Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Nope, can you please explain how corporations are the same thing as an authoritarian government that is currently conducting genocide?
    It's self limiting free speech. First you let the media companies do it to stuff you don't agree with, then the government start doing it, then they start censoring things *they* don't agree with. It's a classic tactic. Remember how we were so against microtransactions of ANY kind in a game? And now we are like 'well as long as it xyz', that's what happens. They get you used to one step on the path and then they take the next. The retarded replies here really shows the ignorance in society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

yes, because US companies banning people who intentionally spread dangerous misinformation, hate, or downright DANGEROUS messaging intended to hurt people using private platforms that say "don't act bad or be banned".... is the same thing as a foreign government basically telling the entire world that they can't badmouth them or else.

you are truly clueless, and your victim desperation complex is showing. get over it. act like a man, something ur former president never once did in his life
    My country doesn't have a president.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You think companies taking down content that is nothing but lies designed to cause unrest and directly lead to an armed insurrection attempt in the US is equivalent to China pretending Taiwan is not a country and destroying Democracy in Hong Kong?

Guess you still think Trump was cheated out of a second term right?
    You guys are obsessed with Trump. I'm talking about free speech here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You think companies taking down content that is nothing but lies designed to cause unrest and directly lead to an armed insurrection attempt in the US is equivalent to China pretending Taiwan is not a country and destroying Democracy in Hong Kong?

Guess you still think Trump was cheated out of a second term right?
    they dont think trump was cheated,they LITERALY think hes still president,these people are either super trolls,or have some serious issues

im confused by some of you... so are we for or against china?

also some ppl say that blizzard is the lapdog of china for money.. (as if you also wouldnt do things for money)
    but arent some of you blizzard lapdogs for entertainment?

just looking for some clarity here.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    It's self limiting free speech.
    that's not a contradictory position when you realize that not all speech is equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Atleast we aren't burning people in the street anymore.
    I mean, it hasn't been too many years since the last time that happened so I'm not sure if "anymore" qualifies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    they dont think trump was cheated,they LITERALY think hes still president,these people are either super trolls,or have some serious issues
    Thanks for talking for me. I wasn't talking about Trump and I couldn't give two shits what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that's not a contradictory position when you realize that not all speech is equal.
    It is when you let companies and the government make that decision for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    https://kotaku.com/chinese-overwatch...lay-1846828529

We got another Blitzchung situation developing here...
    That incident was handled close to perfection.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Winnie the Pooh got them by the balls.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

West Taiwan is at it again.

I really wish Blizzard wouldn't cave to this, but they inevitably will.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Haha ... this is almost popcorn moment.

If they bow to china, they are questioning the integrity of their esport, right?
    If they don't bow to china, there are going to be consequences for doing so and they lose a lot of money?

They are totally going to bow to china's communist party, but its funny how they even get to this situation.
    Last edited by Morae; 2021-05-06 at 07:23 PM.

I wonder how many people here hate commercial trade with China and are also stalwart defenders of capitalism and the free market. Im sure theres tons of overlap..

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    We've just found more creative, passive aggressive ways to do it.
    Comparing 'cancel culture' to being literally burned in the streets without even an ounce of self awareness might be the funniest thing I've seen on this site so far.

I hope they don't cave. It's Blizzard though, so we'll see.

It is when you let companies and the government make that decision for you.
    what? what decision is that?

This is oh wonderful!

The truth is with money, free market, economy, etc... is that these things are NOT set in stone.
    "free" market, where every CUSTOMER has a solid, 100% idea of what THEY want? Where does it exist? In theory books, nowhere else.
    Smart people figured it out pretty soon, and they can skew the market however they please. Supply and demand xD yeah...

Capitalism would be really good IF we've implemented it's theory with all the rules. But we're not.
    It will collapse just like communism did... or every other "empire" before. We will find a new god to worship instead of money.

Just think about it... in the dark ages people followed the ones with greater "religious" power - it's exactly the same as today, where "religious power" means money. And just like before, the higher ups twist "religion" however they please.

Ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    im confused by some of you...
    I'm confused by the threads you make.

Can we all agree on "Who gives a damn what the pro-fascist Chinese government and its supporters think about anything?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Taiwan is not a country though. Not even the US thinks it is. Not even Taiwan thinks it is. As far as they are concerned they are the legitimate government of China just in exile.
    Just to clarify: USA considers PRC to be the "real" China and has done so since 1971 and has no diplomatic relations with ROC (Taiwan).
    I think less than 20 countries in the world have diplomatic relations with Taiwan, although de facto Taiwan is a sovereign state, and even PRC treats Taiwan as de facto state when we talk about economic relations and such.
    It should also be mentioned that PRC and ROC have de-facto diplomatic relations, they are just maintained by institutions that aren't called embassies

ROC has largely abandoned its claim to be "the legitimate government in exile" and as I understand it the majority of the politicians and population of Taiwan think the notion of them "liberating" mainland-China to be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what? what decision is that?
    The importance of any given speech.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Companies solely exist to make "$$$$$" as you put yourself. A company that doesn't make a profit is a dead company.
    "Integrity", "care about your product" or "love for freedom" is no substitute for a profit. Welcome to the world of capitalism
    That's the outdated version of capitalism (think 80's/ 90's). That was when being "greedy" and having "opulence" was cool. Take a look around, the winds of change are blowing. That stuff is firmly rejected now. With the internet, it's easy to get the word out. People are now (financially through investments, purchasing, stock, etc) holding companies accountable for their actions. Companies are finding that acting in those outdated, greedy ways means that people stop investing in you and buying your product. Your ratings go down and you continue to tank. Just ask the CEO of Activision, who despite an insane record of success (took a company on the outs and made it into a billion dollar business) just got his pay halved due to all the fallout from his recent bonus. Why do you think companies drop people as soon as they are accused of any sexual misconduct? They know that the backlash that comes from the people will hit them in the pocket hard. That would not have happened in the 80's and 90's (and it didn't).

Watch how all this bullying through greed works out for China. They already lost billions in investment from Europe alone this year due to their bad behavior. Why do you think they are investing so heavily in their military and are so concerned about Taiwan and Hong Kong. It's not because they are confident in their position (they just want you to think that). They know these tactics don't work like they used to and that their luck is running out. Why do you think they are so sensitive of the mere words of a non famous gamer? They know they are living in a glass house. They are just betting that they can get their military strong enough in time so that it doesn't matter that their glass tower tumbles. Then they will protect their position by force and thugery, like an 80's dictator. It will match the theme of those terrible dated suits their officials wear.

It's just sad though; Like I said, China has a rich history and culture. They had real potential and they have basically become the modern version of an 80's third world dictator.....

The importance of any given speech.
    well that's just purposefully vague.