Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So you agree that we cannot be certain about it?
    How do you know we cannot be certain about it?

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How do you know we cannot be certain about it?
    I'm not certain about it. Are you certain about it?

I'm not certain about it. Are you certain about it?
    How do you know you are uncertain about anything?

What bug, you precious summer child?

Please, enlighten us with your extensive knowledge about bugs in random number generation.
    We're all ears.
    It wouldn't be the first time there is a bug in Blizzards rng. Legion had a diminishing chance to get legendary item drops after you get one. But actually it was increasing. Took a few weeks for Blizzard to fix it.

Even a game known for RNG, XCOM, isn't truly rng. Or wasn't in old games. http://www.schwanenlied.me/yawning/XCOM/XCOMPRNG.html back when they didn't pass rng tests.

How do you know you are uncertain about anything?
    Because I'm not certain. Are you certain about Blizzards random number generator for the weekly vault being perfect?

15+ Year Old Account
    Stepping away from the tinfoil hat bullshit people are trying to turn this thread into...

That's just bad RNG for you. I've gotten random stuff in just about every open slot (3 m+, 3 raid). I've never gotten all of a particular slot though, but I have gotten the same gear multiple weeks in a row (especially prevalent in the raid slots).

I imagine the greater variety of gear that drops leads to more rng. Pvp likely has the least variation
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That's just bad RNG for you.
    But how do you know the RNG isn't bugged?

Blizzard and bugs is an iconic duo after all.

Because I'm not certain. Are you certain about Blizzard random number generator for the weekly vault being perfect?
    The more important question is how I know that you are the kind of person that would get launched into orbit for trying to talk smart irl?

The answer is I visit this forum.
    It was a trick question, you see.

you precious summer child?
    I miss the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

The more important question is how I know that you are the kind of person that would get launched into orbit for trying to talk smart irl?

The answer is I visit this forum.
    It was a trick question, you see.
    So what you're saying, bro, is that Blizzards RNG might have bugs like it did in the past?

I miss the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying, bro, is that Blizzards RNG might have bugs like it did in the past?
    So what I'm saying, bro, is that I am sick and tired of bullshit so that makes me sick and tired of you so that means you can keep talking your bullshit and I will not engage anymore because it is clear that not even sinking down to your mental state makes you understand that you are full of shit.

So what I'm saying, bro, is that I am sick and tired of bullshit so that makes me sick and tired of you so that means you can keep talking your bullshit and I will not engage anymore because it is clear that not even sinking down to your mental state makes you understand that you are full of shit.
    How do potential bugs in Blizzards RNG (like there was in the past) correlate with me being full of shit? Can you tell me that Naby.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Simple: You have no reason to believe there's a bug.

So you are full of shit. Your anecdotal evidence of "It doesn't seem random to me" is not proof enough of a bug, and "We can't be sure" also isn't proof of a bug.

We can't be sure all of the items Blizzard claims are on a boss' drop table actually exist until they drop. Does that mean we should question if every drop exists until it does?
    But it might be bugged right?

Simple: You have no reason to believe there's a bug.
    There has been a lot of weird "coincidences".

- - - Updated - - -

So do you have evidence of it being bugged?
    No that's my point. We cannot be certain if it is or not. You're assuming that Blizzard would look into it, but you cant be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Random is random. Any sequence is equally likely to happen.

bracers, bracers, bracers
    is equally likely to
    bracer, legs, shoulders.
    Yes, and no.

Yes, they are equally likely, but most people don't care if it is "bracer, legs, shoulder" or "legs, bracers, shoulder".
    Thus "bracer, legs, and shoulders" in any order is 6 times more likely than "bracers, bracers, bracers" (since there's only one order for it).
    (Assuming the individual ones are random with the same chance.)

That's still not a reason it's a bugged.
    It's a reason to think it might be bugged. We can not be sure. Blizzard RNG has been bugged in the past so how can we know it isn't now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duroga View Post
    What kind of Coding do they use in the great vault, i don't get it.

With my Horde monk first 3 items i got were all bracers, then 3 helmets in a row, now 3 pants
    With my Horde Paladin first 3 item i got were all bracers, then 3 times the same trinket, then 3 breastplates

now i leveled a Alliance Paladin and today i opened my first great vault: Bracers

What a coincidence. What are the odds?
    Dunno i feels im rollin same items all the time. No great vault loot upgrade since 8 weeks atm. Im still have few items to upgrade but vault wants me to get 3 same gloves or boots >< Still no better cloak/pants since january just some minor upgrades ><

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Today I opened my GV and got a 226 helmet piece to replace my 207 one. Before that, I had 4 weeks worth of worthless trinkets (worthless as in worst than what I had even if higher ilvl), repeated rings I already had, or 3ilvl upgrades.

Seems kinda random even if I get screwed for an entire month. However, (tinfoil hat on) I am sure Blizz would never let the carrot on a stick be totally random and surely they have some code to ensure the randomness never works on favor or does it so very occasionally.
    My main had gook luck up until this week when I got a helmet for the second week in a row. The alt I'm gearing up has had nothing but junk trinkets (good for padding ilevel, nothing else). The RNG is random, and that includes clumping. All you can do is hope the clumps of bad stuff land on someone else. i.e. that your luck is good.

you still have no reason to believe it is more than bad RNG luck.
    When do I have enough reason?

- - - Updated - - -

evidence-less claims.
    What do I claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, and no.

Yes, they are equally likely, but most people don't care if it is "bracer, legs, shoulder" or "legs, bracers, shoulder".
    Thus "bracer, legs, and shoulders" in any order is 6 times more likely than "bracers, bracers, bracers" (since there's only one order for it).
    (Assuming the individual ones are random with the same chance.)
    Technically correct, sort of irrelevant to the point. Nor do we know which order would be preferable since you have loot outside of the vault determine which order would be preferable same as your class and spec... In some cases the order wouldn't matter, in other cases order would matter. I was merely talking about RNG and how bracers, bracers, bracers isn't any less RNG than any other specific sequence.

Adding caveats to other similar cases, but still different, will of course change the validity of what I said due to new context.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

didn't blizzard say sometime early in the expansion that there was some sort of duplicate protection? can't remember.

are you guys actually getting 3x same gloves and not just 3x gloves?