Thread: [TV] Loki

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The scale of this show just got ridiculous lol they literally went to God's house like who is more powerful than that

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    but but but but....

IF Kang prime eventually prunes all other kangs to create the sacred timeline.
    And Sylvie kills KP outside the timeline resulting in the sacred timeline splitting again as if it never existed.
    Wouldn't that mean that another KP would also then exist that would have again created the sacred timeline?

Read that they've announced a second season, noice.
    Yeah, they announced it officially during the credits… And while He Who Remains/Immortus said it would end with another version of him, he also said it would first spark another multiversal war. That’s where Loki is now and Doctor Strange will be when Multiverse of Madness releases. The assumption right now is Spider-Man will also be doing multiverse stuff since we know people from other Spider movies are in it. In Quantumania the main villain is Kang the Conqueror and that’s still 2 years out. So should be lots of multiverse stuff for at least that long, if not longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    The scale of this show just got ridiculous lol they literally went to God's house like who is more powerful than that
    He’s not literally God. He’s someone who manipulates the timeline to ensure that his is the only one that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I think my point still stands regardless of quibbling over the name of He Who Remains and other versions of him.
    I didn't say you're wrong, maybe you don't know what I'm refering to? In that case I'm not going to spoil it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s not literally God. He’s someone who manipulates the timeline to ensure that his is the only one that exists.
    As far as superpowers go, he is basically just a very intelligent and determained guy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I didn't say you're wrong, maybe you don't know what I'm refering to? In that case I'm not going to spoil it.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as superpowers go, he is basically just a very intelligent and determained guy.
    Who put himself in a timeloop where he continually prunes other versions of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've watched the show and know enough Kang lore to know that he's got several comic incarnations that range through various degrees of heroism/villainy.

Unsure what you are referring to if it doesn't allude to that tbh

I just saw that originally there was going to be a King Loki with Throg scene in episode 1, which would have made the jar a call back. I kinda wish that had happened.

but but but but....

IF Kang prime eventually prunes all other kangs to create the sacred timeline.
    And Sylvie kills KP outside the timeline resulting in the sacred timeline splitting again as if it never existed.
    Wouldn't that mean that another KP would also then exist that would have again created the sacred timeline?
    He Who Remains literally lays this out. It's the choice Sylvie makes.

1> You can have control of the TVA, do whatever you want with it, it's your mess when it goes to hell.
    2> You have your petty revenge and kill me, in which case everything goes to hell, the multiversal wars with Kangs at their helms starts off again, some Kang somewhere pulls off what I did once upon an eon ago, and wins that war, and builds the TVA to ensure no other competitors ever rise up again, bringing us right back to exactly where we are right now all over again. It's why he doesn't care if Sylvie kills him; some version of him will be back and this will all happen again. Her act fundamentally changes nothing, in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Wouldn't that mean though that the universes that don't get pruned would still make a Kang? Are they guaranteed to be a good one?
    It's a good question, imo.

Why let Gator Loki's universe exist, if it leads to maybe a Jackal Kang who fights in the multiversal war? Why not snip the whole thing down to where it diverged from He Who Remains (HWR from here on out)'s timeline? If we're viewing these timelines in regards to what HWR holds "sacred" (IE, leads to him and his confrontation with the Lokis), you only need the MCU timeline, and Sylvie's timeline.

Unless the argument now becomes that you need Classic Loki's timeline, and Gator Loki's timeline, and all the Lokis timelines, and Ravonna's timeline, and Mobius's timeline, and B-15's timeline.......all for the purpose of "being on the journey" that Loki goes through, making him who he is as he sits in front of HWR at the Citadel at the End of Time. Which would be, as Malcolm Reynolds used to say, poetical, in that the very premise laid out in ep1 is Loki doesn't exist for himself - but exists to make everyone else (like his brother better)....but in this instance, everyone exists....to make Loki better.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Why let Gator Loki's universe exist, if it leads to maybe a Jackal Kang who fights in the multiversal war? Why not snip the whole thing down to where it diverged from He Who Remains (HWR from here on out)'s timeline? If we're viewing these timelines in regards to what HWR holds "sacred" (IE, leads to him and his confrontation with the Lokis), you only need the MCU timeline, and Sylvie's timeline.

