Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    https://kotaku.com/chinese-overwatch...lay-1846828529

We got another Blitzchung situation developing here...
    Missing the update that the teams are not boycotting anymore and have resumed 'normal activites'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Thanks for talking for me. I wasn't talking about Trump and I couldn't give two shits what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

It is when you let companies and the government make that decision for you.
    I didnt respond to you i responded to Gorsameth lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I didnt respond to you i responded to Gorsameth lol
    Who was responding to me, and you said 'these people'.. as in the person he was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Missing the update that the teams are not boycotting anymore and have resumed 'normal activites'.
    Odds of SBB being played at all this tournament?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    At the current, slim but possible. There is no statement of him not being on the team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    https://kotaku.com/chinese-overwatch...lay-1846828529

We got another Blitzchung situation developing here...
    This is very different from Blitzchung, until Blizzard actually does something. This is team drama saying they won't participate and in the end the reality is it's easy wins for Saebyeolbe and Dynasty.

Once Blizzard does something, that's when it would be a new Blitzchung.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if they don't want to play, disqualify and move on. I'm sure there are other teams of equal performance. No one has to bend to anything.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Fuck the CCP. They want to Boycott a non-Chinese citizen (South Korean) for criticism? Might as well ban all the westerners that did the same thing while we're at it...
    Except that China owns a significant share of ATVI. And china is a significant chunk of their revenue as well. It's not exactly a market you want to get banned from operating in.

It seems this is what you get for implementing social credit score. Bunch of fascists who want to cancel everyone else with a different opinion.
    Quite the interesting times ahead. It's just gaming here, so not super cereal but the implications if Blizzard should decide to bow down ... yikes. Who ever thought it was such a good idea to send them so much money? Now they think they can do whatever they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It wouldn't necessarily be indicative of much if that does occur. Truth his he hasn't had much if any playtime this season thus far, since he's more of a leadership/coaching figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Except that China owns a significant share of ATVI. And china is a significant chunk of their revenue as well. It's not exactly a market you want to get banned from operating in.
    Then I'd just ditch Blizzard/Activision games, I had no problem doing that with EA for the past decade and a half. Got zero desire to support a company that adheres to the coercions of a shit foreign Government (CCP).

Not like it'd matter to Blizzard in the end of the day, but I'd do away with that filth at least.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-05-06 at 11:18 PM.

Poor precious China. Boo hoo hoo. Go eat more diseased bats and quit complaining about what a foreigner said about the snowflakey leadership and their obvious global domination obsession.

If Blizzard intervene, then they are weak and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Back in our days no sane person would come up with such 'news'. Now literally every little fuss gets a drama.
    At what point in our 'IT evolution' did we allow bigots and holierthanthous govern what can and what cannot be spoken around?

News has been like this since the adoption of the 24/7 news cycle in the mid-90s. It isn't exactly new and it generates outrage clicks/views.

Also, The CCP is so damn sensitive to any criticism it almost makes it impossible not to talk shit for fun. Go into a Chinese server on Rust and say "Taiwan #1" and see the absolute shitstorm that ensues in voice chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    So if they don't want to play, disqualify and move on. I'm sure there are other teams of equal performance. No one has to bend to anything.
    Offer their spot to a Taiwanese team and watch the fireworks.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-05-06 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Back in our days no sane person would come up with such 'news'. Now literally every little fuss gets a drama.
    At what point in our 'IT evolution' did we allow bigots and holierthanthous govern what can and what cannot be spoken around?
    You just described BLM, I wonder how long for the double standard and hypocrites to come out.

Honestly they like the CCP what can we do, they probably got more reason to stand by them than him hating on a political party instead of playing the damn game.

Who was responding to me, and you said 'these people'.. as in the person he was responding to.
    well you didnt really make it clear what your stance was,but the guy i responded to just asumed,i was refering to part of their asumtion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You just described BLM, I wonder how long for the double standard and hypocrites to come out.
    imaging comparing that with people protesting being literaly genosided

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Offer their spot to a Taiwanese team and watch the fireworks.
    Actiblizzard has nothing to gain from shitting on the Chinese market, so they wouldn't. I like your idea, though.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well you didnt really make it clear what your stance was,but the guy i responded to just asumed,i was refering to part of their asumtion

- - - Updated - - -
    It's funny. People here cheering Twitter/Facebook/YouTube for taking down things that they don't agree with, and then getting angry at China for doing the exact same. See where the logical end to all this censoring it?
    I don't know how I could be clearer on my stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how I could be clearer on my stance.
    I'd suggest you try rewording it, in my experience that tends to help. If your first attempt at communication fails to convey your meaning, then isn't the next logical step to use different words to convey the same meaning and intent? I still don't understand your stance, it would be helpful if you'd attempt to clarify it.

My current understanding of your stance is that you believe there is only one possible outcome to come from any act of censorship, and thus nobody should attempt to exercise any form of censorship.

Is my current understanding of your stance correct or not? If my interpretation is faulty I'd appreciate if you could clarify on any points that I have misinterpreted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd suggest you try rewording it, in my experience that tends to help. If your first attempt at communication fails to convey your meaning, then isn't the next logical step to use different words to convey the same meaning and intent? I still don't understand your stance, it would be helpful if you'd attempt to clarify it.

My current understanding of your stance is that you believe there is only one possible outcome to come from any act of censorship, and thus nobody should attempt to exercise any form of censorship.

Is my current understanding of your stance correct or not? If my interpretation is faulty I'd appreciate if you could clarify on any points that I have misinterpreted.
    I'm saying that if we, the people, hand over control of speech and the narrative to corporations it is only a matter of time before the government start pulling the strings in the background because they are in each others pockets. I'm saying that the price for silencing flat earthers and anti-vaxxers is handing over control of our speech to the government which is where China is at.