Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Less players but higher result, means record high microtransactions.

More store mounts, pets, gear, tokens inc.

So from this information its obvious that Activision are now strongly going to go down the path of creating mobile games using their existing IP thats where there main focus will be and probably where the bulk of these 2000 new developers are going to end up. They can see that there is a slow decline in blizzards products which on the whole are not mobile and growth in call of duty driven by the new mobile products, also king has much greater profit margins than blizzard. the negative impact on this for anyone hoping for a WOW 2 thats likely not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What are you even on about? You're not even making sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, that's fair, but same goes for every expansion, i guess?
    It was postulated that you cannot say that SL sold 3.7M in day one because if preorders. So Valorant, which has sold millions through early access(EA) should only report its actual day one sales and it include all of the preorder and EA sales. Which would show it didn't sell many on day 1. Or CP2077. I'm sure if you take out all the preorders, it didn't sell the huge day 1 numbers it claimed.

Just looking holes at the irrational anti-Blizzard talk when ever these things pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myr010 View Post
    So from this information its obvious that Activision are now strongly going to go down the path of creating mobile games using their existing IP thats where there main focus will be and probably where the bulk of these 2000 new developers are going to end up. They can see that there is a slow decline in blizzards products which on the whole are not mobile and growth in call of duty driven by the new mobile products, also king has much greater profit margins than blizzard. the negative impact on this for anyone hoping for a WOW 2 thats likely not going to happen.
    Considering how mind bogglingly big the mobile market is it makes perfect sense for a big company like Activision-Blizzard to want to tap more into it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    In wrath i didnt play alts much,my main was done pretty quickly,pve and pvp wise,these days you are in a constant forced chore mode,back then you were actualy done fairly quickly if you were decent

by done i mean complete character
    With catch up mechanics these days I have never felt the need to do anything I didn't want to and only logged in a few days a week. Before they were around, I felt I had to do everything. It felt more like a chore starting with TBC and less like a chore with MoP onward.

What's interesting, Blizzard is having less MAUs during Shadowlands' first months than it had during BfA's last.

Just compare Q1/20 (release of 8.3) and Q1/21 (+1 month after Shadowlands' launch) and MAUs dropped significantly.

Q1/19: 32m MAUs
    Q1/20: 32m MAUs
    Q1/21: 27m MAUs

That's a drop of 15% although Shadowlands is just 1-4 months old, whereas BfA was 5-7 months old in Q/19 and 17-19 months old in Q1/20. So Blizzard is losing players overall, but their microtransactions rise - this is not a good development for the future of the studio and us as players.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yes it is and no amount of personally charged denial will alter that. The moment you insert in real money to obtain benefit for gameplay it turns into P2W.
    I'm assuming you mean P2W because you can buy gold to buy stuff in the AH. If that is the case, don't you find it a bit odd that the winning you are paying for comes months after the game was won? I mean you have that have items in the AH, provided by people already doing the winning to be able to buy said item to then go ahead and win.

It literally makes no sense. If Blizzard added too end raid gear to the store sure. But mental gymnastics are needed to believe that it's actually P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    "Early in the pandemic, Bobby shared his personal phone number with all Blizzard employees in case they needed anything"

This is actually funny, Don't you think guys?
    I actually find it admirable! I heard so many bad stories about Bobby Kotick but look at how he cares for his employees. I really had an wrong idea about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    I actually find it admirable! I heard so many bad stories about Bobby Kotick but look at how he cares for his employees. I really had an wrong idea about him.
    Nice PR, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nice PR, nothing else.
    Dry sarcasm, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering how mind bogglingly big the mobile market is it makes perfect sense for a big company like Activision-Blizzard to want to tap more into it.
    Yeah their main aim is probably to capture the Asian mobile market, there is a lot of money to be made there

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You believe it? xD Even EA is not that bad as Activision, so is beyond me why go to Activision.
    People in the industry probably go off different criteria than what makes children cry on social media.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know, the numbers are SUPERB. It's not like they would ever admit failure to their shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    If you believe "Shadowlands continued to drive strong results" PR speech you're exactly the intended nu-WoW audience.
    No-one involved in the production of that report cares what random internet people on forums think, it's for investors and if it turned out they were lying to impress people with edgy spelling they'd lose trust and struggle to attract nu investors.

3+ Year Old Account
    What's interesting, Blizzard is having less MAUs during Shadowlands' first months than it had during BfA's last.

Just compare Q1/20 (release of 8.3) and Q1/21 (+1 month after Shadowlands' launch) and MAUs dropped significantly.

That's a drop of 15% although Shadowlands is just 1-4 months old, whereas BfA was 5-7 months old in Q/19 and 17-19 months old in Q1/20. So Blizzard is losing players overall, but their microtransactions rise - this is not a good development for the future of the studio and us as players.
    Well they won't stop it if this brings them more money, unfortunately. People don't change how they do things, unless it really doesn't work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    If you believe "Shadowlands continued to drive strong results" PR speech you're exactly the intended nu-WoW audience.
    Its not PR speak but legally binding report for shareholders; intentional misinformation would lead to serious legal ramifications.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    No-one involved in the production of that report cares what random internet people on forums think, it's for investors and if it turned out they were lying to impress people with edgy spelling they'd lose trust and struggle to attract nu investors.
    They're not lying, they're sugarcoating.

Just took a look at the numbers and summaries. Everything looking good. Surely the "community " of mmoc won't have anything to complain about. Open this thread...oh.

Lol you guys are too much. "They're lying!" "They're twisting the numbers!!!" (As you twist the numbers) lmao

Considering the MAU for wow only makes up like a tenth or their total, at best, I don't think it should be read too much into.

But yeah, I agree with the general statement. Not really news though, with a company like this it was only ever a matter of time and severity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Meanwhile, I'll play games I actually enjoy. Everyone's happy.
    Words to live by.