Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Blizzard promised to give ample time and it would be actually nice if they actually did. Also thanks for being empathic for people who wanna play the new races without getting left behind by everyone else.
    Why should we be? You got zero days originally. Getting two weeks has only caused an uproar and demand for more time. Blizzard could of easily made it to where you couldn't start until that portal opened. Some people just want to be ungrateful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i agree but based on private server data,tbc not only did worse than vanila,but it did WAAAAAY worse,i dont understand it honestly,but its how it is
    Based off of private server data? You realize most of us NEVER played on private servers because you never knew how long it would last? Now that blizzard has a legal and sanctioned server....people like me are going to be "all in" on TBC. And when you go by blizzards server data....WoW did BETTER in TBC then it did in Vanilla as the population continued to rise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    "With the release of the Burning Crusade Classic pre-expansion patch, players will also get access to the Blood Elf and Draenei races early before the Dark Portal opens. This will allow players to get a jump on leveling so they can join their friends in Outland."

    Well, yeah, if you can play 8-10 hours a day - sure, you will be able to do dungeons with your friends. Otherwise, sorry - at least they will be able you to boost in Kara.
    I think MMO's are just too much of a time sink for you. Level with other people. Catering to crowds like you are why retail itself is so unbearable now. You HAVE to see that. You want to play a new race? Start from level 1 like everybody else did. Know what they didn't get? Two weeks to level in a pre-patch. A pre-patch where the leveling XP needed to level up is nerfed. The 1-43 level experience today will be the 1-60 experience time wise in pre-patch.

    Or you can start off with your max level char or boosted 58 with a different race. Your choice.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    How much time did you get originally? Was it when the portal opened? Or did they give you two weeks to level the new races?

    - - - Updated - - -



    You got zero days to level originally. So two weeks is a plus. I don't think they should of let you do it until release of TBC personally. And that is based off of the reactions of them giving you two weeks.

    How is this relevant to anything? Blizzard announced TBC Classic back in February. A part of the announcement was the developer doing round-table telling players how one of the great changes they are doing is to allow for players to start levelling the new races during pre-patch providing ample time for everyone to be ready to get through the dark portal from the beginning.

    They have already created the expectations that we would have ample time to level the new races during pre-patch. They even acknowledge how the original way of doing it was a mistake as the community got split. Many people going from level 1 while the rest went through the dark portal. They wanted to unify this. That was the whole purpose behind the idea of changing it. Or at least that what they themselves claimed back in February.

    This makes for players not preparing for a huge power levelling of these new races. And it almost makes for players that didn't play Vanilla Classic that was going to play TBC to simply wait for pre-patch because they wanted access to new races or they simply wanted the improved levelling experience in pre-patch before getting started.

    Now they have no time to do either before the dark portal opens. Creating a huge flux in the demand for boosts. Such a horrible way of handling it. If they didn't set these expectations back in Februrary. None of this would have been any issue. They created the whole situations themselves.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I guess you didnt play back in the day... the pre-patch lasted for a MONTH before launch.
    Sure new races werent playable back then but atleast the pre-patch was out for longer than 2 weeks.
    What exactly do you want to do in the pre-patch that you can't do now? You need 4 weeks to look at your new talents?
    You got zero leveling time with the new races as you stated. They are giving you two weeks now. It's time to move on.

  4. #224
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,301
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Hmm this morning it was June 1st and an hour ago it was the 2nd, which is right now? It was in my Bnet launcher.

    this is the right date.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Only you can't boost BElfs or Dranei.
    that's right. Because they are new races with their own beginning campaign that is TBC content. You should have to level up a brand new race. They shouldn't even be giving these leveling boosts but we have to accept that blizzard is about capitalizing on their past success rather then wanting to actually do something for the players.
    They shouldn't even give you guys two weeks to level imo. As changing it from how it was originally has only created a new problem and a new demand to skip content and turn past games into retail.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What evidence do you have? That 2 weeks is enough to level 1-58? Can you give me percentile of players who are leveling at this speed?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Should have to wait for them? What? How about just releasing races + classes sooner? Like.. Now? Is 1st of June for some reason will be further ahead if they released it now? That's not how the time works.
    because releasing belfs and draenie during classic is NOT how it happened. I really wish blizzard would just change their minds and release it originally. Where you get zero days. Because catering to a loud minority of players that aren't going to be playing in 2 months anyway would be a big mistake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't think Draenei & Blood Elves are actually playable in the pre-patch.
    They weren't originally, no. But this time they are letting them level them in the pre-patch to give them a two week headstart. And now all of the Dad's are on here complaining about it.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    How much time did you get originally? Was it when the portal opened? Or did they give you two weeks to level the new races?
    I don't know, I missed it because original boost with original shop mount and original ability to copy my Vanilla char for "just 35$". That's a lame excuse. Originally we had new servers btw. Give me new server and I don't give a shit.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Nice assumption. I'll be playing at launch and will still have enough PTO to spend 3 week in Europe this year, covid permitting. Just because I personally can make the release doesn't mean I need to be an ass and not be considerate of other people with other situations. And better friends? I am supposed to choose friends/family based upon how their employers implement policies regarding vacation time use?

    Lol, good luck to you dude.
    People like you are why we have things like wow tokens and store mounts. Be considerate? Why? They aren't being considerate of us at all. They are only thinking about THEMSELVES and how much time THEY can put towards a 15 year old game. Good luck to YOU, dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I don't know, I missed it because original boost with original shop mount and original ability to copy my Vanilla char for "just 35$". That's a lame excuse. Originally we had new servers btw. Give me new server and I don't give a shit.
    Yeah, so? What's your point? Because blizzard is being greedy and capitalizing on their game means we now need to cater to a bunch of Dad's? C'mon man. You're getting two weeks more then you should. Be thankful instead of angry. That's what you'd tell your kids, right?

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post

    I think MMO's are just too much of a time sink for you. Level with other people. Catering to crowds like you are why retail itself is so unbearable now. You HAVE to see that. You want to play a new race? Start from level 1 like everybody else did. Know what they didn't get? Two weeks to level in a pre-patch. A pre-patch where the leveling XP needed to level up is nerfed. The 1-43 level experience today will be the 1-60 experience time wise in pre-patch.

    Or you can start off with your max level char or boosted 58 with a different race. Your choice.
    Oh dude. You don't get to tell me what I get to play, I am just expressing my concerns but hey, at least you can respond with your "strong" arguments. Chances are that my retail char has better score than will ever see buddy. Catering to the crowds like me is WHY WE GET TBC. U know what else we didn't get? Boosts, show mounts, layers. We didn't get to stay in Vanilla.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    this is the right date.
    okay my launcher was maybe not updated the right way or so. I was confused lol

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yeah, so? What's your point? Because blizzard is being greedy and capitalizing on their game means we now need to cater to a bunch of Dad's? C'mon man. You're getting two weeks more then you should. Be thankful instead of angry. That's what you'd tell your kids, right?
    Lost cause. Learn to listen buddy.

  11. #231
    This may come out as a really dumb question, but anyway. You cant use the Digital Deluxe Edition in SL as well right?

    Nvm it say it the text

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    it in fact WILL be played as much in 2 months if not more so. You have a rep grind to do just to get into heroic dungeons. You have LOTS to do the whole time. You obviously never played TBC.

    - - - Updated - - -



    People that want crap like this....are why we can't have nice things anymore....like good xpacs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You should get zero days to prep like how it was originally. Be lucky you get two weeks to start.

    - - - Updated - - -



    More like a late july to late August.
    Why do you say late July? Late August is just not happening. We're essentially done with the main questlines and are doing Raid testing now (And it's only May 7th). Music should be in soon, same with Cutscenes and VO's, and the Korthia stuff should also be in the game in a bit as-well.

    That's at MOST stuff that can occur till Mid-Late June.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They said they didn't want 9.1 and TBC Classic to release right next to each-other, yes? Ok, so just make 9.1 release 2-3 weeks later, once TBC Classic's hype dies down.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    While I am glad for BC and have been eagerly looking forward to it this short of notice complete ruins my plans for launch. I had a group of friends we were going to use vacation time to dungeon grind to 70 over the first couple days of the expansion. Because of Blizzard giving this short of notice two people in the group will not be able to give adequate notice to their employers to use vacation time for the launch. Thanks Blizz, all you had to do was be forthcoming with the information a few weeks earlier.
    Unfortunately blizzard doesn't give a shit about you and your friends this is all about keeping subs up and people engaged in WoW as a property they don't give a shit about the gamers in the end. The game isn't worth $21 a month to begin with so there is that also.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  14. #234
    I wonder if it will be worth the money for that week you’ll play before nostalgia runs out again just like it did with classic. Probably not...

  15. #235
    Scarab Lord Alraml's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I wonder if it will be worth the money for that week you’ll play before nostalgia runs out again just like it did with classic. Probably not...
    I imagine 90% of the playerbase will go TBC

    My question is, what's the point of copying a max level character?

    Surely the people would want to start fresh for a new experience

  16. #236
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,373
    I'm confused by this honestly.. Can people not stay in Azeroth and go to Outland too or do they have to pick between one or the other?

  17. #237
    Scarab Lord Alraml's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm confused by this honestly.. Can people not stay in Azeroth and go to Outland too or do they have to pick between one or the other?
    When Pre-patch hits. Every existing character you have will be copied onto Vanilla Classic Servers and you have to choose one or the other.

    If you want to play your character on both Vanilla and TBC servers you will have to pay $35.

    If you want to create a new character on either server you can at no cost

    IMO it's such a negligable thing and people getting upset about it proves how entitled people are these days

  18. #238

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm confused by this honestly.. Can people not stay in Azeroth and go to Outland too or do they have to pick between one or the other?
    you have to choose
    oooooor, you could spend 35$ per character to stay on both
    thanks, blizzard

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    you have to choose
    oooooor, you could spend 35$ per character to stay on both
    thanks, blizzard
    We MUST choose? Cant I just log in and play classic? If I decide to take my Pala into BC, must I first copy him to classic then start playing? I guess once the choice is made you cant go back?

    Cant I level my characters to 60 then decide wether or not I want to copy them over to BC?

  20. #240
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    They can take them all for free to TBC. Or keep them on CLassic. If they want them on both then they pay.
    Ok so let me see if I get this. All current wow classic characters are automatically transferred to TBC classic. Players are given one free chance to copy one character from tbc classic to classic server. If they want more characters in classic server, they need to pay for each character. Right?
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •