Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I had no problem with Sylvanas before Legion. In fact before Legion she barely had any screentime, so that's probably why:

- Classic: No screentime.
    - TBC: No screentime aside from the Sister's Necklace questline and I believe a cameo in the Blood Knight Paladin questline.
    - WotLK: She had a lot of screentime but that is to be expected since the expansion revolved around Arthas.
    - Cataclysm: She had a lot of screentime like most other leaders frankly.
    - MOP: No screentime aside from a cameo in SoO.
    - WoD: Literally no screentime.

And then we come to Legion, where she makes her debut appearance in a CGI cinematic and becomes Warchief out of nowhere. Since then she has been the absolute driving force of the story, so Yes, people are indeed tired of constantly hearing about her. It's time to move on already.
    I agree that it is time to move on. But, i don't know if i'd like to get rid of her. She's an iconic character. I wish she would have just kept leading the Forsaken.

And yes, i agree that seeing her in the Legion cinematic, alongside Varian, gave me massive anime vibes, which i don't like so much in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I agree that it is time to move on. But, i don't know if i'd like to get rid of her. She's an iconic character. I wish she would have just kept leading the Forsaken.

And yes, i agree that seeing her in the Legion cinematic, alongside Varian, gave me massive anime vibes, which i don't like so much in WoW.
    She'll never come back to the Forsaken that's for sure. Even if she redeems herself the Forsaken will never forgive her for abandoning them. She is left with no one and has abandoned everyone who cared about her.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

She'll never come back to the Forsaken that's for sure. Even if she redeems herself the Forsaken will never forgive her for abandoning them. She is left with no one and has abandoned everyone who cared about her.
    Well, the cover of her book (with vereesa crying) might indicate otherwise.

Well, the cover of her book (with vereesa crying) might indicate otherwise.
    Her torn banner in the Argent Tournament indicates otherwise.

Either Voss or Calia are the future of the Forsaken. Probably both actually.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Her soul split so she has no idea about right or wrong! But she could still sing lament of the highborne.... yeah blizzard...yeah....
    As we saw with Nathanos ( whose soul was not cut in two ) his human emotions are buried REALLY deep inside of him. It took the murder of his own flesh and blood, a boy he raised and took care of, for him to feel regret.

Sylvanas' soul is even more fucked than that. It's no wonder she's a monster

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't already confirmed she will not be dying in 9.1 because there is nothing about in the achievement/tittle?

Her torn banner in the Argent Tournament indicates otherwise.

Either Voss or Calia are the future of the Forsaken. Probably both actually.
    Huh? how is the Argent Tournament relevant?
    And i didn't mean she would lead them again. But, maybe rejoin her sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough..I guess she is the only one that was in 3 expansion trailers. Never mind that they kept rubbing Thrall into our face DURING x-pacs...to the point that he was Green Jesus.

etc
    Well, he was the OG Warchief. The only annoying thing is they made him more shamanistic than Warrior.

Huh? how is the Argent Tournament relevant?
    And i didn't mean she would lead them again. But, maybe rejoin her sisters.

Well, he was the OG Warchief. The only annoying thing is they made him more shamanistic than Warrior.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/argent-...e-patch-317869

The implications of this act are clear, it is self-explanatory.

Why would Alleria or Vereesa forgive Sylvanas after everything she has done? Alleria was willing to form a truce with her but that was only to deal with N'Zoth, who is now defeated.

Sylvanas might be her sister, but what she is doing cannot be excused, she seeks to tear down the very fabric of the cosmos, and no amount of family connections can excuse her for that.

As an old school Forsaken fan, and with all the fondness I have for Sylvanas' character - god if they just would kill her already, so that we can go on.

At least Varian died a decent death and cannot be ruined anymore.

Sylvanas's soul is going to get split. The Banshee Queen dies but the High Elf version gets sent to where she deserves like Uther.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sylvanas's soul is going to get split. The Banshee Queen dies but the High Elf version gets sent to where she deserves like Uther.
    and a Goodman bullshit story, just like what we expected, redeemed her and getting away with her evil acts, but its ok because "soul split" and because it happened before with uther.

Its basically their tentative of praising people who hate her and like her By danouser, they redeemed her like he always wanted, but if people complain about her genocide it is ok because "the vil part" will die. They must be thinking they are the next Tolkien because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    As we saw with Nathanos ( whose soul was not cut in two ) his human emotions are buried REALLY deep inside of him. It took the murder of his own flesh and blood, a boy he raised and took care of, for him to feel regret.

Sylvanas' soul is even more fucked than that. It's no wonder she's a monster
    You do realize that Sylvanas used her Valkyr who worked for the Jailer to raise the dead. You think they raised those dead without messing with the soul? Sylvanas' soul is more untouched than any of the undead her Valkyr raised. She had full conscience and full control over her action. Don't try to whitewash with buillshit.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Sylvanas might be her sister, but what she is doing cannot be excused, she seeks to tear down the very fabric of the cosmos, and no amount of family connections can excuse her for that.
    We forgive the Horde about every other expansion, so...

We forgave Wrathion for WoD.
    Apparently, the aspects forgave Garrosh.
    We forgave Illidan, who turned out to be misunderstood.
    We forgave Grom for all the heinous crimes he did, because he joined us in his low point.
    Velen seems to have forgiven Kil'jaeden.
    We quickly forgave Saurfang for participating in the war under Sylvanas.
    We forgave the Horde for pretty much abandoning the Broken Shore.
    And, we were willing to set aside our differences to work against the threat of the Jailer.

Now, i'm not saying she will be welcomed. But, maybe her alive elven form will.

So what happens now? Currently there are 4 option.

1)Blizzard lies and she dies completely by the might of the raiders just like every other raid boss and we loot her corpse.
    2)She dies and we destroy the Bad Part of her Soul, we loot the corpse and the good part is in the Shadowlands somewhere where we will need to find to take it to the body.
    3)The Jailer succeeds in his plan and intervenes escaping with her for the next phase of the plan before the raiders kill her.
    4)And worst scenario she uses a power never used before created on the fly out of Danusers butt, incapacitates the raiders, says a monologue saying that we cannot stop the end and escapes.

So which one will it be?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post

1)Blizzard lies and she dies completely by the might of the raiders just like every other raid boss and we loot her corpse.
    2)She dies and we destroy the Bad Part of her Soul, we loot the corpse and the good part is in the Shadowlands somewhere where we will need to find to take it to the body.
    3)The Jailer succeeds in his plan and intervenes escaping with her for the next phase of the plan before the raiders kill her.
    4)And worst scenario she uses a power never used before created on the fly out of Danusers butt, incapacitates the raiders, says a monologue saying that we cannot stop the end and escapes.

So which one will it be?
    4) looks like the likeliest scenario. Bonus points if Anduin manages to pull a deus ex machina and redeem her at the end of the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post

So which one will it be?
    4 option is the best. If Jaina can do it, then Sylvanas can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    If she's dead, nothing comes next. Did Ion just spoil the fight?
    i mean, this expansion is literaly happening in place where souls go AFTER DEATH...

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that Sylvanas used her Valkyr who worked for the Jailer to raise the dead. You think they raised those dead without messing with the soul? Sylvanas' soul is more untouched than any of the undead her Valkyr raised. She had full conscience and full control over her action. Don't try to whitewash with buillshit.
    so undead risen by valkyr under Sylvanas had their souls "messed with", but undead risen by the same valkyr under Lich King have not?
    im not trying to excuse her, but it seems like you actualy make up (as we have no clue if the souls were "messed up" with) arguments that can be used AGAINST your point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so undead risen by valkyr under Sylvanas had their souls "messed with", but undead risen by the same valkyr under Lich King have not?
    im not trying to excuse her, but it seems like you actualy make up (as we have no clue if the souls were "messed up" with) arguments that can be used AGAINST your point...
    She had full conscience and she was raised by Arthas using Frostmourne, not those Valkyr. The 2nd time, she exchanged place with one of the Valkyr and even after that, she had full conscience. It is completely different than her minions who can't go one minute without thinking "Glory to the dark lady". Everything she did, she did with full conscience. If you truly want to believe that her "good self" was taken away by the Jailer, then I ask: Why did she feel so disgusted by the thought of turning her own two nephews into undead and pushed away her sister when she offered to become a Forsaken?

There is no point arguing over this, the writing of blizzard is so shitty that they contradict one line with the next line. This is pretty much pointless.

And then there are idiotic fapboys! After reading all the lore and playing through the game, they still question whether or not Sylvanas messed with the souls with her Valkyr...
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

And then there are idiotic fapboys! After reading all the lore and playing through the game, they still question whether or not Sylvanas messed with the souls with her Valkyr...
    can you link any actual lore that says Sylvanas is "messing" with those souls? or is it another "i think its true so anyone who disagrees is fapboy" argument?

and to think Lich King would be careful to leave the souls "untouched" when he had no problem to control undead like a goddamn puppets and when his sword was literaly sucking them is amusing...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-29 at 09:42 AM.

Can we just get over this "lore" now and realize everything is a pointless mess and we only do raid/pvp for the fun of it. They might as well let a random critter be the main villain with pimped powers as the wow lore is dull, repetitive, watered out and completely worthless.