Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what exactly is there to test for a 13+ year old game that's not all ready been tested? serious question
    you not know the story of how 'classic' became a thing. why blizzard went after private servers, then hired the same people they sent cease and destroy letters to?

They 'lost' the code. They've rebuilt the game in the new game engine as well.

So. Serious question, where have you been under a rock?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what exactly is there to test for a 13+ year old game that's not all ready been tested? serious question
    huh? I think you quoted the wrong person there m8.

--------------------

I also realized, we have DMF out since two days ago or so? it has been pushed a week forward.
    Considering also that belfs/draenei never had time to level before the real TBC came out.. plus factoring the boost.. (if you give people time to level, there will be less purchases, regardless of boost limitations). It might be really coming out sooner.

But, would they not echo it, at least a month in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    you not know the story of how 'classic' became a thing. why blizzard went after private servers, then hired the same people they sent cease and destroy letters to?

So. Serious question, where have you been under a rock?
    yes i know how classic became a thing but i did know blizzard were that incompetent that they would lose the code for BC also

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    huh? I think you quoted the wrong person there m8.

--------------------

I also realized, we have DMF out since two days ago or so? it has been pushed a week forward.
    Considering also that belfs/draenei never had time to level before the real TBC came out.. plus factoring the boost.. (if you give people time to level, there will be less purchases, regardless of boost limitations). It might be really coming out sooner.

But, would they not echo it, at least a month in advance?
    possibly but my question still stands and yeh i agree the lack of notice is a bit odd on blizzards part but heck if blizz thinks its ready then it i guess its ready

why blizzard went after private servers, then hired the same people they sent cease and destroy letters to?
    As far as i know, Blizzard did not hire people from Nostalrius, they were invited for a meeting, but that's it.
    Yes and no.

They found 1.12 files on a backup of a backup, but they had the code, from there it was about teaching the modern servers to replicate 1.12 behavior.
    They did not rebuilt the game, they developed tools to make the modern client act like the old one.

Blizzard has backup for every patch from 1.12 to the current ones because they started to actually properly document and archive their code from then on - they even have the actual 1.12 running internally and used to verify authentic behavior in certain cases.

They made an entire panel of how they recreated Classic:

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Do we all get a free 58? Or i need to buy that datamined special edition posted here a few weeks ago?
    And boost to 58 doesn't apply to Draenei and Blood Elves, keep that in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    If this is the real release date and the prepatch would be 18th may as some speculate I'd be disappointed. 2 weeks for me personally is not going to be enough to level my draenei. I was hoping for a month of pre-patch with draenei & blood elves. Still excited though.
    Yeah, 2 weeks is not enough. I'd say at least 4 weeks, but on the other hand it's a novelty and nothing that happened during Vanilla, so... 2 weeks is better than nothing in the end.

We're getting the announcement later right before the conference call, I'm pretty sure on that. Pre patch this week seems out of nowhere, but would give us 4 weeks to level a Blood Elf & Draenei... would still mess up my entire schedule if I have to start tomorrow, lol.

June 1 sounds just too soon, May 18 pre patch, TBC launch June 15 / 22 would be the best imho.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-04 at 08:55 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    June seems too early. I mean if prepatch started RIGHT NOW, most people had no chance to reach lvl58 with their new draeneis/BEs until the release. There is no technical reason not to launch on june 1st, but there are marketing/other reasons to not launch so early imho.
    There is a very slim chance they see an early july 9.1 likely and want to release BC with at least 4-5 week gap compared to 9.1. Then they have a choice to delay BC for unreasonable amount of time into aug or later OR release it surprisingly quickly.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-05-04 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no way, probably place holder

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    June 1st sounds good to me. I couldn't care if its "not enough time" for People to level their Belves or Draenei. If it going for the TBC feel, then you didn't have those Races til release day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As far as i know, Blizzard did not hire people from Nostalrius, they were invited for a meeting, but that's it.

Yes and no.

They found 1.12 files on a backup of a backup, but they had the code, from there it was about teaching the modern servers to replicate 1.12 behavior.
    They did not rebuilt the game, they developed tools to make the modern client act like the old one.

Blizzard has backup for every patch from 1.12 to the current ones because they started to actually properly document and archive their code from then on - they even have the actual 1.12 running internally and used to verify authentic behavior in certain cases.

They made an entire panel of how they recreated Classic:
    The “blizzard losing the code” is a COPIUM mental defense people use as a way to explain away how there are differences between classic and their private servers.

“Oh no bros… this is just not right… KT is supposed to be the hardest fight… but Asmon and this ma/pa guild on my server managed to clear it at all. Whatever will be do classicbros? COPIUM blizzard must have changed something there is no way an elite player like me could have the same progression as casuals who play less than 20 hours/week.” - classic andy poster #231

This officially rules 9.1 out until July or august.

SL is going to be in really rough shape by then.

9.1 is going to have to be the best patch in WoW history or this expac is straight up doomed with this timetable

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    June seems too early. I mean if prepatch started RIGHT NOW, most people had no chance to reach lvl58 with their new draeneis/BEs until the release. There is no technical reason not to launch on june 1st, but there are marketing/other reasons to not launch so early imho.
    There is a very slim chance they see an early july 9.1 likely and want to release BC with at least 4-5 week gap compared to 9.1. Then they have a choice to delay BC for unreasonable amount of time into aug or later OR release it surprisingly quickly.
    You got it all wrong... They are rushing classic BC so they can delay 9.1 for months into fall without losing subs...

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This officially rules 9.1 out until July or august.

SL is going to be in really rough shape by then.

9.1 is going to have to be the best patch in WoW history or this expac is straight up doomed with this timetable
    It already looks to be like 7.2 and 8.2. Except no mage tower or rank 4 essences.

Also absolutely guarantee there is no way we get 9.3 in shadowlands. Like I would even be surprised if we got more than 3 arena seasons (they made assets for five, and like mop/bfa had 7 glad mounts but only used 4).

Real slim pickings and the hailmary is the 9.2 they have kept hush about, calling it their “new adventure”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard won't release this without advertissing few month before.

This was probably a test.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You got it all wrong... They are rushing classic BC so they can delay 9.1 for months into fall without losing subs...
    Not sure how I got it wrong when that was one of the possible scenarios I described right at the end "OR release it surprisingly quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    It already looks to be like 7.2 and 8.2. Except no mage tower or rank 4 essences.

Also absolutely guarantee there is no way we get 9.3 in shadowlands. Like I would even be surprised if we got more than 3 arena seasons (they made assets for five, and like mop/bfa had 7 glad mounts but only used 4).

Real slim pickings and the hailmary is the 9.2 they have kept hush about, calling it their “new adventure”.
    being compared to 7.2 or 8.2 isn't enough.

For all this time they've had to work on 9.1, it needs to be 7.2 8.2 and 5.3 patch size combined to breath life back into SL (ironic statement)

what i've seen of 9.1 isn't going to be enough. I honestly don't see 9.3 in shadowlands at all. if 9.1 isn't SIGNIFICANTLY beefed up, like 200-500% of content, it will bomb as the community has already begun to turn sour on it due to the wait, and lack of what looks like new content.

they will absolutely abandon 9.3 to work on 10.0 regardless of what they said if 9.1 isn't the best patch they've ever done, because then the writing will be on the wall for 9.2 and it'll be in shut down mode for 10.0 since 10.0 brings them the $ and 9.2 or 9.3 doesn't, quite frankly.

Dies it say 1st of June 2021?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    They pulled off the exact same "accidental leak" marketing trick regarding classic BC announcement before Blizzcon. Or they are indeed this very inept

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post

why not? they are not obligated to let people rolling new races catch up for TBC launch into outworlds. In fact, in TBC launch, you had to wait til launch to BE those races already setting you back.

also, they are giving away that free lvl 58 for a reason. take the hint.

There isnt any free level 58. Only an optional paid boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    There isnt any free level 58. Only an optional paid boost.
    If you want a day 1 blood elf or draenai bad enough with your friends, you’ll pay. It is legit about the only way they are making cash in classic tbc and you better believe they’ll milk that opening rush dry

I get it, but we didn’t have this luxury at original tbc launch so why would we in round 2? Some people don’t even think the boost should exist period