Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    KEKW.. next - glad mount either lowered or same model added for something else. Rip wow.

i've already got my elite set for the season so idk why you keep assuming i can't get combatant, i'm just stating facts. a healthy pvp ladder should not DEFLATE over time and half the ladder not being able to get combatant should be setting off a ton of red flags for blizzard. you don't get a booster every game, but they show up enough to change ladder ratings across the board. people get boosted, people they beat either quit or get a boost themselves, then we end up with a snowball effect where less skilled players dropped out entirely and you end up with a lot more boosters sticking around making insane amounts of gold/cash. total games played per day has also fallen off a cliff. it is a huge problem and a problem unique to shadowlands, we've never had it spiral out of control like this before.

you can argue 1400 is nothing and if this were any other season i'd 100% agree with you, but more people having AOTC than combatant is fine to you? get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    KEKW.. next - glad mount either lowered or same model added for something else. Rip wow.
    There's been a lot of unique Gladiator mounts that all eventually became available to non-gladiators in a slightly modified model. The latest of which was the Ivory Cloud Serpent from MoP.

I think the Warlords of Draenor fel gronnling mounts are probably the closest thing to a truly unique gladiator mount these days.

Heck, the Infernal mounts from Legion were originally datamined as Gladiator mounts but were eventually changed to the Gul'dan drops we know today. And the Storm Drakes which were originally exclusive to Gladiators became available in a non-armored version from Paragon boxes.

Even the Frostwyrms in WotLK which started out as gladiator mounts eventually became available to everyone else as ICC meta achievement mounts.

I think you should expect the Winged Soul Eaters to be available to non-gladiators at some point in the expansion, though in a slightly modified version, like one without armor.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-05-05 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Can anyone confirm this is for the saddles too?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    nice change too bad its not worth starting now
    shit take but ok.

Hows it not worth starting if we arent gonna get the patch for what seems like another 2 months? PLENTY of time to get this mount done.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    shit take but ok.

Hows it not worth starting if we arent gonna get the patch for what seems like another 2 months? PLENTY of time to get this mount done.
    i haven't pvpd in ages and gear wise im too far behind all the people in the low brackets with massive rating and full glad gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I don't think you lost rating till 1400 do you? I can't recall the exact point where you do but its pretty damn close to it.
    In RBGs, you lose rating starting at 1300 - You can't go below this. Keep in mind in BfA you lost rating starting at 1500.

In arena/pvp, I believe the minimum floor is 1100 - I haven't seen anyone below that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I was 35% into my spider pretty early in the season but have barely done any pvp since. This might actually get me to do some casual 2s or 3s to finally knock the mount off my list.

It's pretty much the last thing I really wanted to get before 9.1, but I had all but lost my motivation.

I guess having less than 300 versatility doesn't really help in finding groups either, but since you now will always gain progress on wins after reaching 1K rating, the winrate won't actually matter.
    Youll get faster % in 3's and the higher past 1000. So if you're already at 1400+++ you'll gain % off wins much quicker. The end of the season is probably a month away so getting in probably 10-15 wins a week should get you the mount. Keep up the good work!

People seem to vastly overestimate the actual amount of boosters. Like, assuming that everyone geared above the bracket is either boosting or boosted, even though in most cases, they just got gear in another bracket (especially RBGs, but 3v3 also has less deflation than 2v2).

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    i've already got my elite set for the season so idk why you keep assuming i can't get combatant, i'm just stating facts. a healthy pvp ladder should not DEFLATE over time and half the ladder not being able to get combatant should be setting off a ton of red flags for blizzard. you don't get a booster every game, but they show up enough to change ladder ratings across the board. people get boosted, people they beat either quit or get a boost themselves, then we end up with a snowball effect where less skilled players dropped out entirely and you end up with a lot more boosters sticking around making insane amounts of gold/cash. total games played per day has also fallen off a cliff. it is a huge problem and a problem unique to shadowlands, we've never had it spiral out of control like this before.

you can argue 1400 is nothing and if this were any other season i'd 100% agree with you, but more people having AOTC than combatant is fine to you? get real.
    Insanity is trying to reason with people having a financial stake in something. Naturally people doing the boosting will downplay or strawman that boosting has existed even before WoW. But the wowtoken hasn’t been a thing for the entirety of wow. And then they’ll point out why was there no “issue” of this magnitude back in WoD? Rome wasn’t built in a day, nor do problems with games happen over night. They fester for months and years.

And as for blizzard they are probably only doing something cause enough people noted in their reasons for unsubbing that pvp was unapproachable or wanted to “correct” the issue so that it doesn’t actually reach the soccer mom news feed in a few months (meaning 100% mainstream news). But before this they were perfectly okay with it happening because it fueled token sales. Which has managed to make up for the overall drop in people playing blizz games in the past 3 years.

