Thread: [TV] Loki

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far i know Alioth is "enemy" of Kang, not rly his guard dog,, his domain borders kang domain and others. I don't know how they will handle this part though

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So is the show any good? Its the only one out of the new marvel line up that looks interesting other than blade.
    It's easily my favorite of the shows so far. In the most recent episode they introduce a handful of characters and by the end of the episode you understand them and their motivations and care about them. Solid writing and the chemistry between Loki and Sylvie is fantastic IMO.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

IMO, all the shows are quality. They all touch on very different things though. This one certainly has the most implications for the MCU, imo.

I'd rate them WandaVision>Loki>FatWS, but it's all very close. And I loved the classical look at old sitcoms in WandaVision, and the eerieness of that series, but I can understand why it's not for everyone.

The Loki series, to me, seems to be setting up Dr Strange 2 in a big way.

Not a fan of how this series is going but I'll hold judgment until the final episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    wandavision and Loki are both setting up the next marvel phase of multiverse

Loki is a setting up the ground for the Next spider man and ant-man movie and both series are setting up for Dr. Strange 2

Marvel Studios Canada just, uh, hmmm. They tweeted something about… alright I guess spoiler tag.
    Spoiler: 
    Ladies and gentlemen… The Lokis. See them all in the fifth episode of Marvel Studios’ #Loki, now streaming on @DisneyPlusCA.

Nbd right? Well one of the pictures was Hunter B 15

http://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelStud...06361193320451

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post

Not a fan of how this series is going but I'll hold judgment until the final episode.
    Thus far all 3 MCU shows have been about setting up movies for Phase 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    As far i know Alioth is "enemy" of Kang, not rly his guard dog,, his domain borders kang domain and others. I don't know how they will handle this part though
    The part where beyond his domain could literally be Kang? Using his domain as a dumping ground to keep him from expanding his domain(why expand when you’re fed regularly) doesn’t necessarily mean Kang controls him.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw that it’s been confirmed that Chris Hemsworth is credited as Throg, albeit not in the credits for the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Marvel Studios Canada just, uh, hmmm. They tweeted something about… alright I guess spoiler tag.
    Spoiler: 
    Ladies and gentlemen… The Lokis. See them all in the fifth episode of Marvel Studios’ #Loki, now streaming on @DisneyPlusCA.

Nbd right? Well one of the pictures was Hunter B 15

http://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelStud...06361193320451
    wtf, lmao, i hope that is a mistake, cause the gatorloki made more sense

The part where beyond his domain could literally be Kang? Using his domain as a dumping ground to keep him from expanding his domain(why expand when you’re fed regularly) doesn’t necessarily mean Kang controls him.

It could, and they just opened a border, but the way they show it was like Alioth was the guarddog of something bigger, when he is supposed to be like "the bigge" among others

wtf, lmao, i hope that is a mistake, cause the gatorloki made more sense

It could, and they just opened a border, but the way they show it was like Alioth was the guarddog of something bigger, when he is supposed to be like "the bigge" among others
    I hope it’s a mistake as well, but it’s kinda hilarious if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I hope it’s a mistake as well, but it’s kinda hilarious if it is.
    She said she had a life and was happy, clearly not a Loki

I doubt whoever tweets for them would know anyway, it’s still funny.

Not really. Like the Loki's were saying right before the fight with Alioth, any time a Loki tries to change its nature the TVA grabs them. She could be a Loki variant that was "reset" to an agent because she wasn't supposed to be happy.

But in all likelihood it was just a mixup with the person using the Twitter account.

I bet the wizard of oz is just another loki

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Not really. Like the Loki's were saying right before the fight with Alioth, any time a Loki tries to change its nature the TVA grabs them.
    exactly, that means there was no loki who was happy, the moment they tried to be happy they were caught

its more likely she was a human on earth like the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Or Loki and Sylvie's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This is the first post in our entire discussion where you actually posited an actual theory and not repeated the cop out "different magic technology!". So thank you, finally. It is similar to Vegas' argument earlier, which I admitted could be the answer.

Yes. My argument was/is the rules are different. I haven't hid that, I haven't implied different. I also was literally asking for an actual argument and not just the repeated over and over..."different technology cop out" you kept making.

I mean...bullshit. This had nothing to do with me not being bothered or whatever other stupid shit you're accusing me of. I addressed two (not one) possible scenarios and explained the inherent in universe problems with both. I used past examples from the MCU to back up my approach. There was a third scenario, i didn't think of. Not because of any lazy or nefarious reasons you want to queef into existence about me, but because it simply hadn't occurred to me. When the third scenario was finally explained to me in a way I understood, I gave it actual credence...you know....the way discussion is supposed to work.

