Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Draka and more Drakas

Hi,

just out of interest: Has the fact that the shadowlands, onec again like the legion, transcends all realities ever been talked about ingame?

I am still confused how Draka can act like Draka if there are infinte Drakas all merged into one. How do the souls handle the memories?
    This must be hella confusing.

Maybe i have overlooked this, but is this talked about anywhere ingame?

I tend to just ignore that part of wow because it does not make sense for me. Still curious.

Thanks and PLEASE don't make this thread into a "blizz can't tell stories"-thread. We have enough of those^^

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Hi,

just out of interest: Has the fact that the shadowlands, onec again like the legion, transcends all realities ever been talked about ingame?

I am still confused how Draka can act like Draka if there are infinte Drakas all merged into one. How do the souls handle the memories?

I tend to just ignore that part of wow because it does not make sense for me. Still curious.

Thanks and PLEASE don't make this thread into a "blizz can't tell stories"-thread. We have enough of those^^
    Infinite amount of realities and universes mean there's infinite amount of Drakas constantly bombarding the Shadowlands Draka with their memories and experiences as well.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Do you honestly attempt to question the lore which was subsequently violated on multiple occasions by its own creators?
    Do you honestly attempt to apply logic here?
    This is Billzord. They stopped trying in 2010.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of it as someone who writes fiction and loves delving into game lore.

And someone who grew up watching Dr. Who...

As far as the Shadowlands are concerned, Draka A and Draka B (or any multiverse timey whimey shenanigans) might be different enough to warrant seperation.

While Prime Draka ended up in Maldraxus, WoD Draka could have, for example, ended up in Bastion and had her personality stripped, or any of the countless unnamed afterlives we cant see/participate in where she would be a better fit.

Or she ended up in Ravendreth, stripped of her sins and turned into a venthyr.

Shadowlands has quite a few fail safes that result in turning someone into something entirely different given enough time.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Do you honestly attempt to question the lore which was subsequently violated on multiple occasions by its own creators?
    Do you honestly attempt to apply logic here?
    This is Billzord. They stopped trying in 2010.
    I suggest you read the last part of his post instead of storming in with such drivel.

Closest thing you'll get to an explanation can be found in twitter posts or obscure interviews.
    Don't try to make sense of it, it will just cause a headache.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was talked outside the game by the lead narrator

Inside the game this is ignored as it's a terrible concept
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The "many threads to a rope" analogy for souls in the Shadowlands is one that takes into account the fundamental eternity of how time functions in the Shadowlands. In a realm where eons are akin to days, Draka died only recently - it is likely that her many dimensional selves (however many of those there are) haven't yet coalesced within her soul, or perhaps Draka as a person is uncommon through the multiverse. Either way, it would appear that Draka isn't yet so multilayered that she cannot recognize elements of her prior life in our timeline.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I suggest you read the last part of his post instead of storming in with such drivel.
    Blizzard can tell stories (or rather, 'could'). I never said otherwise. Billzord Inc. can't.
    There's a bit of fundamental difference between these two.

"blizz can't tell stories"
    There is a reason why it happens in every thread. Wow writers don't care about their lore. They just put stupid ideas in it without thinking to much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

As far as the Shadowlands are concerned, Draka A and Draka B (or any multiverse timey whimey shenanigans) might be different enough to warrant seperation.

While Prime Draka ended up in Maldraxus, WoD Draka could have, for example, ended up in Bastion and had her personality stripped, or any of the countless unnamed afterlives we cant see/participate in where she would be a better fit.

Shadowlands has quite a few fail safes that result in turning someone into something entirely different given enough time.
    Didn't they make the comparison with a rope. So there is only one soul of each character in the SL.

Imagine how uncomfortable this must get when one of you married someone else. Or one of my alternate selfes is a huge sadist and runs around killing people all day long while another is a flower picking pacifist. Are they in Revendreth or even the maw despite one of them not doing anything wrong or even dying at birth.

I just want them to explain stuff like that ingame or not mention it at all. Buit as they have said that stuff in an offical interview we have to accept it as lore. And i am lookin for something ingame... never found anything substantial.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

In the end they all merge into the prime one

https://web.archive.org/web/20200927...steve-danuser/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I hadn't even thought about how multiple realities work into Shadowlands.

