so you don't feel foolish by saying something utterly disproven like "world hunger is a myth." Isn't that right, my very real friend Steve who is sitting right next to me? He concurs.
    Never do that. It’s better to stay away from people than to, as you said, fabricate personality. Just be yourself. Eventually there will be always few quality people who will agree with you.

this was my shop today

three meals a day, fairly healthy, four days and it will be really nice food

you would need to be careful the first few times you shop until you have stuff like butter, chicken stock and salt in reserve, i also forgot bags so that was 40p extra

aldi is either the cheapest or second cheapest supermarket around here but ive just had the beans on toast and they seemed nice