Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Private servers tho.
    yeah,a good game wasnt popular free,its gonna somehow be now that its not free? the vanila private servers had insanely huge populations,wrath was second,its like every new server coming out was wrath,meanwile tbc has been dead

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah,a good game wasnt popular free,its gonna somehow be now that its not free? the vanila private servers had insanely huge populations,wrath was second,its like every new server coming out was wrath,meanwile tbc has been dead
    It has a lot to do with scripting tho.
    WotLK was best scripted server for years and still didn't work well. Do you think every WotLK server is as "bugless" as that one popular server (which is inflating it's population just to sell VIP). No, it took them years on years to fix everything. TBC was never picked up like that.
    Vanilla caught up, but during cata, vanilla servers were still dogshit code. Most of the still are dogshit and I doubt on "insanely popular" - Nost was popular, others just picked up whatever got scattered after closure and most of those servers were bugged anyway. Can remember checking on "popular" out before classic. They were banning people for killing NPC which you could kill if flagged "at war" because it would not respawn until server restart. What a joke.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It has a lot to do with scripting tho.
    WotLK was best scripted server for years and still didn't work well. Do you think every WotLK server is as "bugless" as that one popular server (which is inflating it's population just to sell VIP). No, it took them years on years to fix everything. TBC was never picked up like that.
    Vanilla caught up, but during cata, vanilla servers were still dogshit code. Most of the still are dogshit and I doubt on "insanely popular" - Nost was popular, others just picked up whatever got scattered after closure and most of those servers were bugged anyway. Can remember checking on "popular" out before classic. They were banning people for killing NPC which you could kill if flagged "at war" because it would not respawn until server restart. What a joke.
    scripting is kinda irelevant to many,servers 10 years ago had punching bag bosses and still had thausands of players

  4. #164
    $35 to clone your character to BC and still be on classic? lol. What a money grab should have been included and free imo not that i have issues with money but alot of other people may have.

    Then $70 for a deluxe edition that dont even have that much in it and the price is more then the shadowlands special edition when it launched.

    Still im probably going to try BC atleast that and wrath was when wow was its best imo.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-05-07 at 08:21 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    A lot of people hit level 60 in less than two weeks in classic. With the reduced XP requirement, anyone seriously trying to cap a new race before the launch will probably be able to.
    And tbh, if you can't hit it in two weeks, you're a casual imo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but being slightly behind the curve into Outland is not going to harm you in any way unless you're a hardcore raider.
    Casual? I mean you need at least 5 days /played if you are fairly efficient. Now imagine mobs being rare because everyone leveling so you have to compete. I mean sure - spend 8hrs a day or you are casual. Pretty much either you play like a world first raider or otherwise you are casual.
    Even if you were extra efficient, do it in 3 days /played spending 4 hours a day every day for two weeks or else you are casual xD

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    So much moaning in all wrong directions:


    Character boost: It is good and it is bad. Vanilla and BC were a big deal about the leveling experience, skipping it you miss a great deal of the game. You don´t care about it? fine, go with the boost.
    On the other hand, I am using the boost: I have leveled other characters but the one I want to main in BC classic is not going to be near the level I want to be at least, when BC comes out. I will not have time to level it, so this boost is simply convenient, because my gaming time is 1/10th of what it was 16 years ago. I can use one, and only one... how does that affect nothing at all? (sadly, this move has been made to make people see it like I do... crap, so sudden = no time = lol boost).
    This could be so easily avoided. By providing fresh TBC Classic servers where the boost can't be used you have solved the problem. Those who don't like the idea of the boost and would like to play on a server where everything feels new and fresh would be able to do so. All the others who don't care or want to use the boost are able to do so on the other servers.

    Such an easy and inexpensive way for Blizzard to avoid the problem altogether. Why they don't do this is beyond me.

  7. #167
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,211
    Love how they call retail the modern game. I wonder what's so modern about it.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    It's still not a fuck you to people who want to level them for TBC. Getting them 2 weeks earlier than last time is already a big change just like boosts are. 2 weeks is entirely fair imo.
    Oh, Blizzard actually Said it was during Blizzcon. They said One of their biggest mistake in original TBC was to split the players from their Friends, with having to lvl up from 1 when everyone else go to outlands.

    They "fixed" it now by releasing draenei and belfs with prepatch.

    To except atleast One month of prepatch (that would Still be lot shorter than original prepatch) when they made this statement isnt Odd in any way.

    They totalt screw everyone that actually play the game as designed instead of spamming LF BOOST.

