Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    They would still be bannable under these new rules though.
    I mean sure, no rule or law is 100% effective, but the days of seeing one druid split into 5 and being zapped down without being able to do much about it are done.
    No they wouldn't, they're not input mirroring.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    I could probably do that job.
    I'd do it for free.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheheh my sniper rifle is ready. xD

Finally!
    Though I feel "automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way" is way too broad and vague and opens too much possibility of disputes and lawyering around.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Finally!
    Though I feel "automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way" is way too broad and vague and opens too much possibility of disputes and lawyering around.
    Its because you can also get hardware to send inputs to a second client etc. I think its worded vaguely enough so that people cant try to find a loophole via a specific new keyboard or mouse or other hardware to excuse it. Its essentially an outright 'any form of automation to extra clients is against the rules now' .

People wondering why it wasnt sooner, probably because it was so hard to detect accurately to clamp down on safely. Also there was almost no benefit earlier in WoW to automated multiboxxing as loot was group loot, single corpse and single resource nodes meaning you didnt get 5x times the loot for the same action just because you multiboxed 5 characters at once. Also software and hardware have advanced a great deal.

Can still multibox via alt tab etc just fine. Can still use it to herb etc if you want as you get enough grace period to get through 5+ characters herbing at once.

5+ Year Old Account
    Finally, because that was already ridiculous especially in world pvp. Annoying too because it doesn’t add any significant character personality to the game, rather than pointless farming clones. If that will reduce latency issues then that’s even better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Finally Blizzard made the move. The problem might look multiboxing or grinding gold with more efficient ways but they miss the real problem. People who buys and sells GOLD! You prevent them selling/buying, problem will be solved.
    They ban people who sell gold all the time, and even added their own service to sell it which is risk-free. What more do you want?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Glorious to see another nail in the coffin for multiboxing as well.

They are getting a bit out of hand.

Now they just need to announce more GM positions to handle botting reports faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    They would still be bannable under these new rules though.
    I mean sure, no rule or law is 100% effective, but the days of seeing one druid split into 5 and being zapped down without being able to do much about it are done.
    Tab-boxing is not against the rules.

The rules are for action transmitting and hardware macroing to control multiple accounts at the same time.

Tabbing windows to repeat an action or put on follow is not against the new rules or the old.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Convenient that they just had a 20% sale for multiboxers to buy loads of expansions. I guess they can get refunds in B.net balance or something.
    Curious to see how it will affect the herb/consumable markets.
    Item level means NOTHING. It is merely a way for Blizzard to categorize their items. Sure, there's a system, but judge the *item* not it's level.* (Archangel-wowhead forums-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Finally, because that was already ridiculous especially in world pvp. Annoying too because it doesn’t add any significant character personality to the game, rather than pointless farming clones. If that will reduce latency issues then that’s even better.
    PvP aspect is so strange for me. I have literally only been killed once by them in last 6 years. Not that I saw them often either.

This is such a strange issue to focus on, like I could understand virtual keystroke detection to deal with bots, but to fuck with multiboxers? What's the point? It's such a niche activity already, no matter the effect, at least it adds to the lore of the mmo experience.

I used to have 2 accounts and play them with a Multibox software back in Cataclysm. I used it to RAF myself and queued dungeons as a tank while the 2nd account was a druid healer, worked really well and a lot of fun knowing that I won't die from bad healers as a tank. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Determined people will still get around it.

And at the same time, I wish they would revert.... herb prices are far too high.
    Pretty much this. Banning bots and "nerfing" multiboxing is cool and all, but it does mean mats go up in price which has more of a negative impact on me than bots/multiboxers existing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Finally!
    Lawyering around? Good luck with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty much this. Banning bots and "nerfing" multiboxing is cool and all, but it does mean mats go up in price which has more of a negative impact on me than bots/multiboxers existing.
    Other than farming our own mats this is something they can look into by lowering mats needed for crafting for example, question is if they will bother doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

For me, Multiboxing didn't ruin the market, people sitting on the AH mount outside of mailboxes with TSM running perma in the background kill the market, they have so much control and make so much more gold then a multi-boxer imo.

Someone joked about 29% of the player base gone but it's pretty accurate, blizzard are killing their own game imo, Shadowlands has been pathetic, really long wait for anything new to do in game, certain areas of the game are just boring as hell (i still play all areas including torg and the maw) an I don't want to hear the covid sob story, there are free to play games out there that have still released regular content.

I will admit, I used to multi-box, i had a 5 man team capped at level 20 i used to run deadmines on while i waited for my raid group or M+ team to get online. can someone explain how that damaged the market? I didn't even loot most of the time cause that wasn't why i was there. It was to pass the time.

Anyway, ban mutli-boxing, they will still do it, they can make enough gold to keep buying new accounts cause blizzard take that long to take action, ban addons that interact with the AH while your not even at the PC (TSM) or just leave it all alone cause all i see while i am doing quests is empty zones, but Oribos is full of people AFK selling runs or just running around in a circle.

Yes i will get hate from this, cause the AH bots don't like you trying to take away their TSM afk sitting on a mount at box fun. (ever server i play has someone in some city doing this and they are pretty much there all day from what i have seen)

Just complement this change, with reduced graceperiod for resourcenodes. Then they can multibox and tab-command all they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsei View Post
    ban addons that interact with the AH while your not even at the PC (TSM)
    TSM does not have an automated functionality outside of scanning the AH for a defined list of items, every purchase and (re)list of an item requires a manual input.
    If people use TSM that way, they're combining it with a bot that does the manual input for them, which is against the ToS as botting software aren't allowed.

TSM isn't the problem, the software that does the input is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time."

Well, I'm glad they noticed that people are not fond of multiboxers. It took more than a decade of constant whining about it, but better late than never, I guess...