Unless the argument now becomes that you need Classic Loki's timeline, and Gator Loki's timeline, and all the Lokis timelines, and Ravonna's timeline, and Mobius's timeline, and B-15's timeline.......all for the purpose of "being on the journey" that Loki goes through, making him who he is as he sits in front of HWR at the Citadel at the End of Time. Which would be, as Malcolm Reynolds used to say, poetical, in that the very premise laid out in ep1 is Loki doesn't exist for himself - but exists to make everyone else (like his brother better)....but in this instance, everyone exists....to make Loki better.
    As so often with time-travel fiction, "it had to be like that" is the joker you need to pull somewhere, because the time travel technology described could be used to do all sorts of paradoxical, illogical, or simply narratively boring things - and the only reason you don't end up in that kind of mess is that as some point the writer pulls a "well, BECAUSE".

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

I mean, you folks are acting like Gator Loki definitely comes from Animal Asgard. When we canonically know that turning himself into reptiles is 100% a Loki thing. There are so many other possible explanations.

What if.... the dangerous "threshold" that everyone was going on about is nothing but that timeline's potential to create a Kang? I mean, we don't know what that threshold is exactly, we were theorizing about it at the beginning. But the threshold is something that 'He who remains' must have set up and he gets to define it.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, you folks are acting like Gator Loki definitely comes from Animal Asgard. When we canonically know that turning himself into reptiles is 100% a Loki thing. There are so many other possible explanations.
    Yes, the main Loki and even the main variant we follow both had turned themselves into a snake at someone point.
    I don't see how it is beyond reasonable that one Loki may have liked being an animal.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I am confident Majors can play anything. I just didn't think this version of Kang was all that compelling. He was eccentric in a way that seemed overly comical to me. Like when he squats on the desk or picks his nose. It just felt really silly in an obvious way.
    He felt like another Grandmaster to me minus Goldblum

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, the main Loki and even the main variant we follow both had turned themselves into a snake at someone point.
    I don't see how it is beyond reasonable that one Loki may have liked being an animal.
    Or managed to turn into a gator, but ultimately failed to get back to the original form, remaining a gator Loki for the rest of its (his?/her?) existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    What if.... the dangerous "threshold" that everyone was going on about is nothing but that timeline's potential to create a Kang? I mean, we don't know what that threshold is exactly, we were theorizing about it at the beginning. But the threshold is something that 'He who remains' must have set up and he gets to define it.
    He defined it as the point where he doesn't know anymore what will happen. I'm sure it involved the Lokis' final decision about HWR's fate. Nothing to do with other Kangs, who will eventually emerge if the sacred timeline was allowed to branch.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He Who Remains literally lays this out. It's the choice Sylvie makes.

1> You can have control of the TVA, do whatever you want with it, it's your mess when it goes to hell.
    2> You have your petty revenge and kill me, in which case everything goes to hell, the multiversal wars with Kangs at their helms starts off again, some Kang somewhere pulls off what I did once upon an eon ago, and wins that war, and builds the TVA to ensure no other competitors ever rise up again, bringing us right back to exactly where we are right now all over again. It's why he doesn't care if Sylvie kills him; some version of him will be back and this will all happen again. Her act fundamentally changes nothing, in the long run.
    but that makes no sense because by that logic a new sacred timeline should exist again. but it's a multiverse now.

but that makes no sense because by that logic a new sacred timeline should exist again. but it's a multiverse now.
    Not right away. The Multiversal War still needs to happen. You're trying to force a linear, unchanging time framework onto a system that is explicitly nonlinear and constantly mutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Or managed to turn into a gator, but ultimately failed to get back to the original form, remaining a gator Loki for the rest of its (his?/her?) existence.