And it’s why they did this today too: https://www.wowhead.com/news/multi-b...ing-now-322196

All cost benefit analysis predictions and them determining the negative impact multiboxers would have on the community outweighed their contributions.

lmao, change for nabs.

wow. so you basically get a mount for being the biggest casual of all time? i mean come on. i know about the whole boosting issue and i dont like boosters as well but to lower the rating for the mount wont do shit against boosters.

also i dont understand why blizz lowered the rating at all, i mean if you cant get 1400 rating you may have to practice a little more. you dont even need gear to play at this rating and win games, but the community will cry when something isnt easy to achieve, thats why wow is at such state i miss the days when gear/mounts meant something

Only reason they have even this amount of subs is people waiting on TBC classic so they have to do something to keep more people interested.

Aaand once even they are disappointed, I wonder what will their next move be.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

I startes 2s several weeks ago. Was pretty hard, we faced aganist 220 ilvl players many times. Not equal chance. My friend quit pvp because of this. I want from pvp only this mont. Dont care high rating, dont care titles, only this mount. I earn ratings in 2s 3s and only wins need. Want this mount because is unique. Was unique. Too many time we put into. Now players can obtained it without loose rating. Think maybe better option to add to the saddle mounts in s2 instead of this.
    I hope blizz will fix the issues of s1 and players will have equal chance. This ilvl difference simply to high.
    You payed gold or 350euro to boost to earn mount?
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Damno; 2021-05-06 at 07:18 AM.

its a good change in general, i am usually never lower than rival/duelist, but lets see the whole picture here. There is not that much participation in arena/rbgs than in mythic+/raids, and exclusive mounts is something that will put a carrot in their way to try something new.

Many people did not ever enter the arena or just afraid of it, doesn't hurt to provide newcomers with more cosmetic rewards.

Doesn't change the fact, that starter conquest gear is way too low lvl and boosting will continue to ruin 2vs2, though.

Personally i would elminate 2vs2 with healers and do it like skirmish, you can't get glad anyways there, with gear changes coming in 9.1. there should be a problem with gear either overlapping with pve.

Boosting arenas for gear to use in pve is really pathetic. Best fix would be back to resilence and pvp sets, ilvl should rather stay untouched, but well, its Ion's game.

when will this mount no longer be obtainable? or - does it change to purchasable from marks?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    lmao, change for nabs.
    All pvpers are nabs.

condemn warriors who don't even have hamstring bound will blame their inability to break 1400 on boosters

if you're facing a boost, kill the weakest link

if you can't 2v1 someone when you are in 213 gear it's because you're bad at the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    There's been a lot of unique Gladiator mounts that all eventually became available to non-gladiators in a slightly modified model. The latest of which was the Ivory Cloud Serpent from MoP.

I think the Warlords of Draenor fel gronnling mounts are probably the closest thing to a truly unique gladiator mount these days.

Heck, the Infernal mounts from Legion were originally datamined as Gladiator mounts but were eventually changed to the Gul'dan drops we know today. And the Storm Drakes which were originally exclusive to Gladiators became available in a non-armored version from Paragon boxes.

Even the Frostwyrms in WotLK which started out as gladiator mounts eventually became available to everyone else as ICC meta achievement mounts.

I think you should expect the Winged Soul Eaters to be available to non-gladiators at some point in the expansion, though in a slightly modified version, like one without armor.
    probably true.

In RBGs, you lose rating starting at 1300 - You can't go below this. Keep in mind in BfA you lost rating starting at 1500.

In arena/pvp, I believe the minimum floor is 1100 - I haven't seen anyone below that.
    Late answer but that's because I haven't seen this thread on mmo before, you can lose rating even around 940 rating, I had it, and before the "you're a noob" comments, in a rated bg you're only making up 10% of your team, and when you don't have any specific achis higher than 1,6k to link you need to join very casual groups, such as "rbg cap", "1-3-6", "just for fun" etc., you don't have the option to join better ones, and win ratio even doing the max you can is 33-40%, so I first started losing rating after around 5 wins around 940, but the rating lost was pretty low, 3-5 per game, winning a game at that point gave only 15 or so, but then consecutive wins really matter (which can be a problem in pugs and very casual groups only, cause people can sometimes leave even when you win, making it very likely that you lose the next games while you're trying to find another decent team) and as soon as we managed 2 consecutive wins, the 2nd (which was a 9 vs 10 win since a ret pala had the good idea to leave, almost causing a loss in gilneas) gave 160 rating and brought me to a safe amount of rating, and then while trying later on I've sometimes had jumps like this and eventually hit 1570 max, so in line with other seasons, but definitely it's possible to lose rating before 1.000, even without a horrible win ratio, it's all about mmr, and even in bfa it was possible to lose rating around 1300, so getting the progress for saddle didn't happen for a while in s2 for me, till I had some good teams to gain 100+ rating per win.