Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 PTR - Sylvanas Weapon Model Updates, Chapter 3 Main Campaign

Patch 9.1 PTR - Sylvanas Weapon Model Updates
    The latest update to the PTR has changed the models for both the bow and dagger that drops from Sylvanas in the Sanctum of Domination raid.

Patch 9.1 PTR - Main Story Campaign Chapter 3
    Today we are previewing Chapter 3 of the Chains of Domination main story campaign. *Spoilers Ahead*

• With the Primus free, he now suggests that we take Helya and Vyraz by surprise as they have retreated within the walls of Desmotaeron and have grown lax in their expected safety. Draka suggests we secure the area to summon the Zerekriss. Thrall asks to accompany the mission and Draka allows it, seemingly unknowing that Thrall is her son.
    • Upon arrival, we need to kill Helsworn Soulbreakers, summon 4 death gates, and look for Thrall's axe, Dra'gora. As you progress, Draka notices that Thrall is wearing the armor of Orgrim Doomhammer. Upon retrieving the axe, she also comments that its name means "Draenor's Honor. A fitting name for a worthy weapon." Thrall also asks her about her life as a Frostwolf.
    • You then summon the Zerekriss, and use it to bombard the area to allow the Covenant forces to advance, allowing you an opportunity to slay Ironkeeper Salryx.
    • Afterward, you find a fallen Forsworn who says he tried to escape after Helya started forcing the power of the Maw on them. He asks you to free his brethren while you also slay minions of Helya.
    • Finally, you ascend to find Vyraz asking for Helya's aid against the Covenant forces. She berates him before noticing you. She then grants him her boon, but the Primus teleports in and also grants you power. A fight ensues and you eventually kill Vyraz and leave through a portal. Helya teleports away when the fight starts.
    • Draka tells Thrall he fought well, calling him Go'el. Thrall is shocked that she knew who he was this whole time and she says they will speak upon their return to Keeper's Reprise.
    • When you approach, you witness the two's conversation:
      • Draka - "I knew who you were the moment I saw you. Do you really think I wouldn't recognize Durotan's eyes? You were but a babe when I died. Tell me, who have you grown to be?
      • Thrall - "I was once Warchief of the Horde, a shaman of the Earthen Ring--"
      • Draka - "That is who you were. Who are you now?"
      • Thrall - "I...am uncertain. Much has happened in my life. I do not know where it will lead next."
      • Draka - "A lesson, then. Not from mother to child, but from one similar soul to another. Remember who you were, but take pride in who you are. I once thought death was the end. But now, as a warrior of Maldraxxus, I see that it was only the beginning. It brings me joy to see how far you have come. And I know you have much farther to go."
      • Thrall - "Thank you...mother. I will make you proud."
      • Draka - "Come. I wish to know more of your life. All of it."

Last edited by Stoy; 2021-05-06 at 11:26 AM.

Those weapons that drop off one of the most central villains in all of WoW..... look like questing gear.

How come AU Draka didn't recognize Durotan's eyes.

I swear they used the same story line on "All My Children" back in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How come AU Draka didn't recognize Durotan's eyes.
    Because the concept of having a child was not in her mind at all, especially when it had green skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Those weapons that drop off one of the most central villains in all of WoW..... look like questing gear.
    Hopefully theyll atleast have some cool animations and glow coming from it. If it just exactly like that id be disappointed and use a cooler transmog bow...

That fact that the bow is currently shown in the transmog tab as a legendary on the PTR and yet it looks like a quest reward is somewhat disappointing. I wonder if it'll be a rare drop if it actually does end up legendary.

The extra ability is at least very powerful for m+. A 5(6?) second AoE silence on a 1min cooldown with an added damage component is nothing to scuff at.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I mean they don't look bad but they look surprisingly average for whom they drop from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, Draka really seems unfazed by the fact she finally gets to meet his kid

"Oh, yeah, my kid. What's up"

Bow is nothing to write home about, but daggers look kinda' bad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmo-champion... I hope you are aware that these spoiler chapters were on wowhead like 2 week ago or something?

Not the first time that mmo-champion feels not relevant.
    I think you guys need a step up.

I seen better looking greens this Sylvanas' Bow lol.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Mmo-champion... I hope you are aware that these spoiler chapters were on wowhead like 2 week ago or something?

Not the first time that mmo-champion feels not relevant.
    I think you guys need a step up.
    Considering they fancy themselves MMO champion and 99% of the time all the other MMOs are neglected, being relevant is not really on their agenda. The forums can be fun though. Especially the expansion hype thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    daggers look kinda' bad.
    And they still use the same horizontal stab motion, logic be damned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Blizzard more often than not completely ruin melee weapons by adding something stupid on the end of the handle or the tip of the blade... Yeah I know she has these daggers in that Saurfang cinematic and they looked alright in there but here they look way too bulky and just weird.

I do quite like the bow though, but it doesn't look -that- special. Just like a random torghast ranged mob weapon or something. But I like it.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2021-05-06 at 01:43 PM.

Yeah just basic Maw style weapons now...

Would have been cool to get pre-SL Sylvanas’ bow. Ah well, I’m still disappointed that we never found the shoulders that Varian ditched on a beach.

Gear isn’t that impressive looking all things considered, and the story is absolutely the worst in gaming arguably

Thrall is cheating on his AU Draenor parents.

Also, that Sylv bow looks lame. I guess I just don't like the spiky metal look of SL stuff in general.

Just reskin Thori'dal and don't dishonor yourself, Blizzard...

Well this is disappointing and sucky . No reason. To re sub at all

5+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is making his mommy proud. This is priceless.