Surely there would be 1 shadowlands per reality, right? We can't have another situation where theres the same burning legion in every reality, because by extention they have infinite forces.

Why did we even have to open the multiple realities pandoras box in the first place? Man, WoD was dumb.

Didn't they make the comparison with a rope. So there is only one soul of each character in the SL.

Imagine how uncomfortable this must get when one of you married someone else. Or one of my alternate selfes is a huge sadist and runs around killing people all day long while another is a flower picking pacifist. Are they in Revendreth or even the maw despite one of them not doing anything wrong or even dying at birth.

I just want them to explain stuff like that ingame or not mention it at all. Buit as they have said that stuff in an offical interview we have to accept it as lore. And i am lookin for something ingame... never found anything substantial.^^
    The "Rope concept" is a delusion. As is the entire concept of 'shadowlands' as we see them now - merely a makeshift WoDraenor 2.0 to make us pay for it while desperately praying "well, perhaps they did something right this time?.."
    It all started with the "Single Legion" delusion back then. Someone couldn't find a suitable AND well-known character from the lore of the past to initiate the Draenor campaign stuff, so he simply decided to "ALTERNATIVE REALITY, MAN!" and slap a Double Gul'dan on it to call it even. And that instant the crap literally hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Man, I hadn't even thought about how multiple realities work into Shadowlands.

Surely there would be 1 shadowlands per reality, right? We can't have another situation where theres the same burning legion in every reality, because by extention they have infinite forces.

Why did we even have to open the multiple realities pandoras box in the first place? Man, WoD was dumb.
    As it stands there is one shadowland for all realities, we'll see how long that lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not relevant at this time, the same way we don't see other known relative dead characters in lore(WHERE THE FUCK IS ANDUIN LOTHAR1111111111111111) If you demand to see every known character that ever existed in Warcraft, you're being absurd.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    yea I read the last sentence: "tell me anything but the simple truth. I just want an headache trying to find something into nothing".

5+ Year Old Account

Sorry, but that is pretty much the answer. Even Legion transcending realities doesn't make sense. The multiple realities concept broke right there. I really don't think Blizzard figured out either how the Shadowlands or how the Multiverse works. Just pretend that each timeline has their own Shadowlands, so everyone here is from the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not relevant at this time, the same way we don't see other known relative dead characters in lore(WHERE THE FUCK IS ANDUIN LOTHAR1111111111111111) If you demand to see every known character that ever existed in Warcraft, you're being absurd.
    That is not what i am asking though.
    I just started wondering after reading the lore interview of danuser where he states, that all souls of all realities basically merge into one in the shadowlands.

I don't demand to see any character in the shadowlands^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    yea I read the last sentence: "tell me anything but the simple truth. I just want an headache trying to find something into nothing".
    I just don't want to create another thread where people talk in circles about hwo they hate blizz storytelling. I get it. People don't like it.

But, at least in this thread, i don't care about that^^

I didn't even say, that i think everything is roses. It isn't. But still not what i wanted to trigger here.

Hi,

In this case, shouldnt there be either

1) many many Shadowlands too

or

2) many many different Drakas running around in Shadowlands (if there exists only 1 SL)

???

- - - Updated - - -

That is not what i am asking though.
    I just started wondering after reading the lore interview of danuser where he states, that all souls of all realities basically merge into one in the shadowlands.

I don't demand to see any character in the shadowlands^^

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't want to create another thread where people talk in circles about hwo they hate blizz storytelling. I get it. People don't like it.

But, at least in this thread, i don't care about that^^

I didn't even say, that i think everything is roses. It isn't. But still not what i wanted to trigger here.
    ah ok, here give you the answer. didnt know that.

i know you said „not talking about shitty storytelling of Blizz....“ but, come on... when they merge into a single person in SL, how should this work? in one universe Draka lived long. in the other she died early with Baby Thrall. and now both are in one person in SL remembering how she died and lived at the same time??? if THIS is not shitty storytelling, what else??? sorry, but...