Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You bought cards, not mounts. Items were a bonus if you don't see a difference I guess you can't tell the difference between a Cargo Ship vs A Bicycle.
    Lot's of people care here. There are just a lot of assholes who love to come in screaming "who cares, lol QQ losers"

    - - - Updated - - -



    I guess you find people amusing being passionate about anything then. If you think that is stupid then you clearly lack judgement and basic understanding. I mean by the "edgy" position you can already see that you just say shit to piss people off even more.

    Forcing everyone into TBC? What about people who were only asking for Classic WoW? Fuck them over? I mean I doubt you are that dumb, so again, I will assume you say this stuff to piss people off.

    Just checked your past threads and posts. Not wasting any brain power on you anymore. Seek help.
    If people only wanted classic wow then guess what they can just choose to stay in classic for free. Oh shit problem solved.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Or, you know, it incites Blizzard to sell more cosmetic stuff instead of just selling good games.

    Anyway, you can say that about any monetization method. It's not exclusive to selling in-game items for money. So how exactly does the game become better for it on any objective level, versus just having a fair price?
    You have much higher expectations of big business than I do
    I look at it from this angle:If "worthless cosmetic junk" sold at an insane price can keep Blizzard developing and supporting WoW then I am all for it. And it has the added benefit that it can keep the subscription price stable.
    It encourages Blizzard to keep making new expansions and other version of Classic WoW, knowing that it can sell these expansions and versions at a premium price if they include some cosmetic stuff.

    And there is no such as "a fair" price in a capitalistic society. IF a company can sell something for 35$ even though it cost virtually nothing to produce then it is worth 35$.
    Blizzard and similar companies produce this ridiculous cosmetic stuff because it can sell it, not because it is "objectively good".

    Added:
    While I on a personal level would prefer that Blizzard spent all its resources on making good games, and that is very individual , but Blizzard is a business like any other and its "job" is to make money, so I have to live with the consequences of that money-making.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-05-07 at 01:04 PM.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!
    No you pick if you want classic or tbc and if you want both then you pay.

  4. #204
    Scarab Lord Alraml's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,802
    "WoW Classic characters that existed before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch will each be automatically cloned onto their respective Classic Era realm. You don't have to do anything"

    This in on the FAQ page guys. 2021 and people can't read basic information

  5. #205
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    How exactly does that make a game better?
    .... by letting people buy extra stuff with real money if they want to?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!
    no.. literally not how it works.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...26520311369728

    Don't know abour Borderlands.

    No Man's Sky has been getting constant patches and new free content for years since its release almost 5 years ago.
    https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/10/no...ration-update/
    That’s cool and all, but Blizzard is doing basically the same thing, aren’t they? The only charges are for additional services - existing players can move to TBC at no cost.

  7. #207
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Who cares? Blatantly a lot of people. Just because it’s a non issue for you doesn’t mean it’s a non issue.
    It's a non-issue to me because it is a non-issue. Literally anyone trying to find "issues" are just crying manbabies at this point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You bought cards, not mounts.
    Most People bought specifically the Mount Cards. for Money. To unlock a Mount in game. For real Money. Because they bought the Mount Card with Real Money. To use in the Game.

    Maybe that's enough times for you to easily understand.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!
    They can take them all for free to TBC. Or keep them on CLassic. If they want them on both then they pay.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Everyone knows that they are greedy, but they weren't greedy for Classic players, they just fuck TBC players over.
    Of course they weren't, because they didn't give a shit about Classic - they just launched it because some software engineers figured out how to run it in a very efficient manner.
    And then Blizzard just threw it out and said "yeah sure whatever" because they didn't believe it would actually become a success on that level and thus couldn't be arsed to throw in MTX.

    Bear in mind that Blizzard initially believed that 4 Servers for the enterity of the EU would be enough.

    Now they know people are interested in it, that's why there are now MTX, because they know no matter how hard some players complain about MTX, there are enough people willing to buy it and not enough willing to quit over it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-07 at 01:37 PM.

  9. #209
    I think it's pretty clear MMO-Champion is being paid not to make a headline of the ridiculous prices of the digital services announced.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a non-issue to me because it is a non-issue. Literally anyone trying to find "issues" are just crying manbabies at this point.
    What a smart take. Insulting the opposition. Well, not worth any time wasting on you.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a non-issue to me because it is a non-issue. Literally anyone trying to find "issues" are just crying manbabies at this point.
    So most people on this website are crying manbabies then, gotcha. No one's 'trying' to find issues, these aren't exactly unreasonable complaints we're raising here. You can disagree, but that doesn't make the complaints less valid.

    I can understand people not caring about the boosts existing or the prices; I don't agree but I can see where they're coming from at least. But can anyone seriously defend the deluxe edition mount going live with 100% movement speed at level 40? That could change, but as it stands right now, that's the case. That is literally the definition of P2W.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    I think it's pretty clear MMO-Champion is being paid not to make a headline of the ridiculous prices of the digital services announced.
    I’ve paid $0 irl cash to play the game the last year, and will continue to pay $0 to play TBC.

    Juicy headline indeed.

  13. #213
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,702
    Classic was the hook. It got popular and got retail babbies curious. Now that they have the attention of the whales and the average retail players BC "Classic" is aimed at them, not at the classic players, this thread is proof enough. Shame, I really wanted to play it and Wrath too when it came but it's clear it's not gonna be worth it.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    By fresh, you mean all from scratch? that makes no sense. BC was always an expansion to vanilla content.
    By fresh, I mean completely fresh.

    Why does it matter it was not like that in the original Burning Crusade? We have moved far away from the original experience already by providing boosts, deluxe editions, changes to how pre-patch works, the length of pre-patch, by changing seals and whatnot.

    I don't have any issues with it not staying true to form. But if we can have boost and whatnot. Why can't we have fresh servers? It doesn't make much sense to argue for boost one second and be against fresh servers because that's not how it used to be the next second.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And there is no such as "a fair" price in a capitalistic society. IF a company can sell something for 35$ even though it cost virtually nothing to produce then it is worth 35$.
    Of course there is. It's not universal, but you will definitelly find a lot more people who think, for instance, 20$ is a fair price, than you will find people who think 35$ is a fair price.

    Equally, selling a product for 35$ doesn't mean it's universally worth 35$, it just means the product was worth 35$ for that person who purchased it.

    But yea, I supposed the problem is the capitalism indeed. What is implemented is not what makes the game better, it's what sells most for the least amount of effort/investment. It's being in the business of using games to extract money from people, instead of just being in the business of making games.

    Which is my whole point: they don't make the game better in any way. You can't just say it "allows them to keep developing and supporting WoW", and allows the "subscription price to be stable" - you don't know those things. And the fact is there are plenty of good examples where games keep being developed and supported with a stable price without excessive monetization.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    but Blizzard is a business like any other and its "job" is to make money, so I have to live with the consequences of that money-making.
    Ok, but why would we as customers just blindly accept that and not criticize it and defend our interests? There's a difference between making money (ie making enough revenue that you offset wages and expenses and get some return) and trying to make "all the money".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    .... by letting people buy extra stuff with real money if they want to?
    Great argument.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 02:39 PM.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    2 weeks pre-patch. Well, fuck Bloodelf/Draenai Players I guess.
    How much time did you get originally? Was it when the portal opened? Or did they give you two weeks to level the new races?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Great, but how the fuck are normal people supposed to level draeneis/BEs in 2 weeks? Give us a brutal xp boost for the prepatch or something.
    You got zero days to level originally. So two weeks is a plus. I don't think they should of let you do it until release of TBC personally. And that is based off of the reactions of them giving you two weeks.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    That’s cool and all, but Blizzard is doing basically the same thing, aren’t they? The only charges are for additional services - existing players can move to TBC at no cost.
    Well, if you ignore the subscription fee. And the fact that unreasonably priced additional services are a form of monetization, which those mentioned games don't really do. So I wouldn't say they are the same thing at all.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 02:40 PM.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What dumb logic is that?
    Original launch didn't have character boosts, it also had more raids available and you didn't get a damn mount for irl money. You are essentially missing launch experience and you know what? TBC had growing population, so you constantly had MORE player to play with. If you think that TBC will be played as much two months into the expansion as it was on first week - well

    - - - Updated - - -



    OR! They could have allowed boosts for Belfs...?!
    it in fact WILL be played as much in 2 months if not more so. You have a rep grind to do just to get into heroic dungeons. You have LOTS to do the whole time. You obviously never played TBC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What dumb logic is that?
    Original launch didn't have character boosts, it also had more raids available and you didn't get a damn mount for irl money. You are essentially missing launch experience and you know what? TBC had growing population, so you constantly had MORE player to play with. If you think that TBC will be played as much two months into the expansion as it was on first week - well

    - - - Updated - - -



    OR! They could have allowed boosts for Belfs...?!
    People that want crap like this....are why we can't have nice things anymore....like good xpacs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Too soon imo, barely enough time to prep a blood elf/draenei. Also no new fresh servers is very dissapointing. Still looking forward to play, especially considering how long Shadowlands has been in a drought. I guess 9.1 at the very earliest would be 1 month later, at the latest somewhere in August.
    You should get zero days to prep like how it was originally. Be lucky you get two weeks to start.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Ok...

    So Late June-Early July release for 9.1, then.
    More like a late july to late August.

  19. #219
    anyone else in NA seeing June 2 this morning? seem like someone forgot to feed the region detection hamster.

  20. #220
    Hmm this morning it was June 1st and an hour ago it was the 2nd, which is right now? It was in my Bnet launcher.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •