Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    As I said: You will be judged by your r.io score if you want or not. There is nothing you can do about it
    Can refuse to pay a sub until Blizz stops trying to push M+ and gives a game back to the ones who want no part of that.

More exclusivity and less variety of things to do for those that aren’t super active.

Just what the game needs....

If we all hate casuals so much, can't Blizzard just implement a "purge" that would delete any character under ilvl 220 every months considering they can't properly pvp or pve at lvl cap? Maybe send an e-mail to explain the action "Slacker, this game is not for you."

:'D

So this ingame score doesn't show the highest done key in time and how many 15+ keys in time someone has done?

If that's the case people will just stick to RaiderIo, this score is too easily abused by boosted players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    But today it is all about score. Players are just numbers. This change further cements direction of WoW. It further separates hardcore and casual players, making it even harder for casual players to do content.
    The problem with your argument is that said casuals could just play together and join guilds/communitys that don't require R.io.

Everyone already knows they don't want to though, they just want to get boosted for free.

Do you guys seriously think that if i just take anyone randomly into a 15/18/20 key they or the group will have fun if said player has never done something like that before? Seriously?

"I think it's bad chess beginners can't play with the chess masters, it would make the world a better place and everyone would have so much fun"

Yeah right...
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-05-02 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Good to know that Blizzard doesn't want my sub anymore
    I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a few months now.

It doesn't even seem to make any business sense, it would cost them very little in new/modified content to keep me paying and playing but apparently they simply can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesized View Post
    I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a few months now.

It doesn't even seem to make any business sense, it would cost them very little in new/modified content to keep me paying and playing but apparently they simply can't be bothered.
    I quit and went to FF14 a couple months ago. I'd suggest others do the same.

It's not perfect, but it's better in more ways than not and the devs seem to actually care about the overall health of the game and community.

It's such a breath of fresh air.

I feel like this isn't going to really change anything? You still need RIO to see exactly who has done what and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I quit and went to FF14 a couple months ago. I'd suggest others do the same.

It's not perfect, but it's better in more ways than not and the devs seem to actually care about the overall health of the game and community.

It's such a breath of fresh air.
    I don't see why people would be encouraging you to stay?

The virtual world isn't big enough for everyone. I would welcome different companies appealing to different crowds. I had some fun in final fantasy 14 less then 11 admittedly but I found the game to simplistic.

Rather then having constant group at war with one another wouldnt the preferable solution from the players point of view just everyone goes to the game that caters to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I don't see why people would be encouraging you to stay?

The virtual world isn't big enough for everyone. I would welcome different companies appealing to different crowds. I had some fun in final fantasy 14 less then 11 admittedly but I found the game to simplistic.

Rather then having constant group at war with one another wouldnt the preferable solution from the players point of view just everyone goes to the game that caters to them?
    Is there a war between those two game communities? I've never seen it.

I feel it's a safe assumption to say that the majority of individuals only have the time and energy to play one MMO at a time. Going off that assumption, I suggest that those individuals give their time and energy to FF14 currently due to the care and respect the devs show the game and community and also because the general consensus, from me and the community, is that the game is at an all time high in the level of quality.

It's a suggestion and I assume people are smart enough to make up their minds about whether or not that suggestion is for them.

I preferred the random dungeon game back in WOTLK. It was more fun those days

I do enjoy my m+ Though; just was a different type of game back in the day :P

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said: You will be judged by your r.io score if you want or not. There is nothing you can do about it and every group worth joining will do that. You can probably get into some +9 keys without any score but nobody cares about that.
    "Every group worth joining" lmao, if you don't understand that elitist attitude ALREADY I don't know what else to say. I have very successful groups who don't care about raider IO at all. But, I guess it does because you said so, huh? XD

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait... how many bonuses are there? Are we going to have to memorize priority powers to use each week? Are they semi random? Will one group have advantage over another because of the powers they get? Will a dungeon be impossible because you can't jump anymore? Not looking forward to keeping track of this.
    Those aren't necessarily the ones being used as was indicated in the post. The ones listed are the ones from the raid boss. They're showing what MIGHT happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Sweet even more reason not to bother with mythics.
    And what reason would that be? This change by Blizzard has changed nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Fucking cancer
    Why are you acting like this is a new thing? You know about RIO, right? What do you think will happen when Blizzard introduces a score?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

As I said: You will be judged by your r.io score if you want or not. There is nothing you can do about it and every group worth joining will do that. You can probably get into some +9 keys without any score but nobody cares about that.
    Pretty much this. I've refused to look at anyone's score but now it will be glaring right in my face so it impacts my decision regardless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Can refuse to pay a sub until Blizz stops trying to push M+ and gives a game back to the ones who want no part of that.
    That's not happening.

Blizzard is absolutely lost in the sauce on how to design this game for a wide audience, so they're just giving up and designing it for the .IO farmers and Mythic raid guilds. Not a big deal, it's been their game for a while now. Blizzard was simply acting like it wasn't while constantly making every facet of the game that wasn't these two modes worse and worse, while funneling you towards these two modes.

I know it's difficult, as you've spent a decade or two with this world and these characters, but it's time to move on. There are plenty of other games out there by competent developers who aren't operating on autopilot.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    But today it is all about score. Players are just numbers. This change further cements direction of WoW. It further separates hardcore and casual players, making it even harder for casual players to do content.
    If hardcore and casual are separated, and casuals massively outweigh hardcore, then surely that goes to say there will be more people with low score who can group together no?

What you are really saying is 'damn I won't accidentally get invited to a key that's higher than my current ability and get my ass carried'.

Surely as a casual you want the gap between casual and hardcore to be as big as possible?

As someone who mostly plays the game solo - like vast numbers of other people out there - I'm happy that I can completely ignore this. Relax and have fun, folks.

Isn't this score quite useless and limited compared to RIO? What i mean is with addon i can see how many 10+,15+,20+ has a player done. What is his best dungeon completed. Is it timed or not. And that excludes all the extra information i can get if i go to the website.

If you're going to integrate the score, why don't you also put a mythic+ queue in based on that score.

/micdrop

Or make content like they used to and get away from timed stuff trying so hard for epeensports. The early years showed the love for dungeons. Imo there is nothing fun about speed runs bypassing mobs cheeseing mechanics shrouds, invis pots, fd pulls. That's not wow.

Farming badges, rep, consumables everything that made the game into it's huge success is meaningless now. I'm just glad they are continuing on with the classic movement. For those of us that still want a rpg. Not a wow diablo.