Thread: [TV] Loki

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the best move Marvel ever made was giving Tom Hiddleston more screen time to just act and be captivating. this is already hitting way better than the other two shows, plus the twist at the end with who may or may not be the main bad guy has me genuinely not sure what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I am sure it will. Considering the purpose of the Time keepers and the TVA along with the title of Doctor Strange 2, I honestly expect the sacred timeline to either be abolished entirely or at least become greatly threatened by the time this show is over.
    With all the talk of "timelines", they had absolutely no need to call that the "multiverse" unless they definitely meant to tie the two concepts together with everything that would mean moving forward.

It was so blatantly done that, unlike some of the fantheorization that went into Wandavision and Falcon +Winter Soldier, I don't think we can even call this "fan theory"; they came right out and said it, straight-up, complete with graphics with clear text;

The "danger" is that there could be a "multiverse". So, if we're heading into Multiverse of Madness, it's a pretty solid bet that the Time Keepers and the TVA are, like, super boned by the end of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Plus, the strong implication is that the TVA isn't strictly in the universe, itself.
    I think it's explicit that the TVA is "out of time" in some void or space where the keepers exist as they watch over the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I think it's explicit that the TVA is "out of time" in some void or space where the keepers exist as they watch over the timeline.
    Yeah, I'm just saying that I don't think it's that the Time Keepers and TVA are "stronger than the Infinity Stones", just that I think the space they're in is artifical and external to the Stones' influence. They're like a perfect AI virus designed to exploit Windows systems (the Universe, in this metaphor), but the TVA is on an airgapped Linux laptop. They're just useless there. They might destroy the entire world if they could access the Interwebs, but they're stuck somewhere they can't actually DO anything.

Pandaren Monk
    With all the talk of "timelines", they had absolutely no need to call that the "multiverse" unless they definitely meant to tie the two concepts together with everything that would mean moving forward.

It was so blatantly done that, unlike some of the fantheorization that went into Wandavision and Falcon +Winter Soldier, I don't think we can even call this "fan theory"; they came right out and said it, straight-up, complete with graphics with clear text;

The "danger" is that there could be a "multiverse". So, if we're heading into Multiverse of Madness, it's a pretty solid bet that the Time Keepers and the TVA are, like, super boned by the end of all this.
    Absolutely. It'll be interesting to see how we get there and how much of it is Lokis fault at least. That little video from Mrs. Minutes was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

Yeah, I'm just saying that I don't think it's that the Time Keepers and TVA are "stronger than the Infinity Stones", just that I think the space they're in is artifical and external to the Stones' influence. They're like a perfect AI virus designed to exploit Windows systems (the Universe, in this metaphor), but the TVA is on an airgapped Linux laptop. They're just useless there. They might destroy the entire world if they could access the Interwebs, but they're stuck somewhere they can't actually DO anything.
    oh yeah, totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Absolutely. It'll be interesting to see how we get there and how much of it is Lokis fault at least.
    Since I've engaged in PLENTY of fan theorization in the past shows, I'll do so here, too, but I'll use spoiler tags just for the hell of it.

We know the Variant "villain" is also Loki. Mobius didn't actually say [I]what [/I]Loki. Or how he became variant. We can assume it must've happened at some point in the "proper" Loki timeline, and they're certainly IMPLYING it's a much "earlier" Loki. What if it isn't? What if, instead, it's another variant from anywhere in the years between the, ugh. Pause.

There's two Lokis. Let's call them MCLoki and VLoki. Main Character and Villain.

MCLoki is from the past, years before the Snap let alone the return. Vloki could be a Loki from literally any later point. The TVA isn't temporal; linear time is irrelevant. Maybe they used illusions to try and escape being choked to death by Thanos. Who knows? We'll find out. My point is, Vloki isn't automatically the more-villainous one of the two. Or even particularly different than MCLoki. Hell, these may not be the only two Loki variants there's been.

We've also heard rumors we're getting a female Loki at some point here. Which is fun.

What if Vloki's running around as female? What if she and MCLoki, like, [i]hit it off[/i]. Who does Loki love more than Loki? I think we'll get MAYBE 3-4 episodes of MCLoki being a good little Variant minion before he decides all this TVA nonsense is garbage and he's done with all of it. I think both Lokis are gonna team up, to bring down the TVA, which is going to become more and more villainous in tone. I think MCLoki is potentially the more self-interested of the two, even, and Vloki's actually the better of the two of them.

And this is REAL weird, but I saw a video by a Youtuber (Nando v Movies, maybe?) who discussed the possibility of a "kid Loki" to pad out a potential "young Avengers" team, as there's a lot of members showing up (Wanda's kids, gone now but could come back, like, any time, Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop, etc). "Kid Loki" could be; MCLoki and VLoki's biological kid.

And before you say that's crazy, is it crazier than Loki giving birth to a horse with eight legs?

The show is titled "Loki". Not "The Time Variance Authority". Not "Loki and the TVA". The show is fundamentally about Loki.

Pandaren Monk
    Since I've engaged in PLENTY of fan theorization in the past shows, I'll do so here, too, but I'll use spoiler tags just for the hell of it.

We know the Variant "villain" is also Loki. Mobius didn't actually say [I]what [/I]Loki. Or how he became variant. We can assume it must've happened at some point in the "proper" Loki timeline, and they're certainly IMPLYING it's a much "earlier" Loki. What if it isn't? What if, instead, it's another variant from anywhere in the years between the, ugh. Pause.

There's two Lokis. Let's call them MCLoki and VLoki. Main Character and Villain.

