Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone know if the digital deluxe mount gives you 100% mount speed? I mean does it save you like 1000g or something? I don't know how classic works but iremember mount costs more than the riding. If so it's pretty worth. Can anyone confirm this?

gotta love a a timescale that goes from 11PM to 12 AM.. the logic is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    Does anyone know if the digital deluxe mount gives you 100% mount speed? I mean does it save you like 1000g or something? I don't know how classic works but iremember mount costs more than the riding. If so it's pretty worth. Can anyone confirm this?
    According to tbc.wowhead.com it only requires level 40 and only requires riding skill 75 (apprentice) and it will give you 100%. So at level 40, if you learn apprentice riding skill which is available from level 10 in Burning Crusade you will have a 100% mount from level 40.

Regular 60% mounts start at level 30 in Burning Crusade (down from level 40). But you don't have any 100% speed mount until level 60 just like in Vanilla. But with this paid mount you will have epic ground mount speeds 20 levels earlier.

You are saving yourself the price of the epic mount which is not lowered in Burning Crusade. But you gain more gold in Outland so it's easier to save up for epic mount in Burning Crusade overall. But you are still saving yourself those 1000G. And you also gain access to your epic mount much earlier in the game.

Calling it "Pay-2-Win" is taking it a bit far. But considering how much in-game gold you are saving, and how you gain access to epic ground mount 20 levels earlier than you have ever been able to do in Burning Crusade I think its safe to say it's one of the most "Pay-2-Gain-an-Advantage" kind of deal we have ever had in World of WarCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    You are saving yourself the price of the epic mount which is not lowered in Burning Crusade. But you gain more gold in Outland so it's easier to save up for epic mount in Burning Crusade overall. But you are still saving yourself those 1000G. And you also gain access to your epic mount much earlier in the game.
    In the long run, you're not saving a lot of people because you still need to buy epic riding in order to learn flying (riding 225), however, what is appaling is that even for previous storemounts, Blizzard had the decency of making their speed scale with your current riding skill.

And having a 100% mount 20 levels earlier and the leeway to not buy epic riding until you're 70 is obviously an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Imagine not behaving like an immature jerk on a public forum.
    Hes right tho, imagine blizz catering to the entitlement of the vocal minority xd

the pricing model is hilarious, no different than holding the classic vanilla loving players to ransom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Hes right tho, imagine blizz catering to the entitlement of the vocal minority xd
    Not sure if troll or stupid. Everyone who wants to play the new races is now fucked and their guilds are also impacted by having to wait a few extra weeks until their roster is complete. Pretty much every single guild in wow is impacted negatively by this. How the fuck is this entitlement?

Not sure if troll or stupid. Everyone who wants to play the new races is now fucked and their guilds are also impacted by having to wait a few extra weeks until their roster is complete. Pretty much every single guild in wow is impacted negatively by this. How the fuck is this entitlement?
    The guilds that actually need the new races for their high end progression will have them ready in the 2 weeks without issues, the people that are affected negatively by this are people with barely any time for tbc release which are most likely not part of a high end guild that needs the new races asap, its simple.

3+ Year Old Account
    This thread is the perfect example that mmoc ppl will cry about everything, doesnt matter ehat they get. rofl

The problem isn't the Digital Deluxe itself, nor its price. It's the fact that you gain obvious in-game advantages. And considering people are only getting two weeks to level their Blood Elves and Draeneis that 100% mount speed from level 40 is starting to look might attractive for some people.

This is the first time Blizzard has ever offered a Digital Deluxe Edition that gives you direct advantages in the game when it comes to Gold and in-game advantages like having 100% mount speed from level 40. Something that is not possible to obtain in the game and was never available in the original TBC. You have to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition to have access to 100% speed from level 40. There is no other way.

Why wouldn't people complain about this? When they add Digital Deluxe Edition to retail it's all cosmetics that provides no in-game advantage of any kind. This is something completely different.

Obviously, a lot of people won't care at all. And that's fine. Others will happily pay for the Digital Deluxe Edition be happy with the advantages they get. Which is also fine. But you can't really complain about people not being happy about Blizzard suddenly starting to implement paid-for in-game advantages when the game has been out for 17 years without offering anything like this before.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much moaning in all wrong directions:

Character boost: It is good and it is bad. Vanilla and BC were a big deal about the leveling experience, skipping it you miss a great deal of the game. You don´t care about it? fine, go with the boost.
    On the other hand, I am using the boost: I have leveled other characters but the one I want to main in BC classic is not going to be near the level I want to be at least, when BC comes out. I will not have time to level it, so this boost is simply convenient, because my gaming time is 1/10th of what it was 16 years ago. I can use one, and only one... how does that affect nothing at all? (sadly, this move has been made to make people see it like I do... crap, so sudden = no time = lol boost).

Pre patch time being too short?
    yes, sucks, but on the other hand, we did not have such thing back then, where belfs and Draenei had time to level up.. lol, you had to start from level 1 when others were jumping into Hellfire. So you could argue that giving even 2 weeks is way too much for that matter.. as that is not the real experience.
    Also, it is sad that they do releases based on competitors... now now, that is NOTHING new, but in this case.. it feels way too rushed.. what are they afraid of? maybe generate quality content.. so you can beat competitors anytime?

Giving mounts and skills behind this pay wall? That is fucking wrong, and it is not optional: it is mandatory. Because the moment the option exists and a few thousand players use it, you are already set behind two type of players: Those who buy it and those who will play no life style. So you will fall behind far more than you would normally if you do not buy this now. If you plan to play a bit competitively with little time, there is no reason not to take advantage and give Blizzard your money (smart short term business but poison for the game´s long term life).

The toys couldn´t make less of a difference, to be honest.

Character copy for classic era
    .... Roflcopter you pay almost as much as Shadowland´s price? to copy one character? that is because they know that peopel who invested time on their level 60 maxed out toons, will have no other choice but to pay, if they somehow wish to keep those character. (Yes, some people want to and you gotta respect it, this is World of Warcraft, a digital hobby, not any other ordinary game. Old Blizzard knew that and always acted with that in mind... the current business men see it as a massive profit oportunity instead)

I think that, all in all, the whole mount and skill is too much. The price is too much and the other things literally do not matter, but people want to make a drama out of all. It is obvious that the current Blizzard does not care about the game, they only care about profitability: check the last reports... "30% player base drop? who cares? money keeps coming big! muahaha", that is all they see. Quite the opposite of the original Blizzard, hence why they all jumped out of the sinking ship.

To be honest, stop complaining and enjoy what little is left to enjoy, because the trajectory is sadly quite clear. They will not listen to players, their business model is now more clear than ever: short term profitability. That means little investment but lots of micro transactions, cosmetics, free legendary items and absurd power systems to keep people hooked... sadly the current gaming generation seems to be a bunch of people with no gaming values whatsoever... shiny wins over game experience for them.

I will play BC classic because BC was a far better experience that whatever new patch comes out (yes, you play a patch, not an expansion, remember that). Many of this "changes" they are doing as plain toxic for the gaming experience, others, honestly, are just fine. Again, enjoy it while it lasts.
    Last edited by shise; 2021-05-07 at 07:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    Level up after release too? The prepatch isnt designed for draenei and BE to get to 58 lol. When was that ever the idea? Be thankful you get a head start for 2 weeks because it was never there originally back in the day.
    blizzard literally said "we wanted to give players time to level up their draenei and belves to be ready for the opening of the dark portal"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    You just know they're gonna start selling Spectral Tigers in some ridiculous 6 month game time package.
    i hope so!

The problem isn't the Digital Deluxe itself, nor its price. It's the fact that you gain obvious in-game advantages. And considering people are only getting two weeks to level their Blood Elves and Draeneis that 100% mount speed from level 40 is starting to look might attractive for some people.

This is the first time Blizzard has ever offered a Digital Deluxe Edition that gives you direct advantages in the game when it comes to Gold and in-game advantages like having 100% mount speed from level 40. Something that is not possible to obtain in the game and was never available in the original TBC. You have to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition to have access to 100% speed from level 40. There is no other way.

Why wouldn't people complain about this? When they add Digital Deluxe Edition to retail it's all cosmetics that provides no in-game advantage of any kind. This is something completely different.

Obviously, a lot of people won't care at all. And that's fine. Others will happily pay for the Digital Deluxe Edition be happy with the advantages they get. Which is also fine. But you can't really complain about people not being happy about Blizzard suddenly starting to implement paid-for in-game advantages when the game has been out for 17 years without offering anything like this before.
    Did they confirm that the shit mount will be 100% at level 30 though? Cause they do have the tech to scale it to the player's riding skill, and I doubt they'd risk the outrage and unfairness.

- - - Updated - - -

According to tbc.wowhead.com it only requires level 40 and only requires riding skill 75 (apprentice) and it will give you 100%. So at level 40, if you learn apprentice riding skill which is available from level 10 in Burning Crusade you will have a 100% mount from level 40.

Regular 60% mounts start at level 30 in Burning Crusade (down from level 40). But you don't have any 100% speed mount until level 60 just like in Vanilla. But with this paid mount you will have epic ground mount speeds 20 levels earlier.

Calling it "Pay-2-Win" is taking it a bit far. But considering how much in-game gold you are saving, and how you gain access to epic ground mount 20 levels earlier than you have ever been able to do in Burning Crusade I think its safe to say it's one of the most "Pay-2-Gain-an-Advantage" kind of deal we have ever had in World of WarCraft.
    You're saving only 100g. That's the epic mount cost. And you'll need 150 riding anyway to be able to train flying.

Dude, just be glad you dont have to wait until the tbc release to start those characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people hit level 60 in less than two weeks in classic. With the reduced XP requirement, anyone seriously trying to cap a new race before the launch will probably be able to.
    And tbh, if you can't hit it in two weeks, you're a casual imo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but being slightly behind the curve into Outland is not going to harm you in any way unless you're a hardcore raider.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Isn't june 1st a Tuesday? Not a monday...
    yeah idk where mmochamp got theirs from, unless the blizzard one was wrong and it got fixed, cause the official post has

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    the pricing model is hilarious, no different than holding the classic vanilla loving players to ransom.
    holding them to ransom?
    How is that holding them to ransom, everything is iterally 100% optional...

Yay, more classic servers I won't play.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i agree but based on private server data,tbc not only did worse than vanila,but it did WAAAAAY worse,i dont understand it honestly,but its how it is
    Private servers tho.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Private servers tho.
    yeah,a good game wasnt popular free,its gonna somehow be now that its not free? the vanila private servers had insanely huge populations,wrath was second,its like every new server coming out was wrath,meanwile tbc has been dead

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah,a good game wasnt popular free,its gonna somehow be now that its not free? the vanila private servers had insanely huge populations,wrath was second,its like every new server coming out was wrath,meanwile tbc has been dead
    It has a lot to do with scripting tho.
    WotLK was best scripted server for years and still didn't work well. Do you think every WotLK server is as "bugless" as that one popular server (which is inflating it's population just to sell VIP). No, it took them years on years to fix everything. TBC was never picked up like that.
    Vanilla caught up, but during cata, vanilla servers were still dogshit code. Most of the still are dogshit and I doubt on "insanely popular" - Nost was popular, others just picked up whatever got scattered after closure and most of those servers were bugged anyway. Can remember checking on "popular" out before classic. They were banning people for killing NPC which you could kill if flagged "at war" because it would not respawn until server restart. What a joke.