Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Because it doesn’t give the best gear?

Because that is kinda RPG staple. Harder content gives better rewards.
    Another RPG staple is to be able to grind for rewards too. If a boss was too hard, you could go back and grind to get stronger and then come back later. When the only thing available is butt-clenching, stressfully difficult content that relies on having the right people around at the right times, what's the point if you're not going to get anything out of your time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Another RPG staple is to be able to grind for rewards too. If a boss was too hard, you could go back and grind to get stronger and then come back later. When the only thing available is butt-clenching, stressfully difficult content that relies on having the right people around at the right times, what's the point if you're not going to get anything out of your time?
    You do easier dungeons or easier raid difficulties or earlier bosses farming gear to get more powerful to overcome it.

Then, eventually you have to face the eventuality that you and yourself group is either good enough or not good enough to beat your current challenge.

You do easier dungeons or easier raid difficulties or earlier bosses farming gear to get more powerful to overcome it.

Then, eventually you have to face the eventuality that you and yourself group is either good enough or not good enough to beat your current challenge.
    When your only literal options in the game are "overcome the challenge" or "don't", and there is absolutely nothing else to do beyond that, don't be surprised if people just end up leaving when they feel they have no place in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    When your only literal options in the game are "overcome the challenge" or "don't", and there is absolutely nothing else to do beyond that, don't be surprised if people just end up leaving when they feel they have no place in the game.
    The game has mostly been that way.

If you run into a wall in a raid, and you’ve farmed as much gear as possible and still can’t beat it, you’re done.

It was true in TBC, wrath, cata, etc. as well.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

So, normal dungeon design can never be expected again here, I'm afraid there is nothing more to save, direction and degree of damage has too specifically designated milestone... well...

Their work has long been going in reverse order:
    "original design solution" (in most cases "lazy" automation)
    .→ (influence, requirements, dependency)
    ..→ changing dungeons' organization
    ...→ changing dungeons' design
    ....→ changing classes' design for new dungeons' one
    .....→ screwing up private temporary systems (crutches and patches) replacing by them another/next bit of remained basic control system (characteristics)

and explanation, of why it's wrong and that it doesn't work this way, there is absolutely no strength or desire to give...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-05-04 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Before developers have destroyed realms and communities with all that cross-realms match making, when WoW was a social MMORPG (no, discord chat full of memes doesn't count as "social"), what you are saying would be the norm. Players would give a chance to other players, add them to friends list, joined same guilds and so on.

But today it is all about score. Players are just numbers. This change further cements direction of WoW. It further separates hardcore and casual players, making it even harder for casual players to do content.
    "People arent social anymore, except when they are but that one doesnt count."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The game does not need you to sustain itself. Move on if it sucks. If anything you might get a small voice by voting with your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all this is ruining the game for "casual players" then as a casual player feel free to sort your list by lowest scores first and go nuts doing all your M+ with a rag tag group of people who may or may not waste your 2hours of playtime you have in your casual game time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    So basically you're not getting into, nor will anyone join your, pug groups 2-3 weeks into the patch unless you've been grinding M+ the whole time.

Great.
    Yep, same as it ever was.

That new affix with rng powers is just gonna push meta setups even further, lol, EJs have fun.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The game has mostly been that way.

If you run into a wall in a raid, and you’ve farmed as much gear as possible and still can’t beat it, you’re done.

It was true in TBC, wrath, cata, etc. as well.
    There were always options outside of raiding too though, like PvP that eventually yielded decent gear as you worked at it. I'd be happy if we had that back, but even PvP in SL requires you to be an ultra-skilled, ultra-connected person to be worthwhile.

If someone like me who isn't that is not going to feel welcome here, or given a game as well, then what else is there to do but stay unsubbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    The game does not need you to sustain itself. Move on if it sucks. If anything you might get a small voice by voting with your wallet.
    Already have. Been unsubbed since the SL prepatch event. Just been looking for a reason to come back, and all I get is snark, derision and hate. Would love to come back if I knew it wouldn't be a lonely and depressing experience.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-05-04 at 08:28 PM.