MCLoki is from the past, years before the Snap let alone the return. Vloki could be a Loki from literally any later point. The TVA isn't temporal; linear time is irrelevant. Maybe they used illusions to try and escape being choked to death by Thanos. Who knows? We'll find out. My point is, Vloki isn't automatically the more-villainous one of the two. Or even particularly different than MCLoki. Hell, these may not be the only two Loki variants there's been.

We've also heard rumors we're getting a female Loki at some point here. Which is fun.

What if Vloki's running around as female? What if she and MCLoki, like, [i]hit it off[/i]. Who does Loki love more than Loki? I think we'll get MAYBE 3-4 episodes of MCLoki being a good little Variant minion before he decides all this TVA nonsense is garbage and he's done with all of it. I think both Lokis are gonna team up, to bring down the TVA, which is going to become more and more villainous in tone. I think MCLoki is potentially the more self-interested of the two, even, and Vloki's actually the better of the two of them.

And this is REAL weird, but I saw a video by a Youtuber (Nando v Movies, maybe?) who discussed the possibility of a "kid Loki" to pad out a potential "young Avengers" team, as there's a lot of members showing up (Wanda's kids, gone now but could come back, like, any time, Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop, etc). "Kid Loki" could be; MCLoki and VLoki's biological kid.

And before you say that's crazy, is it crazier than Loki giving birth to a horse with eight legs?

The show is titled "Loki". Not "The Time Variance Authority". Not "Loki and the TVA". The show is fundamentally about Loki.
    I think everything in your spoiler tags would be a hoot. That's the treasure with Loki, and maybe that's why Feige and co. just spelled out the multiverse bit, because that bits irrelevant (or obvious might be more accurate) and instead its just about what insane nonsense Loki can and will cook up. I'm not sure if this line was intentional or not, but when Mobius is asking Loki questions, going through his list of atrocities, Loki says "you don't understand my humor" or something along those lines. Considering that turning into a snake and stabbing Thor is absolutely hilarious to him; I agree, I don't expect Loki to just play the good teammate for too long.

There's also his reaction to his own death to consider. Which I think might be more in favor of your theory that VLoki could be a future Loki. MCLoki, resolving to save his own life while trying to pull one over on the time keepers by making it seem like he still died on the ship does feel like a Loki thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

Loved the Fallout vibe in TVA.

first episode was pretty solid for introduction and had some real cool moments, the part where the infinite stones are show, and to be meaningless is quite interesting, didn't loki grabbed one of the timestone and pocket? hope that is something they use later.

I think it is pretty safe to assume the "villain" will be Lady loki, otherwise they would have showed the face with Tom smile.

I just hope they don't kill off this variant, and it became the main one, still think Loki would be a good villain Thanos-like for a marvel phase movies, if he gains enough power, he is one of the "ancient" races like asgardians, by being a frost giant

I'm not going to theorize much, but I have to say, the premise of this show with the TVA is possibly the most interesting I've got from the MCU since possibly Civil War while I also had the most fun since Ragnarok.

No idea what's going to happen, but I dig it. Solid first episode. Bonus point for shirtless Loki.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

TVA's power over the timelines is not absolute. They're challenged by Kang and other entities with powers over time.
    Also, that judge is Ravonna - another link to Kang/Nathan Richards.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

Maybe its just because I didn't watch her series, so don't really even think about her, but people seem to have spotted someone that looks awfully like Agent Carter coming out of one of the TVA door/void things behind Loki.

Fun little Easter egg, or some deeper meaning?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well, TVA is a retrofuture style, which Fallout is too.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Maybe its just because I didn't watch her series, so don't really even think about her, but people seem to have spotted someone that looks awfully like Agent Carter coming out of one of the TVA door/void things behind Loki.

it could be because when cap went back in time to live with her he prob created a new branch in the timeline or a nexus.

Like we know, this might as well created a ton of new branches and one of then maybe agent carter is a time criminal

And apparently it doe snot take much for you to be one and get fucked

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Maybe it’s the what if version.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Has a very 70's office vibe going for it. hell, it even has the popular orange tone from that era.

Its going to be weird in the future, our cultural zeitgeist in cinema is so religiously dependent on 20th century technology for certain aesthetics that I'm not sure how the next 30-50 years of film are going to look when those who grew up with that tech are long dead. Just thinking out loud on that part.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's MCU theory time! Mephisto? Secret Invasion? Kang? Secret War?

The Avengers mucked around with time allowing Loki's variant to escape.

Skrulls are impersoniting people (Spider-Man 2)

Wanda is a Nexus Being (don't know how she wouldn't be at this point). Wanda is an untrained Nexus Being attempting to reach into other realities.

Earth's heroes have reached the point where the Eternals decide to say hello

There's an impending Nexus event

Place your story bets!
    Mephisto, no. The creator already stated as such. Secret Wars tie-in? Possibly, as we saw a Skrull in the lobby. Kang? Possibly since we know he is an upcoming villain and has ties with the TVA in the comics.

Loki's file said Sex: Fluid because the Loki the TVA is hunting is Lady Loki.
    Last edited by MrMatticus; 2021-06-12 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Mephisto, no. The creator already stated as such. Secret Wars tie-in? Possibly, as we saw a Skrull in the lobby. Kang? Possibly since we know he is an upcoming villain and has ties with the TVA in the comics.

Loki's file said Gender: Fluid because the Loki the TVA is hunting is Lady Loki.
    Mephisto is a meme. I forgot that Secret Invasion is an upcoming show, Secret War would (should) span multiple phases like 3 phases = Infinity Stones arc. I've been like the Lady Loki theory. Didn't know Kang was already confirmed but that makes a little excited about the future. Also adds credibility to speculation that the TVA isn't going to be central in the Loki story.

Resident Cosplay Progressive