Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatslapper View Post
    Wrath had probably 5 times the amount of players than SL has. I still don't see it. I think you are thinking like a raid logger too, which Wrath had a good bit of, but a lot of the players were casual world content runners, crafters and altoholics in Wrath.

5 times the players at peak maybe(kinda a strech but sure)..but by their own statistics not the same activity,are you actualy implying they are lying?

What the fuck Overwatch League is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    What non chore stuff was there in Wrath? Keeping up professions is a chore. Dailies were a chore. Earning PvP points/currencies was a chore. Running your dungeons for valor was a chore. Farming gear to raid was a chore. Raiding weekly was chore.

Everything by design is a chore to keep you busy long enough to stay subbed for months on end.
    In wrath i didnt play alts much,my main was done pretty quickly,pve and pvp wise,these days you are in a constant forced chore mode,back then you were actualy done fairly quickly if you were decent

by done i mean complete character

Still would love to see the subs. I remember the golden days where this was the one metric that showed the game in a great state, without the cash shop and all these other services keeping the game afloat financially. Everywhere I go in game except occasionally Oribos is completely dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    5 times the players at peak maybe(kinda a strech but sure)..but by their own statistics not the same activity,are you actualy implying they are lying?
    Probably changed their methodology/metrics since so they can dismiss old stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    2000 want hire to work in Activision? Who the fuck is dumb enough to do it? xD
    Uhmm... people who want to develop video games?

Putting ATVI on your resume is actually a pretty solid bullet point as they are one of the biggest companies in the industry.

"Early in the pandemic, Bobby shared his personal phone number with all Blizzard employees in case they needed anything"

There is no fucking way that actually happened. Just confirms what I already believed, that these "quarterly reports" is just the company spinning bad news as positively as possible and cherry picking numbers that make them look good.

Perfect example: 7% increased revenue with no mention of profit. The company is in shambles right now but they just want you to look at the 7% revenue increase as an indicator that everything is peachy!

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "Early in the pandemic, Bobby shared his personal phone number with all Blizzard employees in case they needed anything"

There is no fucking way that actually happened. Just confirms what I already believed, that these "quarterly reports" is just the company spinning bad news as positively as possible and cherry picking numbers that make them look good.

Perfect example: 7% increased revenue with no mention of profit. The company is in shambles right now but they just want you to look at the 7% revenue increase as an indicator that everything is peachy!
    It's an investor call. Revenue increase IS the most important thing to their investors, and as far as they are concerned if revenue is up and projected to stay high or rise further, everything is peachy. Also, IIRC the phone number thing was confirmed by Blizzard employees back when it actually happened.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2021-05-04 at 09:58 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Probably changed their methodology/metrics since so they can dismiss old stats.
    well its only been growing over the years,i guess they change em every few months of expansion....just a sec my tinfoil hat just fell off

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Still would love to see the subs. I remember the golden days where this was the one metric that showed the game in a great state, without the cash shop and all these other services keeping the game afloat financially. Everywhere I go in game except occasionally Oribos is completely dead.
    Every expansion has always been like this lol. Outside world dead, cities booming.

As it has often been. Its especially normal to not see out in the world this xpac, cause shadowlands world content is for the most part obsolete and all optional. Unless you collect mounts, pets and/or anima for cosmetics, you dont need to be out in the world. People do m+, bgs, arena, raid. Instanced content, cause thats where rewards are.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Are you really surprised that Shadowlands is hugely successful on game sales alone (ignore player retention or concurrent users)? Especially with everyone quarantined at launch, starving for entertainment at the time?

Keep in mind they sold 3,7M copies at launch day.
    A lot of people probably buy into the pre-expansion hype and impulse buy it, only to play sporadically across the expansion.

More developers is what we truly need in the absence of support staff to resolute existing issues like blatant botting in WoW, +7 days ticket queues and zero live chat / phone support.

Bobby shared his number in case anyone needed anthing.

Yeah how about you split that 200 million bonus amongst your employees who actually did the work, you squalid fucking slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I'm wondering how each new WoW expansion somehow does so much better than the last. Like, from every metric available to player it seems to be on a steady decline, even ignoring all the vitriole behind the community, it genuinly doesn't appear to be growing (though no falling as fast as people say).

Like are they using some weird metric?
    Maybe not believe everything you read from people with negative intentions on wow forums and the like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

Yeah how about you split that 200 million bonus amongst your employees who actually did the work, you squalid fucking slug.
    If you can do a better job than him. Why don't you apply for his position and be the moral light house for everyone to see. Oh let me guess. You don't want to sink to that low level for position like that?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

He's not getting the bonus, he turned it down along with taking 50% pay cut to salary and yearly bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He's not getting the bonus, he turned it down along with taking 50% pay cut to salary and yearly bonuses.
    He didn't turn anything down,and he didn't "take" anything.

The shareholders forced him to do these things,as they were already quite upset with how overpaid he was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What the fuck Overwatch League is still going?
    Doesn't Blizzard have some sort of streaming rights contract with Youtube or Twitch? I'm pretty sure as dead as the audience for it is they have something contractual that requires them to keep it alive for several more years.

Also I'm surprised they signed a deal with Bilibili, I only hear terrible things about that community. Plus it doesn't help they've currently got controversy from some chinese teams threatening to throw their games over a Korean player because they don't like him.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed their stats to be in line with their competition and so Activision / Blizzard would report out on a consistent platform for engagement and financials. That was, I'm sure largely driven by their acquisition of King (Candy Crush).

No one in the investment community gives one flying fuck about WoW's subscriptions. The stock is for the entire company, not just Blizzard, not just WoW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Meh, if SL continues to perform well, I suppose one can expect the next expansion to follow its design and ideas.

Bad mojo for this fan of the game. Not that I'm surprised, not a single friend of mine that plays has anything bad to say about SL. It's usually the other way around, they burnout a month into the expansion whilst I play throughout. Oh well...