- - - Updated - - -

He defined it as the point where he doesn't know anymore what will happen. I'm sure it involved the Lokis' final decision about HWR's fate. Nothing to do with other Kangs, who will eventually emerge if the sacred timeline was allowed to branch.
    But the threshold wasn't only in the last episode. Every time the TVA steps in it has before a new branch reaches that threshold, otherwise the 'Timeline can't be reset anymore'. Plus Kangs that 'eventually emerge' is not what we see in the episode. What we see is that the timeline Loki goes to, even before HWR is dead, but after the threshold is crossed, is already taken over by Kang, hence my thought that said threshold has something to do with the emergence of a Kang variant. Which would also neatly explain why you can deviate from your 'destiny' up to a certain point. That point seemed quite arbitrary up to the last episode, but if the threshold is 'emergence of a Kang', it would be explained.
    And they specifically showed Mobius and B15 messing up the TVA, creating ruckus on the timeline and keeping Hunters from pruning stuff. Why would that suddenly not matter anymore, when all of the series was about the TVA having to prune stuff in time? At that point they don't, so there's timebranches that cross the threshold. You don't need a different explanation about Lokis making up their minds, when all of the series was already about what happens when the TVA don't do their job anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Sounds like he already got rid of all the other Kangs. Why would it matter what way other timelines branched after that if he had already wiped out the Kangs from those time lines?

Over all i found the show to be pretty meh. Odd that a guy who was powerful enought to last through all time and had whole time lines eradicated snuffs it when some one just walks up and stabs him. I guess he was just super smart with no super powers. Still a bit stupid imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Sounds like he already got rid of all the other Kangs. Why would it matter what way other timelines branched after that if he had already wiped out the Kangs from those time lines?
    The only way to "wipe out those Kangs" is to prevent their timelines from ever existing. Otherwise, the timeline would keep splitting, and he'd have a constant and unending multiversal war on his hands. That's what was happening, before he got this idea in his head. It's the use of the TVA to cut those timelines off that allowed He Who Remains to win the Multiversal War, in the first place.

Over all i found the show to be pretty meh. Odd that a guy who was powerful enought to last through all time and had whole time lines eradicated snuffs it when some one just walks up and stabs him. I guess he was just super smart with no super powers. Still a bit stupid imho.
    He's incredibly old and has lost any real desire to live. He doesn't care if he dies in the first place. That's why he invites Sylvie to kill him. He wants it all to be over. Either by the Lokis taking the reins and letting him retire to die in peace, or killing him and starting the cycle again where some fresh version of himself can do the work because he's just done.

He literally explains this straight-up.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    But the threshold wasn't only in the last episode. Every time the TVA steps in it has before a new branch reaches that threshold, otherwise the 'Timeline can't be reset anymore'. Plus Kangs that 'eventually emerge' is not what we see in the episode. What we see is that the timeline Loki goes to, even before HWR is dead, but after the threshold is crossed, is already taken over by Kang, hence my thought that said threshold has something to do with the emergence of a Kang variant. Which would also neatly explain why you can deviate from your 'destiny' up to a certain point. That point seemed quite arbitrary up to the last episode, but if the threshold is 'emergence of a Kang', it would be explained.
    And they specifically showed Mobius and B15 messing up the TVA, creating ruckus on the timeline and keeping Hunters from pruning stuff. Why would that suddenly not matter anymore, when all of the series was about the TVA having to prune stuff in time? At that point they don't, so there's timebranches that cross the threshold. You don't need a different explanation about Lokis making up their minds, when all of the series was already about what happens when the TVA don't do their job anymore.
    You're confusing the Threshold HWR mentions with the time branching above the red line TVA monitors and prunes, whenever exceeded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    It's not a one time thing. It happens constantly and the sacred timeline has to be protected continuously, whenever a nexus event arises. If left unchecked, branches will appear. As we see it happening, just before HWR's death.
    /spit@Blizzard