  9. #169
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,921
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    $35 to clone your character to BC and still be on classic? lol. What a money grab should have been included and free imo not that i have issues with money but alot of other people may have.

    Then $70 for a deluxe edition that dont even have that much in it and the price is more then the shadowlands special edition when it launched.

    Still im probably going to try BC atleast that and wrath was when wow was its best imo.
    Free would not be a good idea.
    handling that traffic and loads of new servers out of control, so a fee makes sense.

    But 35 is probably 3 times over what it needed to be...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    This could be so easily avoided. By providing fresh TBC Classic servers where the boost can't be used you have solved the problem. Those who don't like the idea of the boost and would like to play on a server where everything feels new and fresh would be able to do so. All the others who don't care or want to use the boost are able to do so on the other servers.

    Such an easy and inexpensive way for Blizzard to avoid the problem altogether. Why they don't do this is beyond me.
    By fresh you mean all from scratch? that makes no sense. BC was always an expansion to vanilla content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Not sure if troll or stupid. Everyone who wants to play the new races is now fucked and their guilds are also impacted by having to wait a few extra weeks until their roster is complete. Pretty much every single guild in wow is impacted negatively by this. How the fuck is this entitlement?
    There was 0 time back in BC to level up.
    Besides, what is the rush? 2 weeks with the Xp nerfs will easily get anyone with limited play time on level 40/50.
    2 weeks that you might be behind then or so.. that makes 0 difference if BC is there for a couple of years or so.

  10. #170
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There was 0 time back in BC to level up.
    And it was bad. Why do we want to keep the bad things?

  11. #171
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    And it was bad. Why do we want to keep the bad things?
    I do agree that 2 weeks is too short. It is plain silly..

    But then again, it is already more than back then plus there is no rush, classic is meant to be a laid back experience anyway.

  12. #172
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    But then again, it is already more than back then plus there is no rush, classic is meant to be a laid back experience anyway.
    It's not about the rush, it's about the ability to play the new content together with friends and the guild. We are gonna be split into rerollers and non rerollers for about 1 month.

  13. #173
    Watching losers mald all day over the deluxe edition has been absolutely fantastic. Just dont buy it if you dont like it god damn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It's not about the rush, it's about the ability to play the new content together with friends and the guild. We are gonna be split into rerollers and non rerollers for about 1 month.
    Damn thats wild its almost like you had to wait till day one in TBC.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    2 weeks pre-patch. Well, fuck Bloodelf/Draenai Players I guess.
    Why? Exp req is lowered. Ding 60 in 2 weeks easly.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Why? Exp req is lowered. Ding 60 in 2 weeks easly.
    Easily is relative I guess. 5hrs a day is not that "easy" that is if you are efficient. Let's not pretend it suddenly takes 20hrs /played to do that.

  16. #176
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Damn thats wild its almost like you had to wait till day one in TBC.
    Imagine understanding a very basic and valid concern instead of making fun of it.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Watching losers mald all day over the deluxe edition has been absolutely fantastic. Just dont buy it if you dont like it god damn.
    How does being able to buy extra stuff with real money make the game better for anyone?


    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Damn thats wild its almost like you had to wait till day one in TBC.
    Which could have been fine, if they hadn't previously announced exactly the opposite just 2 months ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/9757-BlizzConline-2021-World-of-Warcraft-What-s-Next-Panel
    Draenei and Blood Elves will be added in prepatch so you can level before Burning Crusade.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    holding them to ransom?
    How is that holding them to ransom, everything is iterally 100% optional...
    Nothing is optional. Either way you have to pay if you want to snapshot a character for vanilla and play bc as a player that also likes bc. whats optional about this? It's 2021. hilarious, how easy it is to make the palyerbase throw money at them on old software. and btw, here we dont have the excuse of "lost development files and need to reverse engineer blaze blaze" and other funky explanations.
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-05-07 at 10:41 AM.

  19. #179
    wahhhh why aren't things freee QQ

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Watching losers mald all day over the deluxe edition has been absolutely fantastic. Just dont buy it if you dont like it god damn.
    What a constructive take. Everyone is certainly going to respect you for that. People don't like when they company they have been a loyal client of is selling out like a hooker on the corner.
    There is one mount and two toys worth of content for a price of AAA title game. I know they have to make some money from it, but really?
    35£ for a clone? What the fuck.
    None of those things are "gamechanging" but fuck me it stinks like EA. It's just being dissapointed. Classic had a good launch with no BS like this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Damn thats wild its almost like you had to wait till day one in TBC.
    You must be willingly ignorant to not understand why people don't like that. Being willfully ignorant only tells me one thing about you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •