Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Ah yes, a loyal customer whom, despite 10 years of services NOT being free, spends the time they say they don’t have to level bitching about their services on forums.

It’s not free for them, why would you ever expect it to be free for you? That’s just not how it works.

Will it cost them $35 to run a series of scripts/data copies? Of course not. They’re greedy. And have been for a long, long time.
    Well, that's a way to miss a point I guess.

It's a Classic game launch. Classic WoW did not have any of this BS on launch, but they are just fucking every TBC fan over with this launch containing "micro transactions" which cost like AAA title like we are some second grade players.

Everyone knows that they are greedy, but they weren't greedy for Classic players, they just fuck TBC players over.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    .... by letting people buy extra stuff with real money if they want to?
    How exactly does that make a game better?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    you didn't get a damn mount for irl money.
    TCG Mount cards say HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

but they are just fucking every TBC fan over with this launch containing "micro transactions" which cost like AAA title like we are some second grade players.
    Who exactly is getting fucked over? I care little about people using Character Boosts. I will be using one myself. I levelled to TBC 14 years ago. Who the fuck cares.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the 35$ price is odscene, but making people pay for it is perfectly normal.
    Meh $39.99 for Boost seems fine to me, that's barely more than I earn an Hour for my Job. Meaning I can get to 58 in 1-2hr worth of real work, or 6 day's worth of "ingame" work.

1 is infinitely better value for my time to skip the trash that is Azeorth leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Who exactly is getting fucked over? I care little about people using Character Boosts. I will be using one myself. I levelled to TBC 14 years ago. Who the fuck cares.
    Who cares? Blatantly a lot of people. Just because it’s a non issue for you doesn’t mean it’s a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You bought cards, not mounts. Items were a bonus if you don't see a difference I guess you can't tell the difference between a Cargo Ship vs A Bicycle.
    Lot's of people care here. There are just a lot of assholes who love to come in screaming "who cares, lol QQ losers"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No I just think its hilariously stupid and absolutely entertaining watching people get so mad about it. Like the people that actively play retail and bitch about it nonstop entertaining. In very different ways obv.

Also the clone cost is clearly designed to get people to not use it. Like how a boost is set at 60. Its partially to for the money and partially to dissuade people from using it. I dont agree with it but I also think they should have forced everyone into TBC and just added fresh classic servers instead.
    I guess you find people amusing being passionate about anything then. If you think that is stupid then you clearly lack judgement and basic understanding. I mean by the "edgy" position you can already see that you just say shit to piss people off even more.

Forcing everyone into TBC? What about people who were only asking for Classic WoW? Fuck them over? I mean I doubt you are that dumb, so again, I will assume you say this stuff to piss people off.

Just checked your past threads and posts. Not wasting any brain power on you anymore. Seek help.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is the issue with this $35 service?

Blizzard are going to be running 3 versions of WoW off 1 subscription and people are mad because they're making you pay to copy your maxxed out chars to new servers?

Did anybody really expect Blizzard to let you play Retail, TBC and Classic simultaneously off of 1 sub and not expect them to try and recoup some money elsewhere?

Well, that's a way to miss a point I guess.

It's a Classic game launch. Classic WoW did not have any of this BS on launch, but they are just fucking every TBC fan over with this launch containing "micro transactions" which cost like AAA title like we are some second grade players.

Everyone knows that they are greedy, but they weren't greedy for Classic players, they just fuck TBC players over.
    They didn’t fuck over anyone. You can play both versions at no additional cost. Those AAA titles you’re talking about like Skyrim or GTA that keep re-releasing on new/add’l platforms and still charge a MANDATORY $60 for it, even though you’ve bought the previous versions?

They didn’t fuck over anyone. You can play both versions at no additional cost. Those AAA titles you’re talking about like Skyrim or GTA that keep re-releasing on new/add’l platforms and still charge a MANDATORY $60 for it, even though you’ve bought the previous versions?
    Well, you know, Witcher? Borderlands? No Man Sky has absolute Gods of developers despite massive fuck up at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alraml View Post
    Did anybody really expect Blizzard to let you play Retail, TBC and Classic simultaneously off of 1 sub and not expect them to try and recoup some money elsewhere?
    I hope not, but Blizzard taking $35 for running some scripts is still ridiculous.
    Definition of irony:

Well, you know, Witcher? Borderlands? No Man Sky has absolute Gods of developers despite massive fuck up at the start.
    Oh? They’re giving away their re-releases?

Oh? They’re giving away their re-releases?
    https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...26520311369728

Don't know abour Borderlands.

No Man's Sky has been getting constant patches and new free content for years since its release almost 5 years ago.
    https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/10/no...ration-update/
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    It doesn't make the game better as such, but it will make Blizzard earn more money, which should incite Blizzard to keep WoW up and running for many years to come. So in that sense it is very good for the game.

I for one greatly approve of all the cosmetic stuff. The more people buy stuff that cost virtually nothing to produce the longer I can play WoW and still pay the same I have paid for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It doesn't make the game better as such, but it will make Blizzard earn more money, which should incite Blizzard to keep WoW up and running for many years to come. So in that sense it is very good for the game.

I for one greatly approve of all the cosmetic stuff. The more people buy stuff that cost virtually nothing to produce the longer I can play WoW and still pay the same I have paid for many years.
    Or, you know, it incites Blizzard to sell more cosmetic stuff instead of just selling good games.

Anyway, you can say that about any monetization method. It's not exclusive to selling in-game items for money. So how exactly does the game become better for it on any objective level, versus just having a fair price?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!

"Players who wish to experience the best of both worlds will be able to use the optional character cloning service (available May 18, $35 per character), which will allow them to continue playing a copy of an existing character on a Classic Era realm while also advancing into Burning Crusade Classic."

Pretty sure this means moving a character to Classic Servers. Not moving a character to TBC

Or, you know, it incites Blizzard to sell more cosmetic stuff instead of just selling good games.

Anyway, you can say that about any monetization method. It's not exclusive to selling in-game items for money. So how exactly does the game become better for it on any objective level, versus just having a fair price?
    You have much higher expectations of big business than I do
    I look at it from this angle:If "worthless cosmetic junk" sold at an insane price can keep Blizzard developing and supporting WoW then I am all for it. And it has the added benefit that it can keep the subscription price stable.
    It encourages Blizzard to keep making new expansions and other version of Classic WoW, knowing that it can sell these expansions and versions at a premium price if they include some cosmetic stuff.

And there is no such as "a fair" price in a capitalistic society. IF a company can sell something for 35$ even though it cost virtually nothing to produce then it is worth 35$.
    Blizzard and similar companies produce this ridiculous cosmetic stuff because it can sell it, not because it is "objectively good".

Added:
    While I on a personal level would prefer that Blizzard spent all its resources on making good games, and that is very individual , but Blizzard is a business like any other and its "job" is to make money, so I have to live with the consequences of that money-making.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-05-07 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WoW Classic characters that existed before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch will each be automatically cloned onto their respective Classic Era realm. You don't have to do anything"

This in on the FAQ page guys. 2021 and people can't read basic information

7+ Year Old Account
    .... by letting people buy extra stuff with real money if they want to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    no.. literally not how it works.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...26520311369728

Don't know abour Borderlands.

No Man's Sky has been getting constant patches and new free content for years since its release almost 5 years ago.
    https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/10/no...ration-update/
    That’s cool and all, but Blizzard is doing basically the same thing, aren’t they? The only charges are for additional services - existing players can move to TBC at no cost.