Steady Shot macro

Those of you on the TBC beta, is Steady Shot macroable to the point of making Hunter the easiest DPS class or does the modern macro API prevent it?

The modern macro API won't have any impact on Steady Shot b/c it's a castsequence setup using a 2:1 or 3:2 rotation to weave in auto shots. Auto shot clipping wasn't "fixed" until the WotlK pre-patch.

A "1:1(+KillCommand)"-Macro which you press yourself after every auto-shot is fired is possible. Havn't seen (read as: wasnt able to build) a spammable macro that doesnt clip autos.

Yet watching for your auto-shot and pressing 1 button after its fired still seems reasonable in terms of difficulty

Also I feel like there are certain classes/specs that are equally as easy and just consist of 1 button for their single target rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Those of you on the TBC beta, is Steady Shot macroable to the point of making Hunter the easiest DPS class or does the modern macro API prevent it?
    Warlock is still easier to play optimally though, as it doesnt even require pet management and is a similar 1 button class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Original macro is not workin anymore.

Blizzard changed how Auto Shot works inside castsequence macros. In original TBC castsequence always waited for an successful Auto Shot cast. So you could do a perfect 1:1 rotation with /castsequence Steady Shot, Auto Shot.

This is not possible currently on Beta because castsequence does not wait for an Auto Shot cast. Instead Auto Shot gets toggled on or off and the macro proceeds with another Steady Shot.

If you use the "!" modifier to prevent toggling off Auto Shot like /castsequence Steady Shot, !Auto Shot the macro will stop working completely after the first Steady Shot.

It is currently unknown whether this is intended or a bug.

I'm aware other classes are similarly easy as Hunter with the macro, but Hunter is only really #1 DPS because of it, so I'd be happy as long as it isn't able to be fully automated and the Hunters that do well are actually somewhat skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Warlock is still easier to play optimally though, as it doesnt even require pet management and is a similar 1 button class.
    Optimally, demonology is outperforming both fire and shadow destro until you start getting t6 gear, however is very punishing if failing to micro the pet, so the majority will probably play the 1 button spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm aware other classes are similarly easy as Hunter with the macro, but Hunter is only really #1 DPS because of it, so I'd be happy as long as it isn't able to be fully automated and the Hunters that do well are actually somewhat skilled.
    No. Your rotation will change based on weapon speed and Haste (more prevalent in ZA+).

You could go from 1:1 to 5:5:1:1 just by upgrading your bow/gun.

I’d suggest jumping into the Hunter Classic discord (Theorycraft Cave) - there’s some Jupyter Notebook (Python) sim tools and they’re actively working on the TBC APL for SimCraft.

He's not wrong, though. If youre pulling 2.5k+ with a simple 1:1 macro youre at a point where youre only competing other hunters and maybe rouges on stationary fights like brutallus.

i recall a bug with the interface option ""Auto Attack/Auto Shot" enabled/disabled which resulted in less/more auto shots, is this fixed?

There is no working macro currently maintaining a static rotation. Doenst have anything to do with interface settings. castsequence is either bugged or has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mettis View Post
    There is no working macro currently maintaining a static rotation. Doenst have anything to do with interface settings. castsequence is either bugged or has been changed.
    It has been changed soooo many times over the years. TBC was the first iteration of it if I remember correctly. We're probably on version 8 or something at this point.

The behavior of castsequence has never been changed since its introduction. What has been changed is the behavior of Auto Shot clipping. May have something todo with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    No. Your rotation will change based on weapon speed and Haste (more prevalent in ZA+).

You could go from 1:1 to 5:5:1:1 just by upgrading your bow/gun.

I’d suggest jumping into the Hunter Classic discord (Theorycraft Cave) - there’s some Jupyter Notebook (Python) sim tools and they’re actively working on the TBC APL for SimCraft.
    Do you have a link to the discord?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Do you have a link to the discord?
    Yep! Here: https://discord.com/invite/8TVHxRr

So we cant just mash the button as much as possible? we actually have to time things and let auto shot go off or something? this is really tedious and toxic gameplay, might as well just play a slam arms warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Cheers mate.

Maybe get a Razer Naga and use its macro system to transfer the steady/auto shot to that. Not positive it would work but if there is anyone with a Naga already maybe they could try it and let everyone know.