Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    They are asking the easy question.
    What happens when Loa Voljin meets the sadistic Voljin ears collects.
    What happens when our Baien meets the Baien who smashed Garrosh's head and is Warchief.
    What happens when Illidian meets the Druid part of him.
    What happens when Trall meets his counterpart who always lived as a slave.

    Those are all souls that would go to different realms.

  2. #82
    I'll raise you one better. What happens when Archimonde the demon tries to resurrect an Archimonde who refused Sargeras' gift and whose soul went to the Shadowlands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  3. #83
    I guess maybe every version of someone becomes one in the Shadowlands?

    So your place in the Shadowlands might not be decided by your actions in this universe but based on all your actions in all universes?

    Who the fuck knows
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I guess maybe every version of someone becomes one in the Shadowlands?

    So your place in the Shadowlands might not be decided by your actions in this universe but based on all your actions in all universes?

    Who the fuck knows
    I posted an interview about it a couple pages back, if you're wondering.

  5. #85
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,881
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    They are asking the easy question.
    What happens when Loa Voljin meets the sadistic Voljin ears collects.
    What happens when our Baien meets the Baien who smashed Garrosh's head and is Warchief.
    What happens when Illidian meets the Druid part of him.
    What happens when Trall meets his counterpart who always lived as a slave.

    Those are all souls that would go to different realms.
    We slap our Baine, and Horde goes to live with cool Baine in his universe and live happily ever after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Do you honestly attempt to question the lore which was subsequently violated on multiple occasions by its own creators?
    Do you honestly attempt to apply logic here?
    This is Billzord. They stopped trying in 2010.
    Honestly Warcraft's setting and lore was always a none-sensical mess. Its just we didnt care as much because 1. It hadn't piled up yet and 2. It seldom was trying to be serious.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Honestly Warcraft's setting and lore was always a none-sensical mess. Its just we didnt care as much because 1. It hadn't piled up yet and 2. It seldom was trying to be serious.
    I sort of wonder what would happen if WC was a new IP that came out today. Especially since every title effectively retcons the previous one.

  8. #88
    This is why the story went to shit with WoD. Adding alternate universes is a kiss of death for your story. Best to just not think about it and hope they never call back to it.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This is why the story went to shit with WoD. Adding alternate universes is a kiss of death for your story. Best to just not think about it and hope they never call back to it.
    Timelines are but a power factor for WoW, that's it. Just makes the opponents provide more "power feats" for the Players to surpass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Not even Starcraft went this deep into the powerscaling realms.

  10. #90
    Just don't think about it. Why do you care about the lore of the universe and world? You're supposed to care about the superheroes and their costumes and superpowers. This is Disney-Marvel stuff. What else do you expect?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Just don't think about it. Why do you care about the lore of the universe and world? You're supposed to care about the superheroes and their costumes and superpowers. This is Disney-Marvel stuff. What else do you expect?
    Blame them for mixing the plot of the universe with the history of the Heroes.

  12. #92
    All the other Drakas go directly to the Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Blame them for mixing the plot of the universe with the history of the Heroes.
    Warcraft rarely world builds. The history of the universe IS the history of the heroes for this reason.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  14. #94
    An easier explanation is that alternate universes have alternate Shadowlands.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    I remember Blizzard saying that basically our universe is the only real one, the prime timeline. And that other, alternative timelines are forming and vanishing constantly.

    So I wonder what happens to those who just "vanish" with their timeline? And what happens to those who died before their timeline vanished / were already in SL when their timeline vanished?
    The other realities exist -- an infinite number of possible timeways technically exist -- but their existence is unstable and ephemeral -- and apparently "fade" into nothingness if left alone, according to Chronicle. They are best compared to backup "shadow copies", such as those of your documents as you are constantly editing them, which are automatically saved to some part of your computer, but which are eventually removed if they are inactive or if there are too many of them saved.

    In all known realms of the cosmos, time flows forward, ever forward. Chaotic energies in places like the Twisting Nether can affect how quickly it flows, but it only flows forward.

    Once an event happens, it cannot be changed. These events and choices, made up of all creatures and forces in the cosmos, join together like a river, sharing the same reality. Different choices and different possibilities naturally spin off the river of time like small creeks and estuaries, ebbing and flowing for a while. If these shades of what could have been are left alone, they will eventually dissipate into nothing. If efforts are made to preserve them (or alter them), they can indeed remain in existence indefinitely. They can even be made to feed back into the main river—dead creatures can seemingly "live again," and the past (or future) may literally come back to haunt you. This is not a natural phenomenon, and the inhabitants of the main timeway will often find these experiences to be quite alarming.

    But the only timeway that has a permanent effect on the cosmos is the main timeway. Creatures like the bronze dragons, who have command of temporal magic, can see all the countless tributaries of alternate universes and timelines, and they can even move back and forth along the stream to observe the past and the future.

    If that main river is disrupted, it could spell doom and disaster. All life on Azeroth depends on time to flow ever forward. Without the surety that the sun will rise and set each day, the seasons would not pass, the cycle of life would become meaningless, and all living creatures would eventually die from being unable to sustain themselves. It is the most sacred mission of the bronze dragonflight to keep that from happening.


    What interested me the most was how the cosmic powers fit into this whole alternate reality and multiverse thing, for example, are there millions of titans and Old Gods scattered across all of reality?

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...y-counterparts
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-05-07 at 08:52 PM.
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

  16. #96
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,904
    With reference to the last line of your OP, I really don't know what you are looking for. This whole bullshit about realities being transcended was originated exactly because they lacked the means to reasonably explain time/multidimensional travel. The fact itself that they had to account for multiple realities converging into the Shadowlands literally originates from their inability to tell a story (or rather, inability to understand when they are about to screw themselves up by telling stories full of holes and look somewhere else).

    You may not like it, but that's the answer, unfortunately.

  17. #97
    I'm not sure what the official statements were about this for WoW, but in general whenever you have different alternate realities/universes, they are standalone copies of each other that progressed in different ways. So all the characters that we've seen doppelgangers for are in their own Shadowlands in their own reality.

    If it has actually been stated that all alternate realities/universes converge in 'one' Shadowlands, then that's just bad writing, yeah. It's impossible to do it this way.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I really don't think Blizzard figured out either how the Shadowlands or how the Multiverse works.
    But they did in Chronicle just fine. Branch realities and branch timelines splinter off the main one and subsequently wither and die, ceasing to have ever existed. The only reason WoD hasn't imploded is because the of Kairoz' efforts to gather energy and sustain it as a viable branch reality.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Thanks and PLEASE don't make this thread into a "blizz can't tell stories"-thread. We have enough of those^^
    How can you say that when that's literally the only answer to your question lol. Blizzard made "official lore books" then after the last one came out said it wasn't "canon" and that it was only told from the perspective of the titans. It's like, they love to retcon their work, that's just all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Do you honestly attempt to question the lore which was subsequently violated on multiple occasions by its own creators?
    Do you honestly attempt to apply logic here?
    This is Billzord. They stopped trying in 2010.
    Wow is not the modern developers story. They just jumped on and made it their own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •