Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    You're not paying for convenience though, you're paying to win. You're both doing mental gymnastics to justify otherwise in my eyes, I don't see how anyone can think differently and clearly a lot of people here do too. The 100% mount speed thing was debunked and isn't in the game (thank God), but I do think that a leveling boost and WoW token is still P2W and no force will make me believe otherwise. In no way do I think that you are being factual in any way.

Frankly, I wish I just didn't post on these forums; it gets really exhausting waking up to find someone calling you out for something that you said weeks ago and really just hardly care about anymore. I stand by what I said but no one's convincing anyone of anything, it's almost impossible to change someones mind on topics like this. I'm just repeating myself and it’s not even a discussion half the time, just people telling you that you’re factually wrong.
    Paying to win is using real money to pay for an increase in character power; something that you do once you're at the level cap. The boost doesn't put you at the level cap.

Simple as that.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Paying to win is using real money to pay for an increase in character power; something that you do once you're at the level cap. The boost doesn't put you at the level cap.

Simple as that.
    Levelling up doesn’t increase your power?

I’m seeing a lot of different definitions of what pay to win means lately.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-06-02 at 04:08 PM.

You're not paying for convenience though, you're paying to win. You're both doing mental gymnastics to justify otherwise in my eyes, I don't see how anyone can think differently and clearly a lot of people here do too. The 100% mount speed thing was debunked and isn't in the game (thank God), but I do think that a leveling boost and WoW token is still P2W and no force will make me believe otherwise. In no way do I think that you are being factual in any way.

Frankly, I wish I just didn't post on these forums; it gets really exhausting waking up to find someone calling you out for something that you said weeks ago and really just hardly care about anymore. I stand by what I said but no one's convincing anyone of anything, it's almost impossible to change someones mind on topics like this. I'm just repeating myself and it’s not even a discussion half the time, just people telling you that you’re factually wrong.
    NO you are not and it is you who is doing the mental gymnastics and your argument is nothing more than "It is because I say so". How can you call someone else not factual when you have not brought a single fact to the table? We have brought facts to the table as the mount and boost are nothing more than paying for convenience. Youa ren't more skilled by boosting. You aren't getting biS gear. You aren't clearing any raids or dungeons. Where are your facts? "Because I say so" and declaring someone factually wrong doesn't make it so.

It's isn't P2W because you have declared it so. Bring some actual facts to the table. The fact that you bemoan posting tells me you don't have any, are just declaring it so, and can't stand that people don't immediately just declare you correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really because most players that leveled to 60 have better gear than what is actually given to you in a boost.

Still waiting for an actual argument.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering that there is a cap, no, it doesn't. Endgame and all competitive content happens at max level.

Buying a boost only helps get you to the starting line, it doesn't give you any edge in the competition.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO you are not and it is you who is doing the mental gymnastics and your argument is nothing more than "It is because I say so". How can you call someone else not factual when you have not brought a single fact to the table? We have brought facts to the table as the mount and boost are nothing more than paying for convenience. Youa ren't more skilled by boosting. You aren't getting biS gear. You aren't clearing any raids or dungeons. Where are your facts? "Because I say so" and declaring someone factually wrong doesn't make it so.

It's isn't P2W because you have declared it so. Bring some actual facts to the table. The fact that you bemoan posting tells me you don't have any, are just declaring it so, and can't stand that people don't immediately just declare you correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really because most players that leveled to 60 have better gear than what is actually given to you in a boost.

Still waiting for an actual argument.
    Check my profile and read the posts I’ve been making over the day pls, there’s a lot. Don’t want to keep repeating my thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Considering that there is a cap, no, it doesn't. Endgame and all competitive content happens at max level.

Buying a boost only helps get you to the starting line, it doesn't give you any edge in the competition.
    Same as above
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-06-02 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as above
    You don't need to reply to everything that quotes you if you find it tiring, but I have no intention of scrolling through your post history to address things you've said in the past. I'm literally just addressing your statement about levelling up increasing power. It increases your power only in terms of reach the starting point.

It does nothing to increase your power where things are actually competitive and where you can win. You don't "win" in a MMO by reaching max level.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    15 dollars a month is far from "unreasonable" for the amount of content you get. I can barely get a movie ticket alone for that price and that lasts 2 whole hours. Good luck trying to find tickets to any type of show for less than 15 dollars and those will end in a few hours too.

If you want to play a private server thats fine but dont pretend like your doing it because WoW is "expensive".

If you are truly so poverty stricken that a monthly sub is too expensive, you really should consider focusing on improving your real life and quit wasting time playing WoW. You must be cutting corners on the actual important things in life if a measly wow sub is "unreasonably expensive".
    Nah man, it is $21 a month after taxes, after a box price every 2 years, that is absurd. I survive just fine, but I already own every version of WoW so it is within my right to play them as I see fit. You pay the fee for content which they fall behind basically every other cheaper mmo, even ones that don't have fees put out more content. Activision is just greedy and it is becoming more obvious as the years move on.