Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who wins? An Korean pro player, who said that Hong Kong and Taiwan deserves independence... Or Chinese pro players who declare to boycott all events, until Korean pro player will not get banned?

You know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'd say cancel culture is a BILLION times worse than witch hunts or the inquisition because it is politically destabilizing the United States. The US has thousands of NUCLEAR WEAPONS. So by destabilizing the US, it risks a major political crackup where a large amount of nukes wind up in the hands of a reactionary. Cancel culture is the biggest threat to the human race that has ever existed.

We can NOT be playing these stupid games like pushing for social justice anymore. That went out the window when we developed a slew of nukes. The game is now about political stability. Either we keep the system together or this planet ends in a nuclear fireball.
    I'm against censorship, but come on... that's a real stretch. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Back in our days no sane person would come up with such 'news'. Now literally every little fuss gets a drama.
    At what point in our 'IT evolution' did we allow bigots and holierthanthous govern what can and what cannot be spoken around?
    Since all the companies want that Chinese $$$$. The Chinese gov tells people what they are allowed to say. If you don't say it the way they want you to say it, they don't let you do business in China. Bye-Bye Chinese $$$. It is solid proof that these companies have: no integrity at all, they don't care about their product at all, they have no love for freedom and they literally only care about one thing: $$$$$.

The gamers from China, in this instance, are just basically mouthpieces for their government. They face the same pressure. If they don't respond how the government wants them to respond they will likely lose their career, $$$ and maybe even be jailed and have consequences against their family.

What I don't understand is- China is a great and noble country. Once populated by emperors, scholars and monks. Rich in history and culture. How could they let this neanderthalish, thug autocracy drag them down into the mud like this is way beyond me. There are literally billions of people in China, if they rose up they could toss these degenerates out quickly and get back to respectability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Blizzard’s fate of bowing down to China too many times.
    Ye lets blame blizzard and not the country who causes all this bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    https://kotaku.com/chinese-overwatch...lay-1846828529

We got another Blitzchung situation developing here...
    Sounds like the Chinese players should lose by no-show then.

Honestly i don't get the Chinese hypersensitivity regarding Taiwan; either it is Chinese and opinions of others don't matter, or it's not.
    Their insecurity undermines their claims.

Personally i do not care either way, but so long as Taiwan is de facto not ruled from the mainland it remains independant in my eyes.
    If China wishes to change that view they will need to actually rule Taiwan in practice.

I mean expecting others to engage in weird theatre just to appease your desire to achieve some as-of-yet unachieved dream is strange to say the least, if not bordering on the downright delusional.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Since all the companies want that Chinese $$$$. The Chinese gov tells people what they are allowed to say. If you don't say it the way they want you to say it, they don't let you do business in China. Bye-Bye Chinese $$$. It is solid proof that these companies have: no integrity at all, they don't care about their product at all, they have no love for freedom and they literally only care about one thing: $$$$$.
    Companies solely exist to make "$$$$$" as you put yourself. A company that doesn't make a profit is a dead company.
    "Integrity", "care about your product" or "love for freedom" is no substitute for a profit. Welcome to the world of capitalism

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Overwatch League should have a set of rules for player conduct and if blizz wants to intervene they will no doubt use that to do it.
    You can't mess with China because that is where the money is, and you can't really mess with Korea because that is the e-sports mecca. From a business perspective Blizz has no good option here. From any other perspective fuck China.
    You can mess with Korea because they don't have winnie the pooh as their chief. You make one joke about China and they'll have your head for it, lmao

Disqualify the teams if they don't show up then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You can mess with Korea because they don't have winnie the pooh as their chief. You make one joke about China and they'll have your head for it, lmao
    If it is the e-sports division of blizzard or the Overwatch League that will deal with this, they care more about Korea than China. If it is the publisher side they will care more about China.

Since blizzard has been trying to get into the e-sports hypetrain for a few years now and want to make it sucessful they can't look blindly towards China. In Overwatch their viewing numbers for any Chinese team is a joke and dragging the league down (or wathever is left of it).

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Companies solely exist to make "$$$$$" as you put yourself. A company that doesn't make a profit is a dead company.
    "Integrity", "care about your product" or "love for freedom" is no substitute for a profit. Welcome to the world of capitalism
    As someone who regularly works in the markets where these things are traded i feel obligated to inform you that there are in fact many companies that do not make proper money, even in market segments where they should, without ever coming close to dying.

Nonprofits are rather ubiquitous, as are plenty of purpose-fulfilling companies (i am unsure how to translate the word). Additionally plenty of countries protect strategic companies, and it's good to remember the first rule of capitalism: any country ("staat", not like US state but somewhat like EU member states), no matter how weak, can still break even the mightiest company. Unless said company has the weight of a powerful country behind him of course,but that might is not part of the company.

Oh and then there's the fact that remarkably few parts of the world actually feature this sort of capitalism, so there are plenty more varieties to be found in practice as opposed to theory.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

okay? let them keep boycotting and the rest of us can move along without them. imagine if this was any other sport and the ones complaining can get over it or quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting that it's the companies that own the Chinese teams threatening to boycott, not the players. Only one Chinese team has an all-Chinese roster of players while the other Chinese teams have all-Korean or partially Korean rosters.

It's safe to assume that the players aren't happy with the idea of being denied the ability to compete because of their organization's concern with a player on a different team.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2021-05-06 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More and more companies are kissing their asses for the sake of profit, and not only is it weak and pathetic, it’s also treasonous. We don’t need their toxic influence poisoning our culture worse than it already is.

Good riddance.

Imagine if US teams boycotted over a Korean team saying anti-Trump stuff.

This is the level of nonsense.

Now we will find out. Is blizzard a US company? or a Chinese company?
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Lmao, are they not aware that they are basically undermining their own livelihood? They are boycotting their own work, great management they have. If I was a player on that team I would leave.
    Well they kinda have to or it could be a LOT worse for them

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Well they kinda have to or it could be a LOT worse for them
    Wouldn't be surprised if the CCP is coercing them to do this boycott.

Taiwan is a country and will remain an independent country no matter how much the PRC bitches and whines.
    As for Hong Kong...It is an autonomous special administrative region with different laws, so I don't see any problem with referring to Hong Kong and Macau as separate when it comes to viewership and such.

This reminds me of the idiocy with Hololive's Coco.

Imagine your nations ego being so wobbly and insecure that kids saying stuff on the internet about it generates an international emergency at a video game tournament. I mean I know the US gets a lot of shit for odd flexing but is China by far the new number one when it comes to these things now? I mean talk about needing to feel special all the time.

Good, fuck China. The more they keep themselves from events due to tantrums like this the better. They are a fucking joke. I hope an American team uses Winnie the pooh as their Mascot so all Chinese teams aren't allowed to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Cancel Culture is mob justice, and mob justice has been a dark part of humanity for millennia.
    Atleast we aren't burning people in the street anymore.
    We've just found more creative, passive aggressive ways to do it.