Can I rp a shaman how enslave evil elements and a spellcaster how use mogu flesh-shaping , domination magic , nightmare and sha magic for greater good ?
    Last edited by Invisibility; 2021-12-12 at 02:26 PM.

None of those are shaman/elemental magic.
    Domination magic seems to be necrotic, sha/nightmare are void based, and mogu flesh-shaping also seems somewhat spirit/death magic oriented.

But as the above poster noted, you do you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can just rp as a Dark Shaman.
    Blizzard hasn't exactly expanded much on them, but in short:

They are evil shamans that enslave elementals using Decay, which is a sort of sixth element counter to Spirit which regular shamans use.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility View Post
    Can I rp a shaman how enslave evil elements and a spellcaster how use mogu flesh-shaping , domination magic , nightmare and sha magic for greater good ?
    Right, I'll unpack these one by one.

Decay
    As noted, Dark Shaman can enslave elementals. Using Spirit, a regular Shaman can attune to the elements, communicate with them on a spiritual level, to guide and receive guidance. To balance and use power given. To heal and soothe. Decay is its opposite. A force of domination, corruption and unbalance. Pollution.

I can see the appeal or RPing a Shaman like a Warlock. Enslaving evil elementals. But keep in mind that these are dark forces you will be playing with. Like being a Warlock, it will take great mental fortitude. Not just to force your will on elemental minds, but also to resist the corruption, and hold true to a morality that does not lead you into conflict with the world. In addition, make sure what you're getting into. Dark Shamans are not people with a good reputation, especially after Garrosh. Other Shamans will likely be weary or even aggressive with you. Make sure you're cool with that, before taking up this role.

Mogu Flesh-Shaping
    While the Mogu used Titan power and knowledge to do what they do, keep in mind that they bent these primal tools to their will through dark means. Flesh shaping is "de darkest of voodoo". If you want to do this the Mogu way, it will likely require mastery of dark power, if you seek to use their power in the same way. It's theoretically possible, I suppose. Though I'll admit, I struggle a bit to find a good application for a RPer. In ways that don't give you massive power compared to other players, I mean.

Domination Magic
    Depends on what kind you mean. If you mean the type we are encountering in the Shadowlands, this seems to be a magic type originating from the First Ones, that was used by the Eternal Ones to imprison The Jailer. A magic that, over time, he took control over. It's still a very mysterious magic, and seems to be able to bind the dead, and the living. Beyond that, it's too mysterious to say much about. I'd recommend not delving into it until we learn more. Right now we don't even know if it's neutral or corruptive.

If you actually just mean mind control, there are several ways to accomplish this. Void magic being the most specialized, but fel, magic and even Light have ways to bend the mind. Some of these are more corruptive than others. The main issue is the moral one about enslaving sentient beings. This requires a very strong or empowered mind or tools. It will likely turn many players against you, if you do it more than a few seconds. And it's generally not something other roleplayers will go along with you doing for longer than that, without their permission. So yeah, be careful with that. Can if be used for the greater good? Yes, but not without definitely turning you into someone considered evil by many.

Nightmare
    If the Nightmare remains, it is definitely the tool of the Void. A very corruptive force, wielding it with specific intent. It's highly corruptive, twisting flesh, mind and even reality. I just don't see any way to safely use this stuff for the greater good. However you use it, is very likely to help spread the taint. I'd recommend against this one the most.

Sha
    The power of the Sha is something that few have managed to use successfully. It takes an iron will and mastery of all of your emotions. The Sha is a corruption that seeks to overwhelm you, and fill you with the negative emotions it feeds upon. And if it succeeds on any of them, it will consume you from within.

It can be done. Certain Mogu have used it. Garrosh made a decent attempt. But the risks are huge. This stuff is the essence of corruption. It seeks to spread, and feed, and mutate. Also, it's a big problem that no new Sha are forming currently. That problem's been dealt with. The only way to even find this power would be to delve deep into Pandaria's catacombs and be lucky enough to find Sha that were sealed away, that were not yet slain. So yeah. Not impossible, but really quite challenging.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2021-05-04 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility View Post
    Yes: Dark shaman use decay, that should be simple enough to twist a story about, but generally you'll just be a sort of warlock-in-shaman-skin; evil in appearance regardless of the good you do.

No: Mogu flesh-shaping is pretty much a complete no-no, you'd be almost always more evil than what you are trying to fight. Even death is better than what suffering that wreaks. Additionally there are few enough classes with abilities and appearances that really match this theme.

No: Domination magic is as of yet unclearly defined - it seems to either be a sort of death magic, or a sort of primal magic, neither of which are currently really available to any credible player character.

No: Nightmare magic is like the flesh shaping magic, but with added extra-terrible contagious corruption. To RP this credibly you'd be completely evil about an hour after you start using it; even demigods have fallen to it in a way barely healable.

Yes: The Sha are rare nowadays, but otherwise just a dire strain of void / twilight / old god magic. I mean you'll have to make a very convincing case, but it can be done.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You can roleplay whatever you want.

But other people can also roleplay however they want. Your actions will inform how a lot of other players will interact with you, and even barring that other people's preconceptions and biases and prejudices will sometimes cause them to act in ways you may not like. My advice would be, when roleplaying a type of character, try not take it too personally as a character is merely that - a character, or a mask. There are also people on the other sides of those other characters as well and all parties deserve some base level of decency at least initially.

Roleplay is a cooperative experience -- there are multiple writers at play in any given scenario. It's nice for people to be understanding and perhaps talk amicably about the type of experiences they'd like to foster or the kind of things they're going for. Ideally this goes on pre-game. But if you're in a more emergent and improv sort of roleplay you may find it harder to come to a mutual understanding right away. A lot of WoW RP is emergent an improv-based, especially the fast and loose stories of people who like to live in the moment, who prefer to method act, or act naturally.

It can take time for people to feel each other out, and especially when it comes to tropes it may not be immediately obvious what you're going for. Sometimes surprises can be fun - a villain who perhaps turns out not to be so evil can be a fun trick to pull, perhaps even goading the heroes to come along to your line of reasoning and thinking. If you're roleplaying something especially against the grain, do your research and find a willing group first and you will find more success (I mean I think that goes without saying).

In almost any roleplaying community you can find people willing to at least give something a shot, though, so don't be discouraged. If you find any of this daunting, you can keep in mind that you can also find others who are perhaps just as anxious if not more-so.

Taunkas are not dark shaman per say, but they do subdue the elements in order to survive the harsh climates of Northrend.

The end justify the means is an ok philosophy.