Loki is the one that said the TVA's power is greater than the time stone. And he said that AFTER being subjected to the TVA's bureaucracy. Loki also said the repeat prison and Sif were constructs.

Again the TVA had not before nor after the repeat prison displayed any ability to loop time without strapping a collar on to the person (which they also knew they were being looped, unlike Sif) or without leaving the time and coming back to it (which is different than what Loki was experiencing, since he was in the loop the whole time.)

I'm pretty sick of this shit from you to be honest. I didn't;t ignore anything. I addressed all points made to me. I just didn't think your wholly stupid and weak argument of different technology explains it all!!!!!! was a valid argument. I also wasn't;t fucking ignoring anything, I was literally fucking begging you to make an actual point and you only finally did in this post.

I didn't backtrack at all. I didn't ignore anything at all. I didn't do anything untoward at all. You have just been a very difficult person to have a discussion with.
    How old are you, really?

Have you never seen pocket-dimensions / time loops in any other fantasy media?
    Have you not seen, like, the ending of Dr. Strange?

Besides the obvious, why are you trying to argue so hard against something that has yet to be shown?

I am pretty fucking certain that we will find out who made what why and how during the last episode.
    Or even if we don't find out everything we will have some answers. After that maybe you can cry.

But we also have Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2 coming which are dealing with multiverses themselves.
    The most logical thing to conclude would be to realize that Phase 4 deals with multiverses/multiple timelines overall and we'll have big bad villian grow out of all of this eventually like Thanos came.
    And after we are finally at Infity Wars Multiverse Edition we have the answers that YOU argue for now.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Or Loki and Sylvie's kid.
    Leave it to loki to take "go fuck yourself" to a whole new level

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    How old are you, really?

Besides the obvious, why are you trying to argue so hard against something that has yet to be shown?

I am pretty fucking certain that we will find out who made what why and how during the last episode.
    Or even if we don't find out everything we will have some answers. After that maybe you can cry.

But we also have Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2 coming which are dealing with multiverses themselves.
    The most logical thing to conclude would be to realize that Phase 4 deals with multiverses/multiple timelines overall and we'll have big bad villian grow out of all of this eventually like Thanos came.
    And after we are finally at Infity Wars Multiverse Edition we have the answers that YOU argue for now.
    Who put their dick in your birthday cake?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    How old are you, really?

Little harsh there. I know I am arguing with him.

But, honestly, the only thing I would say is bad with him is that he thinks my pointing out it is a different technology is a "cop-out" as opposed to pointing out that it is a flaw in his starting assumption of "It must follow the same rules." There is really no reason that the TVA time travel has to follow the rules of Endgame's travel, how Travel is achieved doesn't even look similar.

There is no reason to assume that anything happened to the Loki in the original timeline of the prison because we see such a limited scope of that loop that there are numerous answer that are possible. He makes the mistake that just because we don't know something means something is broken.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Maybe it's Mephisto

I agree though. I feel that if I've learnt anything from their other series it's that if there's a big mystery for the big finale + twist I don't think they're just going to pull something out of their ass that's had no setup for the entire rest of the other episodes. Kang turning up as the big bad with no foreshading would be as WTF as if Mephisto had suddenly appeared.

From a Narrative sense, it must be another Loki or connected to him and Sylvie in some way.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Maybe it's Mephisto

I agree though. I feel that if I've learnt anything from their other series it's that if there's a big mystery for the big finale + twist I don't think they're just going to pull something out of their ass that's had no setup for the entire rest of the other episodes. Kang turning up as the big bad with no foreshading would be as WTF as if Mephisto had suddenly appeared.

From a Narrative sense, it must be another Loki or connected to him and Sylvie in some way.
    I kind of suspect it's just Sylvie. That this is Sylvie's loop; she's born, made Variant, escapes pruning, evades pursuit while scheming, gets behind the curtain, finds out that the man behind the curtain is Ancient Sylvie, who she kills (or doesn't believe is her, even, until after she kills her), and then decides she can fix things, and goes back to start things over, cue cycle.

I think what breaks the cycle is "our" Loki. I don't think he's ever been around before. I think him giving Sylvie a concept of a better life with him is gonna break that cycle. That, conceptually, this whole timeline is essentially a self-made prison Sylvie builds around herself, unwittingly. Not exactly the first time a Loki has tried to seize power and control to make sure they make things better and avoid dealing with their inner personal trauma, eh?