Why is this happening to me? Impossible to play wow normally....

Ok, first of all, I'm an old player, I'm playing since 2004 and I have done pretty much everything on this game until now, from high-end pvp (gladiator) to high-end pve (algalon/LK, mythic raiding, +22 keystones) and some multiboxing too.

I have never felt this before but I find it impossible to play with keyboard/mouse now especially pve. Spamming one button drives me crazy to the point where I can no longer stay in my chair and my hand hurts. It feels like some kind of gym exercise and it's a terrible gaming experience. I have played other games too but it's not nearly as bad. Eg. on destiny 2, you never have to spam something and your fingers can rest every now and then. On WoW it feels as if the mobs/bosses have an incredible amount of health and you have to spam, spam, spam, it feels like punching a wall, it ruins your psychology. Since the beginning of shadowlands I'm playing with a controller and the gaming experience is by far better with it, occasionally I switch to keyboard and the same thing happens again. I gotta admit wow is one of the best games when using a controller due to the incredible support. Even though the problem exists on controllers as well, it's not nearly as bad.

I have been using one button gse macros since legion but I don't recall such experience before. Is this spam one button playstyle outdated? I think it's too tedious. It barely feels like a game anymore...Do MMORPG need a rework in order to make the gameplay more meaningful?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2021-05-04 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Ok, first of all, I'm an old player, I'm playing since 2004 and I have done pretty much everything on this game until now, from high-end pvp (gladiator) to high-end pve (algalon/LK, mythic raiding, +22 keystones) and some multiboxing too.

I have never felt this before but I find it impossible to play with keyboard/mouse now. Spamming one button drives me crazy to the point where I can no longer stay in my chair and my hand hurts. It feels like some kind of gym exercise and it's a terrible gaming experience. I have played other games too but it's not nearly as bad. Eg. on destiny 2, you never have to spam something and your fingers can rest every now and then. On WoW it feels as if the mobs/bosses have an incredible amount of health and you have to spam, spam, spam, it feels like punching a wall, it ruins your psychology. Since the beginning of shadowlands I'm playing with a controller and the gaming experience is by far better with it, occasionally I switch to keyboard and the same thing happens again. I gotta admit wow is one of the best games when using a controller due to the incredible support. Even though the problem exists on controllers as well, it's not nearly as bad.

I have been using one button gse macros since legion but I don't recall such experience before. Is this spam one button playstyle outdated? I think it's too tedious. It barely feels like a game anymore...Do MMORPG need a rework to make the gameplay more meaningful?
    Eh, sounds like a "you" problem than the actual game.

I mean, there is a queue system for this very reason, remember? To have no need to spam buttons, and it will cast when GCD is done either way?

Or you could play a different class than DH or BM hunter.

On a more serious note, your wrists are just probably being affected from the long term abuse of gaming, i am starting to have similar effects in the last 2 years at my 30s, but wrist rest/new angle on chair, fixes most of these problems, and obviously taking a 5 minute break instead of 6 hours straight gaming.

I had a very painful right hand for 6 months with the combination of switching mouse + chair at the same timetable, fucked up my wirst majorly which took easy 6 months to heal/get used to, not that i stopped gaming for it to heal faster so ehhh.

It does also sound like you are nearing carpal tunnel :> so, take a break.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-05-04 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I have never felt this before but I find it impossible to play with keyboard/mouse now. Spamming one button drives me crazy to the point where I can no longer stay in my chair and my hand hurts. It feels like some kind of gym exercise and it's a terrible gaming experience. I have played other games too but it's not nearly as bad. Eg. on destiny 2, you never have to spam something and your fingers can rest every now and then. On WoW it feels as if the mobs/bosses have an incredible amount of health and you have to spam, spam, spam, it feels like punching a wall, it ruins your psychology. Since the beginning of shadowlands I'm playing with a controller and the gaming experience is by far better with it, occasionally I switch to keyboard and the same thing happens again. I gotta admit wow is one of the best games when using a controller due to the incredible support. Even though the problem exists on controllers as well, it's not nearly as bad.

I have been using one button gse macros since legion but I don't recall such experience before. Is this spam one button playstyle outdated? I think it's too tedious. It barely feels like a game anymore...
    Yeah WoW is incredidbly spammy.

I recommend getting an MMO mouse with a bunch of thumb buttons. I have it set up so my entire rotation is mousebound. Aside from modifier keys, all I use my keyboard for in combat is movement keys. The mousebinds are much easier on the hand.

You could also try playing caster classes, or play classic. Much less spam involved.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Play a less spammy class my friend. They exist.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I have never felt this before but I find it impossible to play with keyboard/mouse now especially pve. Spamming one button drives me crazy to the point where I can no longer stay in my chair and my hand hurts. It feels like some kind of gym exercise and it's a terrible gaming experience. I have played other games too but it's not nearly as bad. Eg. on destiny 2, you never have to spam something and your fingers can rest every now and then. On WoW it feels as if the mobs/bosses have an incredible amount of health and you have to spam, spam, spam, it feels like punching a wall, it ruins your psychology. Since the beginning of shadowlands I'm playing with a controller and the gaming experience is by far better with it, occasionally I switch to keyboard and the same thing happens again. I gotta admit wow is one of the best games when using a controller due to the incredible support. Even though the problem exists on controllers as well, it's not nearly as bad.

I have been using one button gse macros since legion but I don't recall such experience before. Is this spam one button playstyle outdated? I think it's too tedious. It barely feels like a game anymore...Do MMORPG need a rework in order to make the gameplay more meaningful?
    If you really would be old player, you would know, that there were times, when game was spammy and Blizzard tried to slow it down. In Cata after WotLK for example. So, this situation isn't new. And if you can't handle it now, then something is wrong with yourself, not game. I personally prefer "smooth" gameplay, when I always have button to push on each GCD. Slower game feels clunky.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If you really would be old player, you would know, that there were times, when game was spammy and Blizzard tried to slow it down. In Cata after WotLK for example. So, this situation isn't new. And if you can't handle it now, then something is wrong with yourself, not game. I personally prefer "smooth" gameplay, when I always have button to push on each GCD. Slower game feels clunky.
    I played a warlock in Wotlk and a Priest on legion, I didn't pve much on the other expansions, I'd say this situation started with bfa for me. Maybe it's a class problem. It seems one button macros have their drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use one button spam macros then?

Reminds me of TBC warlock, sure Shadowbolt spam did some serious damage, but I highly doubt I'd survive more than one expansion doing just that.

Try

/console spellqueuewindow 200

See if that changes how things feel.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Cant tell if you are trolling or you are telling the truth. If it is the latter you need to seek medical attention as this could be something more. Do you live a sedentary lifestyle? If so you are prone to muscle atrophy and fatigue, if u spend a lot of time on the computer, yeh eventually u will get inflammation that will cause that discomfort in ur finger, and later u can develop carpal tunnel.

Take some time away and focus on you. I am in my mid 30s now, been playing since beta of Vanilla and I dont have this problem, its not the game, it is due to ur life choices im afraid.

You all are missing the point. This has nothing to do with spell queue nor the games mechanics.

Aizen244 literally says what they are doing. They are using Gnome Sequence Enhanced to set up a bunch of macros on a SINGLE button in an effort to be lazy. They are LITERALLY is spamming ONE button to do the skill rotations and what not.

Like another has said, 100% a self created problem due to trying to be lazy. And, if people are too dumb to realize that when you set up a macro sequence, it basically runs on a timer and in sequence, and spamming your key does nothing since you set it up to run in sequence, well....you can't do anything about that.
    Last edited by Skalm; 2021-05-04 at 03:20 PM.

I agree, but would go one step further: the very existence of a rotation is an atrocity., and plenty of spells, especially of the sort that "just" do X damage should not exist, as despite appealing to numberhorny types they do not really do much from a gameplay perspective; they ought to review the reason of existence for most abilities in the game that way.

I remember when from vanilla to tbc we went from having a lot of unreactive, uninteresting gameplay design (i.e. single spell spam, "on next attack" spells, auto attack classes, etc ) to reactive gameplay and it was a great improvement at the time, but somehow over time that has been twisted in just making tye repetitive parts manual, in a twist that is somehow worse than classic as classic at least kept the repetitive bits super simple or even automated; a "rotation" has just become a manual version of auto attacking, and a boring rsi-causing one at that.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-05-04 at 03:23 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I do get tired after playing my rogue for a few hours. I spam Sinister Strike a lot though - i did change my spell queue to 150 to help with the WEIRD delay though. Always felt like it was a button behind.

Curious what class and spec you would be playing at any kind of reasonable level by spamming a single macro. Unless that macro fires cheat software that does a rotation you are going to be pretty terrible. Macros are extremely limited. Certainly none of the specs I play could be done with a single macro.

As far as your hand hurting, you are likely to have two problems:

#1) Your physical setup sucks. Change it to relieve the pressure you are experiencing. You're getting old, you need to take better care of your body.

#2) Stop spamming button presses. Your normal actions can only fire as fast as the GCD allows, and WoW isn't that fast paced. Even the highest APM specs require a moderate amount of keypresses for a normal human being. Adding a visual GCD indicator may help you to cut down on entirely superfluous presses.

Spamming one button drives me crazy to the point where I can no longer stay in my chair and my hand hurts.
    So why are you spamming one button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The most obvious answer here has been previously mentioned above: stop using 1-button macros. Perhaps divide it into 2 buttons, or even 3? I would think a 1-button macro would always make gameplay feel tedious and less rewarding, regardless of frequency of button presses.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

all that stuff comes from not taking a break. there is no solution to fatigue other than taking a rest. also pls dont even think about taking any medicine or whatever to combat that.

Try this OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lH...levelandClinic and take care of yourself. Do push ups and pull ups.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO