Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Does this mean in the vault, you could see in any given week the same pair of identical bracers?
    I've never seen dupe items in the vault, but it wouldn't surprise me if they allowed identical duping.
    Not in the same row same week. But possible in 2 different weeks. As in "big bad belt of buffness - 226" in the vault week 7. And then "big bad belt of buffness - 226" in the vault week 8

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Random is random. Any sequence is equally likely to happen.

    bracers, bracers, bracers
    is equally likely to
    bracer, legs, shoulders.

    It's just that you don't perceive first one to be random, it's human error.
    With Computers there is no such thing as truly random (technically there is but I doubt Blizzard is getting random numbers from an internet based atomic clock) and if the code for determining a random number was coded by a human then it's even less random again, and if its programed by a company that has a gambling gacha game built into its mmo for giving out "random" loot ...well

    You know what they say right "The house never loses".

    Main reason why I ignore bullshit systems that the wow devs put into the game to make it appear more fair to the players, their systems have never been fair and they have never had any reason to make them fair, they have metrics to meet.

    Mythic + after all is just a shiny weekly slot machine that makes you to do a silly amount of busy work to win "a" prize that you have zero control over.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-05-05 at 03:14 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But, again, if the random generator is bugged like you say, then it's not random. The random generator being bugged means it is producing a predictable outcome.

    If the outcome is predictable, it is provable.

    It can "seem" random, but it isn't. And thus, it is provably not random.
    I'm not saying it's bugged.

    I'm saying it could potentially be bugged.

    If it seem random then it can trick people to think it is. The degree of a potential bug matters.

    Bug again, I'm not saying it's bugged

  4. #124
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Not in the same row same week. But possible in 2 different weeks. As in "big bad belt of buffness - 226" in the vault week 7. And then "big bad belt of buffness - 226" in the vault week 8
    Ah, got it.
    I was hoping they would have duplicate item protection at least.
    It would feel like shit if they were like "this week, you can choose the Belt of Mediocrity, the Belt of Mediocrity....or..... the Belt of Mediocrity!"
    I mean, still sucks to get Belt of Mediocrity, Belt of Minor Sidegrade, and Belt of Possible Offspec Use in one week, but at least they're different.

    For the topic:
    Week to week, seeing the same item makes sense, since it's effectively a full RNG draw.
    I mean, I've seen the al'ar tanking trinket at least 7 times in total (I started a collection and had 7 in my bags before I got bored and vendored them).
    But for each week in and of itself, getting the same slot is a lower chance than getting anything else; with no dupe items, it's just a flat draw and remove.
    If there are 50 items in the bag, it's 1/50, then 1/49, then 1/48, since each item drawn is removed from the bag.
    If of the 50 items, 3 are bracers, 3 are chest, 3 are legs, etc etc etc, the first draw is equal chance for any slot.
    The second draw however is only 2/49 bracers, whereas everything else is 3/49, and if it does get bracers, the last draw would be 1/48 for bracers vs 3/48 for any other slot.
    You can get 3 bracers, as 3 bracers exist in the bag, but the odds of getting 3 bracers is lower than getting bracers+any+any, given that it's an exclusionary draw.

    In OP's case, pretty sure it's just RNG being RNG.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And I'm saying it's 100% not bugged.

    Now prove it is or begone with you. There is literally no point to your posts.
    But I don't think it's bugged. I just think it's stupid to blindly trust that it isn't. Especially based on Blizzards history with bugs.

    The point is that we shouldn't always be so gullible. It's okay to have some degree of skepticism.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-05-05 at 03:15 PM.

  6. #126
    Ive never once gotten a neck from the vault, what are the odds of that?
    I do get weapons, every single week, without fail.....

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And I'm saying it's 100% not bugged.

    Now prove it is or begone with you. There is literally no point to your posts.
    Can you prove without any doubt that its not bugged? Wait, you can't? What a shocker *rolleyes*

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This is just conspiracy mongering. Especially given that random selections of people get better loot than some pro raiders on some weeks.

    There's absolutely no control over who gets what loot drop when. Besides, Blizzard always wins once they've gotten your money. There is no lose scenario for Blizzard, they already got your money BEFORE you stepped in the raid lol.
    There is always a lose situation, it's not conspiracy mongering .. its called not trusting the house, unless of course you are one of these people who walks into a casino and believes the house isn't in it to win and always uses fair and equitable odds.

    I dont trust Blizzard and I trust Bobby Kotic and Activision even less.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But I don't think it's bugged. I just think it's stupid to blindly trust that it isn't. Especially based on Blizzards history with bugs.

    The point is that we shouldn't always be so gullible. It's okay to have some degree of skepticism.
    Science once believed in a geocentric model, so I don't think a little skepticism is a bad thing when it comes to blindly trusting that the earth isn't flat.

    Thats what you're saying

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Which is a nonsense non sequitur. It leads to nothing. Being skeptical over nothing is not "avoiding being gullible." If anything it's being the MOST gullible, willing to believe things are wrong at the drop of a hat.
    I'm not believing anything is wrong. I'm just realistic knowing that systems can have bugs. Especially in work that was rushed like Shadowlands was. It's would not be anything new if something like that happened. Being a little bit skeptical of a system which has produced some cases of extreme results is completely reasonable.

  11. #131
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    With Computers there is no such thing as truly random (technically there is but I doubt Blizzard is getting random numbers from an internet based atomic clock) and if the code for determining a random number was coded by a human then it's even less random again, and if its programed by a company that has a gambling gacha game built into its mmo for giving out "random" loot ...well

    You know what they say right "The house never loses".

    Main reason why I ignore bullshit systems that the wow devs put into the game to make it appear more fair to the players, their systems have never been fair and they have never had any reason to make them fair, they have metrics to meet.

    Mythic + after all is just a shiny weekly slot machine that makes you to do a silly amount of busy work to win "a" prize that you have zero control over.
    My friend has in the last 4 out of 5 weeks gotten a 233 from vault. All upgrades.
    For the last 2 weeks I've gotten the biggest possible upgrades from vault on my reroll character

    Random is gonna random. Sometimes you're winning, sometimes you're losing. Like in the first 3 months of the expansion where I got 0 220-226 weapons from vault/raid.
    It'll even out in the end, just keep rolling

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    There is always a lose situation, it's not conspiracy mongering .. its called not trusting the house, unless of course you are one of these people who walks into a casino and believes the house isn't in it to win and always uses fair and equitable odds.

    I dont trust Blizzard and I trust Bobby Kotic and Activision even less.
    Amm, welcome to RPG? Chances are that you will spend months on getting gear you want.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Science once believed in a geocentric model, so I don't think a little skepticism is a bad thing when it comes to blindly trusting that the earth isn't flat.

    Thats what you're saying
    No. I'm saying that a system in WoW could potentially be bugged like other systems have been in the past. That has nothing to do with the earth being flat

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I don't need to. Things working as intended is easy to prove - I can log into game on Tuesday and get 3 random items from my Vault. Seems to be working as intended!

    You need to provide a reason you believe it IS bugged. We've seen plenty of reason to believe it isn't. 99% of the playerbase gets random drops.

    The 1% who hasn't, if they want to prove it IS bugged, needs to prove it is.
    It goes both ways because they both rely on anecdotal evidence at best. Just becomes something seems a certain way, does not in fact make it true. Not even a little bit, you want to claim something is 100%, this or that, prove it or dont make such claims. You know, correlation does not imply causation.
    Until you or someone else gets a hold of the actual code and reviews it, it could be either way.
    And honestly, with blizzards track record for bugs this expansion, I'd wager its more likely its bugged than not. You can't even code true randomness, google it.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-05-05 at 03:28 PM.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So you have no point. Good to know. Back to reporting your posts as spam then.
    I have a point: We shouldn't blindly trust that a RNG system in WoW isn't bugged. Other systems being bugged in the past is fair reason to think that it could happen again.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-05-05 at 03:31 PM.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Just because we don't know, doesn't mean it isn't.
    But it also doesn't mean that it is. In the past there was cases where it wasn't. So there it's reasonable to think that there is a small chance that it isn't.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, you don't have a point. That's a non point. That means nothing. What does someone do with that information? Yell at Blizzard whenever a drop doesn't go their way JUST IN CASE it's bugged this time around? Because it's been bugged before and obviously that means it could be bugged this time and it's 100% worth my time to scream at Blizzard whenever I don't get the exact drop I want.

    No, obviously not. There's nothing to do with that information.
    You calmly give feedback to Blizzard that we have observed multiple extreme cases of RNG and since there have been bugs in past systems it might be reasonable to look into it. That completely normal procedure.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, it isn't because as said before:
    You cannot use your own statement as evidence.

    You don't know your 3 items were 100% randomly picked. You assume they are.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And when they don't do anything, you assume it's not bugged.
    No I don't. Blizzard have proven case after case that they are very slow to react and fix things. We often have to wait an entire patch for simple bug fixes. Hell, there are many known bugs in the game as we speak that Blizzard are not fixing.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's not how it works at all.

    Blizzard tells me I get 3 random items, I get 3 random items. I have no reason to question it.
    Blizzard tells you, you get 3 random items, you get 3 random items that are the same. I get WHY you would question that, but upon seeing that 99% of other players DIDN'T get 3 of the same item, it would be fairly obvious that, no, the system is not in fact bugged, it's just your RNG.

    Yes, it does fall on you to prove it if you think otherwise. Both scenarios fit my current belief, my scenario doesn't fit yours.



    That's false.

    It IS definitely one way. Just because we don't know, doesn't mean it isn't. It doesn't flip flop between two states until someone opens the code, it was coded a specific way.



    "You can't code true randomness" is a stupid idea that a computer's electrical impulses are relatively predictable. It doesn't mean that a computer can't do a random 1-1000 roll and assign an item to it, which RELATIVELY makes it pick a number that isn't predictable.

    Not to mention, that item drops AREN'T true random. Mob drops have always had a percentage drop rate that was higher for some items than others.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, you don't have a point. That's a non point. That means nothing. What does someone do with that information? Yell at Blizzard whenever a drop doesn't go their way JUST IN CASE it's bugged this time around? Because it's been bugged before and obviously that means it could be bugged this time and it's 100% worth my time to scream at Blizzard whenever I don't get the exact drop I want.

    No, obviously not. There's nothing to do with that information.
    Thats exactly how it works... How do you know the 3 items were random? Can you prove it? You still can't? You have no statistical relevance to back up such a claim? Ok, cool story i guess?

    Not false at all. Of course its always one state but that state is by design made to be random. Which means its supports both theories of bugged or not bugged. Thus, it reallly is either way until confirmed.

    You really should google it. Maybe you'll learn something, doubtful but maybe
    Again, you're making assumptions, how do you know drop rates are applied to the great vault and not just coded to be random?
    Because if you now say it could have more variables than being random, surely, you have to acknowledge it could be even more hidden variables?

    Really, nothing about the drops feel random, now prove that im wrong instead of just making the assumption you are right. It's a very weird position to take in a discussion, specially since nothing you say are facts or can be backed up as such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •