Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Today I opened my GV and got a 226 helmet piece to replace my 207 one. Before that, I had 4 weeks worth of worthless trinkets (worthless as in worst than what I had even if higher ilvl), repeated rings I already had, or 3ilvl upgrades.

Seems kinda random even if I get screwed for an entire month. However, (tinfoil hat on) I am sure Blizz would never let the carrot on a stick be totally random and surely they have some code to ensure the randomness never works on favor or does it so very occasionally.
    My main had gook luck up until this week when I got a helmet for the second week in a row. The alt I'm gearing up has had nothing but junk trinkets (good for padding ilevel, nothing else). The RNG is random, and that includes clumping. All you can do is hope the clumps of bad stuff land on someone else. i.e. that your luck is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    you still have no reason to believe it is more than bad RNG luck.
    When do I have enough reason?

- - - Updated - - -

evidence-less claims.
    What do I claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, and no.

Yes, they are equally likely, but most people don't care if it is "bracer, legs, shoulder" or "legs, bracers, shoulder".
    Thus "bracer, legs, and shoulders" in any order is 6 times more likely than "bracers, bracers, bracers" (since there's only one order for it).
    (Assuming the individual ones are random with the same chance.)
    Technically correct, sort of irrelevant to the point. Nor do we know which order would be preferable since you have loot outside of the vault determine which order would be preferable same as your class and spec... In some cases the order wouldn't matter, in other cases order would matter. I was merely talking about RNG and how bracers, bracers, bracers isn't any less RNG than any other specific sequence.

Adding caveats to other similar cases, but still different, will of course change the validity of what I said due to new context.

didn't blizzard say sometime early in the expansion that there was some sort of duplicate protection? can't remember.

are you guys actually getting 3x same gloves and not just 3x gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    When do I have enough reason?
    When you can prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that it is more than bad RNG luck.

Ex.: If there's a pattern to the drops. If, for example, every 5 weeks you got the exact same roll of drops, that's obviously a planned drop. If you always got a helm in one slot for 3 weeks, followed by boots for 3 weeks, followed by chest for 3 weeks. If you always got the same item until you picked one of that item. These are patterns you can follow.

Saying "I never get things I want therefore it's rigged!!!!!" doesn't work. What you want changes on a week to week basis depending on what dropped for you, so we can't even prove that's a pattern. Getting 3 of the same item a few weeks in a row also doesn't work, as we know MOST players do NOT get 3 of the exact same item most weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

What do I claim?
    You're claiming we can't know if something is bugged because nobody's told us recently.

I'm telling you we can reasonably claim something isn't bugged if we can't prove it is. There's no reason to ASSUME something is bugged, ever. You first have to prove it is.

You have yet to provide any reason for suggesting it is bugged, thus, we have no reason to explore the possibility.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-05-05 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

When you can prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that it is more than bad RNG luck.
    So I cant say "Blizzards RNG might be bugged" without evidence?

Saying "I never get things I want therefore it's rigged!!!!!" doesn't work.
    I don't recall saying that. Are you certain Blizzards RNG isn't bugged?

This is what happens when a Lawyer becomes Lead Game Designer.

So I cant say "Blizzards RNG might be bugged" without evidence?
    I mean you certainly can, but like now, you'll sound like someone who doesn't have a point and just wants to play devil's advocate. It's not exactly a good look for you.

I don't recall saying that. Are you certain Blizzards RNG isn't bugged?
    Yup, 100%. Is there a bug you want to mention? You have yet to. It's also rather coincidental that you are purposely cutting out the examples which show how silly your argument is. Mind explaining that?
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

There's no reason to ASSUME something is bugged
    I'm not assuming it's bugged. But it might be. It was in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, 100%.
    How can you tell?

I'm not assuming it's bugged. But it might be. It was in the past.
    So it's not, and you're just playing devil's advocate.

This is pointless, in case you were trying to make something out of it.

How can you tell?
    Because we have no reason to believe it is. Thus far, all we've seen is RNG working like RNG.

Until we have reason to believe it isn't working, I have no reason to believe it isn't.

Until we have reason to believe it isn't working, I have no reason to believe it isn't.
    Is that the same as being 100% certain?

Is that the same as being 100% certain?
    Yes, it is for the purposes of this conversation.

Yes, it is for the purposes of this conversation.
    What does that mean?

What does that mean?
    It means even if it was bugged and I was incorrect, it is ultimately inconsequential. Your thought experiment does nothing for the purposes of the thread.

So I am 100% certain I am correct, and until you can prove me wrong, I have no reason to budge. And even if I was wrong about that statement, it literally doesn't matter - Because you can't prove that I am.

It means even if it was bugged and I was incorrect, it is ultimately inconsequential.
    So you're actually not 100% certain?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    We got it through to the devs to "let loot be loot" now if we can just say to them "let upgrades drop from enemies" we're golden.
    We didn't get through anything lol have you seen pvp gear in 9.1?

So you're actually not 100% certain?
    No, I am absolutely 100% certain.

I'll wait for your proof that I'm wrong.

No, I am absolutely 100% certain.
    You're 100% certain that Blizzards RNG in relation to the weekly vault isn't bugged?

You're 100% certain that Blizzards RNG in relation to the weekly vault isn't bugged?
    Yup. Keep posting, it's funny to me that you aren't getting it.

Yup.
    How can you be 100% certain that Blizzards RNG isn't bugged?