Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So you agree that we cannot be certain about it?
    How do you know we cannot be certain about it?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How do you know we cannot be certain about it?
    I'm not certain about it. Are you certain about it?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I'm not certain about it. Are you certain about it?
    How do you know you are uncertain about anything?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What bug, you precious summer child?

    Please, enlighten us with your extensive knowledge about bugs in random number generation.
    We're all ears.
    It wouldn't be the first time there is a bug in Blizzards rng. Legion had a diminishing chance to get legendary item drops after you get one. But actually it was increasing. Took a few weeks for Blizzard to fix it.

    Even a game known for RNG, XCOM, isn't truly rng. Or wasn't in old games. http://www.schwanenlied.me/yawning/XCOM/XCOMPRNG.html back when they didn't pass rng tests.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How do you know you are uncertain about anything?
    Because I'm not certain. Are you certain about Blizzards random number generator for the weekly vault being perfect?

  6. #66
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    774
    Stepping away from the tinfoil hat bullshit people are trying to turn this thread into...

    That's just bad RNG for you. I've gotten random stuff in just about every open slot (3 m+, 3 raid). I've never gotten all of a particular slot though, but I have gotten the same gear multiple weeks in a row (especially prevalent in the raid slots).

    I imagine the greater variety of gear that drops leads to more rng. Pvp likely has the least variation
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That's just bad RNG for you.
    But how do you know the RNG isn't bugged?

    Blizzard and bugs is an iconic duo after all.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Because I'm not certain. Are you certain about Blizzard random number generator for the weekly vault being perfect?
    The more important question is how I know that you are the kind of person that would get launched into orbit for trying to talk smart irl?

    The answer is I visit this forum.
    It was a trick question, you see.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    you precious summer child?
    I miss the summer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The more important question is how I know that you are the kind of person that would get launched into orbit for trying to talk smart irl?

    The answer is I visit this forum.
    It was a trick question, you see.
    So what you're saying, bro, is that Blizzards RNG might have bugs like it did in the past?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I miss the summer.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So what you're saying, bro, is that Blizzards RNG might have bugs like it did in the past?
    So what I'm saying, bro, is that I am sick and tired of bullshit so that makes me sick and tired of you so that means you can keep talking your bullshit and I will not engage anymore because it is clear that not even sinking down to your mental state makes you understand that you are full of shit.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    So what I'm saying, bro, is that I am sick and tired of bullshit so that makes me sick and tired of you so that means you can keep talking your bullshit and I will not engage anymore because it is clear that not even sinking down to your mental state makes you understand that you are full of shit.
    How do potential bugs in Blizzards RNG (like there was in the past) correlate with me being full of shit? Can you tell me that Naby.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Also, btw, the chance of rolling the same number twice in a row is not the same as rolling different numbers. For example, if you have 10 slots to roll for:
    1. first time you have equal chance to get each, which is 1/10; say you get wrists
    2. second time, the chance to get wrists again is not 1/10; it's 1/10*1/10;
    That's only if you are calculating specifically for the chance of Wrist + Wrist + Wrist. Then it's 1/1000. (1/10*1/10*1/10)

    But each individual slot is still 1/10 in this scenario, and each slot is random. If you aren't looking for a specific combination of 2 or 3, then 1/10 is what every piece has.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How do potential bugs in Blizzards RNG (like there was in the past) correlate with me being full of shit? Can you tell me that Naby.
    Simple: You have no reason to believe there's a bug.

    So you are full of shit. Your anecdotal evidence of "It doesn't seem random to me" is not proof enough of a bug, and "We can't be sure" also isn't proof of a bug.

    We can't be sure all of the items Blizzard claims are on a boss' drop table actually exist until they drop. Does that mean we should question if every drop exists until it does?
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Simple: You have no reason to believe there's a bug.

    So you are full of shit. Your anecdotal evidence of "It doesn't seem random to me" is not proof enough of a bug, and "We can't be sure" also isn't proof of a bug.

    We can't be sure all of the items Blizzard claims are on a boss' drop table actually exist until they drop. Does that mean we should question if every drop exists until it does?
    But it might be bugged right?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it might be bugged right?
    No, it quite literally can't be at this point. Not with all the posts intimately similar to yours that exist, it has no doubt been looked into and determined as "not bugged."

    So do you have evidence of it being bugged?
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Simple: You have no reason to believe there's a bug.
    There has been a lot of weird "coincidences".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So do you have evidence of it being bugged?
    No that's my point. We cannot be certain if it is or not. You're assuming that Blizzard would look into it, but you cant be certain.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    There has been a lot of weird "coincidences".
    That's still not a reason it could be considered bugged.

    I went an entire expansion without getting a shield drop. (true story: I was stuck with the blacksmithing crafted shield throughout all of Cataclysm, even while raiding heroic.) I'm still 100% sure that shields dropped during that expansion, even if it was "a lot of weird "coincidences"" that every raid I went to, didn't drop ANY of the shields available.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No that's my point. We cannot be certain if it is or not. You're assuming that Blizzard would look into it, but you cant be certain.
    Your point is nonsense then. You have no reason to believe it is bugged.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-05-05 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Random is random. Any sequence is equally likely to happen.

    bracers, bracers, bracers
    is equally likely to
    bracer, legs, shoulders.
    Yes, and no.

    Yes, they are equally likely, but most people don't care if it is "bracer, legs, shoulder" or "legs, bracers, shoulder".
    Thus "bracer, legs, and shoulders" in any order is 6 times more likely than "bracers, bracers, bracers" (since there's only one order for it).
    (Assuming the individual ones are random with the same chance.)

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's still not a reason it's a bugged.
    It's a reason to think it might be bugged. We can not be sure. Blizzard RNG has been bugged in the past so how can we know it isn't now?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's a reason to think it might be bugged. We can not be sure. Blizzard RNG has been bugged in the past so how can we know it isn't now?
    Because you have no reason to. Bad RNG luck is not a reason it is bugged, and repeated reports about "bad RNG luck" would prompt them to look into it and issue corrections.

    No corrections despite massive outcry = More than enough reason to believe there's no bug, and even if they haven't looked into it you still have no reason to believe it is more than bad RNG luck, meaning we still have more than enough reason to dispute your evidence-less claims.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-05-05 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  20. #80
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Duroga View Post
    What kind of Coding do they use in the great vault, i don't get it.

    With my Horde monk first 3 items i got were all bracers, then 3 helmets in a row, now 3 pants
    With my Horde Paladin first 3 item i got were all bracers, then 3 times the same trinket, then 3 breastplates

    now i leveled a Alliance Paladin and today i opened my first great vault: Bracers


    What a coincidence. What are the odds?
    Dunno i feels im rollin same items all the time. No great vault loot upgrade since 8 weeks atm. Im still have few items to upgrade but vault wants me to get 3 same gloves or boots >< Still no better cloak/pants since january just some minor upgrades ><

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •