Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Duroga View Post
    snip
    And here we are, with people still not understanding RNG, especially on absolutely minimal sample sizes.

    Yes. It is random. Move along.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I say it might be bugged.

    You say it's 100% not bugged.

    Which statement requires evidence?
    Yours, because you are the one suggesting something is not right.

    I'm suggesting things are working as intended. I can show things working as intended if you need me to, but that's not going to prove things are "working as intended" to you because you want to believe there's a bug.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well it might impact all players, but only a few negatively.
    That's not how bugs work. The bug would impact all players the same, because each player doesn't have unique RNG. All players are subject to the same RNG rules.

    If the bug causes only one piece of loot to drop, all players would see only one piece of loot drop.
    If the bug causes only one TYPE of loot to drop, all players would see only one type of loot drop.
    If the bug caused unusable pieces to drop, all players would occasionally see pieces they can't use drop.

    RNG doesn't selectively choose people to be nice to and others to screw over, nor do bugs. RNG is random, bugs are consistent. If a bug exists, it could be consistently recreated.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-05-05 at 02:29 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    because you want to believe there's a bug.
    Not at all. I'm just saying it's a possibility. Like it was in the past.

  4. #124
    There's only a few classes (Dual-wielders) who'd want to get the same item more than once from the vault.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's not how bugs work. The bug would impact all players the same, because each player doesn't have unique RNG. All players are subject to the same RNG rules.
    But it doesn't have to impact everyone negatively.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    There's only a few classes (Dual-wielders) who'd want to get the same item more than once from the vault.
    There's also same item but with tertiary stats or sockets

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it doesn't have to impact everyone negatively.
    But it DOES have to affect everyone. You can't even prove it's affecting everyone because you have no consistent way to link everyone together.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not at all. I'm just saying it's a possibility. Like it was in the past.
    And it's possible that it's working SO intended, that it's working better than intended.

    So I'm still 100% sure it's working as intended. Prove me wrong or step aside.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You can't even prove it's affecting everyone.
    Well that's not an easy task. But it might be affecting everyone. Just to different degrees. Some negatively.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And it's possible that it's working SO intended, that it's working better than intended.
    Yes that's also possible. It's possible it works as intended. And it's possible that it's bugged.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not at all. I'm just saying it's a possibility. Like it was in the past.
    Possible is irrelevant. You need to show that it is likely, not simply possible. I could show that it is possible for you to get shot. That doesn't mean that you're about to get hit by a bullet.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well that's not an easy task. But it might be affecting everyone. Just to different degrees. Some negatively.
    No, it isn't.

    This time for sure, because there's no link between literally every vault drop. OP claims he gets 3 of the same item every week, of different types every week, and 99% of the playerbase gets 3 different items every week.

    Already there's no consistent link between the posts, so we know it's not affecting everyone. Bugs affect everyone the same. Not varyingly different. If the bug was causing only chest pieces to drop, everyone would only get chest pieces. If the bug was causing only items lower than your item level to drop, that would be very obvious and catchable easily. If the bug was causing people to get only items they already had, again, very easily noticable.

    None of these are the case. No pattern exists.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yes that's also possible. It's possible it works as intended. And it's possible that it's bugged.
    No, it isn't, that was a trick statement. You literally can't work more than intended.

    You truly are a sad attempt at a troll.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You need to show that it is likely
    But it's not likely. Most likely the weekly vault is not bugged. Be there's still a possibility that it's bugged. We cant say for certain.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Bugs affect everyone the same.
    Bugs in an RNG system wouldn't necessarily have the same outcome for everyone.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Holy shit, no, that's not how it works.

    You toss a coin, it's 50-50. You toss it a second time, it's still 50-50. You toss it a third time. It's still 50-50.

    The previous result don't impact the next one at all.
    Nah, that's not how it works. But it's also not 50/50 in this sense. If you flip 100 coins and all 100 end up being head, was this a 50% chance to occur? No, it's about the cumulative result.

    Each individual coin flip has a 50% chance to be either tail or head. 100 coin flips being head in a row has a probability of 1/2^100 or 7*10^-31, which should be something like 0,0000000000000000000000000000007%? My calculator just shits out 7,8886090522101180541172856528279^-31 as a result, I can't even comprehend that number. But it's an absurdly low number.

    So let's just say that having the same shitty result many times over has a lower chance of happening than seeing a healthy mixture of bad results and good results.

    And it's still all RNG.

    To be fair though, I work in Software Development related fields. It would actually surprise me if Blizzard has just a simple RNG implemented into the vault. More than likely there are certain factors that determine what items you get. You must not forget that real RNG in code doesn't actually exist. You have to determine a number from a specific set of factors that seems rng, but really isn't.

    Final Fantasy 10 for example determines the loot of monsters based on the amount steps you take from encounter to encounter, from the loot you got before that, from the dmg you do, etc. etc. list goes on and on. There are exploits that allow you to reverse-engineer that to a degree to manipulate the loot table.

    I can only imagine that Blizzard has something even more ridiculous in place to dictate what you get. Adding a certain bias also helps keeping things in check.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2021-05-05 at 02:46 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it's not likely. Most likely the weekly vault is not bugged. Be there's still a possibility that it's bugged. We cant say for certain.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bugs in an RNG system wouldn't necessarily have the same outcome for everyone.
    And technically there's still a possibility that the earth is flat and every evidence against that could've been faked. But conspiracies aren't allowed on this site, neither is spam

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it's not likely. Most likely the weekly vault is not bugged. Be there's still a possibility that it's bugged. We cant say for certain.
    Then you don't have an argument. This isn't up for debate. You're just blowing empty air. If you can't show that it is likely for there to be a bug, then you aren't showing anything and just throwing out meaningless generalist statements.

    You're demanding a level of certainty that is physically impossible to achieve. You will never be satisfied with any answer.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    And technically there's still a possibility that the earth is flat and every evidence against that could've been faked. But conspiracies aren't allowed on this site, neither is spam
    Based on Blizzards past bugs I wouldn't be extremely surprised if the weekly vault was bugged. It's definitely not the same degree as saying the earth might be flat.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Bugs in an RNG system wouldn't necessarily have the same outcome for everyone.
    Yes it would, because a bug in an RNG system would stop it from being RNG. I've already given multiple examples of how this would work, so just dig through the past two pages of skipped text to find it.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're demanding a level of certainty that is physically impossible to achieve.
    I'm not demanding anything. I'm just saying that since Blizzards RNG has been bugged in the past there is also a possibility that it's bugged now. We have seen some cases of extreme RNG in relation to the weekly vault. So we cannot know for certain that it's working as intended - although it most likely is.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Based on Blizzards past bugs I wouldn't be extremely surprised if the weekly vault was bugged. It's definitely not the same degree as saying the earth might be flat.
    It is the exact same degree and you have 0 proof that it's not.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    because a bug in an RNG system would stop it from being RNG.
    That doesn't mean the outcome would be negative for everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    you have 0 proof that it's not.
    It happened in the past. That's reason to suspect that it could happen again. Combined with extreme cases of RNG.

  20. #140
    I never had a item in wrist slot since I have started. I have a track record of getting worst trinkets in game in the slots tho

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •