Thread: I miss glyphs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except there were some fun ones, like "sprint allows you to water walk" for rogue that didn't matter in PvE.
    Still occasionally hit sprint over a body of water, and expect it to work tbh

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I dislike glyphs because they allow the game-makers to do and offer less, an[...] see I'm on to something big.
    we are talking about glyphs that there used to be
    glyphs were sth like conduits/legendary effects(in terms of customization) similar to set bonuses/lvl perks/talent tree or tier perks/even coloured sockets
    it was all deleted and its now presented as a new super system that u have to grind to unlock for weeks or months

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    How many and what ones? I know full clearing mythic I change them once...
    Conflux of elements and Unstoppable growth depending on what i am doing. ALso paths for certain bosses where the shield is useless.
    That is way more than Glyphs^^

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    2,880
    I think Glyphs would have worked better if the effects were like the Endurance and Finesse conduits. For the most part, those are purely based on player preference. Potency is just based off of whatever does the most damage.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

  5. #45
    Glyphs and conduits are more or less the same shit. Except one you buy from teh ah and the other you farm the fuck out of.
    Essences were much better. You had to work for them, and they were guaranteed.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Conflux of elements and Unstoppable growth depending on what i am doing. ALso paths for certain bosses where the shield is useless.
    That is way more than Glyphs^^
    Its significantly less for most classes though I can't imagine when a druid would ever swap conflux tbh.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Huelva (Spain)
    Posts
    404
    And who doesn't? Fortunately they are coming back in Classic WotLK.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Its significantly less for most classes though I can't imagine when a druid would ever swap conflux tbh.
    When i am using my convoke for damage. Mostly dungeons. And Inerva for example. Not that much healing needed so i do damage half the time.

  9. #49
    I miss when the devs gave a crap about the game.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    What is the difference between that and conduits barring six weeks of grinding the maw to cap them?
    So you say conduit is a bad system and want to add another that is even worse? Nice logic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    That's a silly argument - considering how most of WoW is already like that. They might as well get rid of Gems, Enchanting, Class Crafted Gear, the Talent System, etc. etc.

    It is Blizzard's job as the developers to make the system not do that. And the later iteration of Glyphs were less "go to google and auto-set and you're done" the later iterations were less like that.

    Either way, there are a lot of things they could have done with glyphs to make them not specifically needed for throughput.
    Yes, one bad system means we should bring one another one that was just as bad....????

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So you say conduit is a bad system and want to add another that is even worse? Nice logic

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, one bad system means we should bring one another one that was just as bad....????
    I want the system sorted and not turned into a weird time gate. I long for the simplicity of things just being done and not turned into a convoluted rep grind system.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah they were so cool!

    1. Hit max level.
    2. Google "best glyphs fire mage pve"
    3. Go to AH, buy whatever Google search told you to buy.
    4. Insert your glyphs in slots
    5. Forget system exists until you want to switch spec or go PvP.


    WOW so much fun! Blizz bring back this super engaging system please!!!!!
    Much better than Azerite:
    1. Farming azerite to increase necklace level
    2. Farming specific azerite trait gear
    3. Spending gold to reset azerite gear
    4. Losing trait when you change gear.

    or soulbinds/conduit:
    1. Leveling renown level to unlock soulbinds/conduits
    2. leveling conduit ranks
    3. conduit energy for switch conduits
    4. Losing everything when change covenant.

    They are the same borrowed power system that achieves exactly the same goal, except glyphs don't need farming.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Airickson View Post
    What's the point of enchanting and gems then, right?
    Both are linked to specific items and require continual effort to keep. The glyphs you would get once and potentially never touch ever again.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Can we have them back?

    They added variety to spell were reasonably well balanced and added something for crafters to do. When you hit level cap you just bought the ones you needed and boom your done.

    Why can't we just have glyphs instead of conduits and ap?
    We have them, they reworked the talent system into glyphs and divided pve glyphs and pvp glyphs.
    The pvp talent system IS the old glyph system, it even looks like it, you just dont need to buy them.

  15. #55
    The aesthetic minor glyphs were pretty cool.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah they were so cool!

    1. Hit max level.
    2. Google "best glyphs fire mage pve"
    3. Go to AH, buy whatever Google search told you to buy.
    4. Insert your glyphs in slots
    5. Forget system exists until you want to switch spec or go PvP.


    WOW so much fun! Blizz bring back this super engaging system please!!!!!
    Covenants are so cool

    1. Hit max level.
    2. Google "best covenant fire mage pve"
    3. Go to oribos, select covenant you wish to join.
    4. ???
    5. Forget system exists and spend your time doing laps of oribos.

    WOW so much fun! Blizz give us more of these super engaging systems please!!!!!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Covenants are so cool

    1. Hit max level.
    2. Google "best covenant fire mage pve"
    3. Go to oribos, select covenant you wish to join.
    4. ???
    5. Forget system exists and spend your time doing laps of oribos.

    WOW so much fun! Blizz give us more of these super engaging systems please!!!!!
    They have the added bonus of pissing off high end players as well when covenants for pve and pvp dont match up.

  18. #58
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,961
    Blizzard died when they removed the trails of fire from the Dreadsteed while running on water. No idea why they removed it beside it being fun and cool.

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Igloo
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard died when they removed the trails of fire from the Dreadsteed while running on water. No idea why they removed it beside it being fun and cool.
    To unrealistic and we don't want silly things in this game! Now please ignore the PJ's and fish maces.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

  20. #60
    Glyphs still exist though. Just not the UI for them nor do they affect output. Honestly, they were always weak. I don't understand what you miss about them.
    Just cause you made gold off them? Get something else to make gold from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •