Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Who cares? Blatantly a lot of people. Just because it’s a non issue for you doesn’t mean it’s a non issue.
    It's a non-issue to me because it is a non-issue. Literally anyone trying to find "issues" are just crying manbabies at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You bought cards, not mounts.
    Most People bought specifically the Mount Cards. for Money. To unlock a Mount in game. For real Money. Because they bought the Mount Card with Real Money. To use in the Game.

Maybe that's enough times for you to easily understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So people who has several characters on classic server will only be able to take one character "for free" to tbc classic and for the rest they will have to pay 35$ a pop? Nice business model!
    They can take them all for free to TBC. Or keep them on CLassic. If they want them on both then they pay.

Everyone knows that they are greedy, but they weren't greedy for Classic players, they just fuck TBC players over.
    Of course they weren't, because they didn't give a shit about Classic - they just launched it because some software engineers figured out how to run it in a very efficient manner.
    And then Blizzard just threw it out and said "yeah sure whatever" because they didn't believe it would actually become a success on that level and thus couldn't be arsed to throw in MTX.

Bear in mind that Blizzard initially believed that 4 Servers for the enterity of the EU would be enough.

Now they know people are interested in it, that's why there are now MTX, because they know no matter how hard some players complain about MTX, there are enough people willing to buy it and not enough willing to quit over it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-07 at 01:37 PM.

I think it's pretty clear MMO-Champion is being paid not to make a headline of the ridiculous prices of the digital services announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a non-issue to me because it is a non-issue. Literally anyone trying to find "issues" are just crying manbabies at this point.
    What a smart take. Insulting the opposition. Well, not worth any time wasting on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So most people on this website are crying manbabies then, gotcha. No one's 'trying' to find issues, these aren't exactly unreasonable complaints we're raising here. You can disagree, but that doesn't make the complaints less valid.

I can understand people not caring about the boosts existing or the prices; I don't agree but I can see where they're coming from at least. But can anyone seriously defend the deluxe edition mount going live with 100% movement speed at level 40? That could change, but as it stands right now, that's the case. That is literally the definition of P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    I think it's pretty clear MMO-Champion is being paid not to make a headline of the ridiculous prices of the digital services announced.
    I’ve paid $0 irl cash to play the game the last year, and will continue to pay $0 to play TBC.

Juicy headline indeed.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Classic was the hook. It got popular and got retail babbies curious. Now that they have the attention of the whales and the average retail players BC "Classic" is aimed at them, not at the classic players, this thread is proof enough. Shame, I really wanted to play it and Wrath too when it came but it's clear it's not gonna be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    By fresh, you mean all from scratch? that makes no sense. BC was always an expansion to vanilla content.
    By fresh, I mean completely fresh.

Why does it matter it was not like that in the original Burning Crusade? We have moved far away from the original experience already by providing boosts, deluxe editions, changes to how pre-patch works, the length of pre-patch, by changing seals and whatnot.

I don't have any issues with it not staying true to form. But if we can have boost and whatnot. Why can't we have fresh servers? It doesn't make much sense to argue for boost one second and be against fresh servers because that's not how it used to be the next second.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And there is no such as "a fair" price in a capitalistic society. IF a company can sell something for 35$ even though it cost virtually nothing to produce then it is worth 35$.
    Of course there is. It's not universal, but you will definitelly find a lot more people who think, for instance, 20$ is a fair price, than you will find people who think 35$ is a fair price.

Equally, selling a product for 35$ doesn't mean it's universally worth 35$, it just means the product was worth 35$ for that person who purchased it.

But yea, I supposed the problem is the capitalism indeed. What is implemented is not what makes the game better, it's what sells most for the least amount of effort/investment. It's being in the business of using games to extract money from people, instead of just being in the business of making games.

Which is my whole point: they don't make the game better in any way. You can't just say it "allows them to keep developing and supporting WoW", and allows the "subscription price to be stable" - you don't know those things. And the fact is there are plenty of good examples where games keep being developed and supported with a stable price without excessive monetization.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    but Blizzard is a business like any other and its "job" is to make money, so I have to live with the consequences of that money-making.
    Ok, but why would we as customers just blindly accept that and not criticize it and defend our interests? There's a difference between making money (ie making enough revenue that you offset wages and expenses and get some return) and trying to make "all the money".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    .... by letting people buy extra stuff with real money if they want to?
    Great argument.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 02:39 PM.

2 weeks pre-patch. Well, fuck Bloodelf/Draenai Players I guess.
    How much time did you get originally? Was it when the portal opened? Or did they give you two weeks to level the new races?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Great, but how the fuck are normal people supposed to level draeneis/BEs in 2 weeks? Give us a brutal xp boost for the prepatch or something.
    You got zero days to level originally. So two weeks is a plus. I don't think they should of let you do it until release of TBC personally. And that is based off of the reactions of them giving you two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    That’s cool and all, but Blizzard is doing basically the same thing, aren’t they? The only charges are for additional services - existing players can move to TBC at no cost.
    Well, if you ignore the subscription fee. And the fact that unreasonably priced additional services are a form of monetization, which those mentioned games don't really do. So I wouldn't say they are the same thing at all.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 02:40 PM.

What dumb logic is that?
    Original launch didn't have character boosts, it also had more raids available and you didn't get a damn mount for irl money. You are essentially missing launch experience and you know what? TBC had growing population, so you constantly had MORE player to play with. If you think that TBC will be played as much two months into the expansion as it was on first week - well

- - - Updated - - -

OR! They could have allowed boosts for Belfs...?!
    it in fact WILL be played as much in 2 months if not more so. You have a rep grind to do just to get into heroic dungeons. You have LOTS to do the whole time. You obviously never played TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

What dumb logic is that?
    Original launch didn't have character boosts, it also had more raids available and you didn't get a damn mount for irl money. You are essentially missing launch experience and you know what? TBC had growing population, so you constantly had MORE player to play with. If you think that TBC will be played as much two months into the expansion as it was on first week - well

- - - Updated - - -

OR! They could have allowed boosts for Belfs...?!
    People that want crap like this....are why we can't have nice things anymore....like good xpacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Too soon imo, barely enough time to prep a blood elf/draenei. Also no new fresh servers is very dissapointing. Still looking forward to play, especially considering how long Shadowlands has been in a drought. I guess 9.1 at the very earliest would be 1 month later, at the latest somewhere in August.
    You should get zero days to prep like how it was originally. Be lucky you get two weeks to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Ok...

So Late June-Early July release for 9.1, then.
    More like a late july to late August.

anyone else in NA seeing June 2 this morning? seem like someone forgot to feed the region detection hamster.

Hmm this morning it was June 1st and an hour ago it was the 2nd, which is right now? It was in my Bnet launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Blizzard promised to give ample time and it would be actually nice if they actually did. Also thanks for being empathic for people who wanna play the new races without getting left behind by everyone else.
    Why should we be? You got zero days originally. Getting two weeks has only caused an uproar and demand for more time. Blizzard could of easily made it to where you couldn't start until that portal opened. Some people just want to be ungrateful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i agree but based on private server data,tbc not only did worse than vanila,but it did WAAAAAY worse,i dont understand it honestly,but its how it is
    Based off of private server data? You realize most of us NEVER played on private servers because you never knew how long it would last? Now that blizzard has a legal and sanctioned server....people like me are going to be "all in" on TBC. And when you go by blizzards server data....WoW did BETTER in TBC then it did in Vanilla as the population continued to rise.

- - - Updated - - -

"With the release of the Burning Crusade Classic pre-expansion patch, players will also get access to the Blood Elf and Draenei races early before the Dark Portal opens. This will allow players to get a jump on leveling so they can join their friends in Outland."

Well, yeah, if you can play 8-10 hours a day - sure, you will be able to do dungeons with your friends. Otherwise, sorry - at least they will be able you to boost in Kara.
    I think MMO's are just too much of a time sink for you. Level with other people. Catering to crowds like you are why retail itself is so unbearable now. You HAVE to see that. You want to play a new race? Start from level 1 like everybody else did. Know what they didn't get? Two weeks to level in a pre-patch. A pre-patch where the leveling XP needed to level up is nerfed. The 1-43 level experience today will be the 1-60 experience time wise in pre-patch.

Or you can start off with your max level char or boosted 58 with a different race. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    How much time did you get originally? Was it when the portal opened? Or did they give you two weeks to level the new races?

- - - Updated - - -

You got zero days to level originally. So two weeks is a plus. I don't think they should of let you do it until release of TBC personally. And that is based off of the reactions of them giving you two weeks.

How is this relevant to anything? Blizzard announced TBC Classic back in February. A part of the announcement was the developer doing round-table telling players how one of the great changes they are doing is to allow for players to start levelling the new races during pre-patch providing ample time for everyone to be ready to get through the dark portal from the beginning.

They have already created the expectations that we would have ample time to level the new races during pre-patch. They even acknowledge how the original way of doing it was a mistake as the community got split. Many people going from level 1 while the rest went through the dark portal. They wanted to unify this. That was the whole purpose behind the idea of changing it. Or at least that what they themselves claimed back in February.

This makes for players not preparing for a huge power levelling of these new races. And it almost makes for players that didn't play Vanilla Classic that was going to play TBC to simply wait for pre-patch because they wanted access to new races or they simply wanted the improved levelling experience in pre-patch before getting started.

Now they have no time to do either before the dark portal opens. Creating a huge flux in the demand for boosts. Such a horrible way of handling it. If they didn't set these expectations back in Februrary. None of this would have been any issue. They created the whole situations themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I guess you didnt play back in the day... the pre-patch lasted for a MONTH before launch.
    Sure new races werent playable back then but atleast the pre-patch was out for longer than 2 weeks.
    What exactly do you want to do in the pre-patch that you can't do now? You need 4 weeks to look at your new talents?
    You got zero leveling time with the new races as you stated. They are giving you two weeks now. It's time to move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Hmm this morning it was June 1st and an hour ago it was the 2nd, which is right now? It was in my Bnet launcher.

this is the right date.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Only you can't boost BElfs or Dranei.
    that's right. Because they are new races with their own beginning campaign that is TBC content. You should have to level up a brand new race. They shouldn't even be giving these leveling boosts but we have to accept that blizzard is about capitalizing on their past success rather then wanting to actually do something for the players.
    They shouldn't even give you guys two weeks to level imo. As changing it from how it was originally has only created a new problem and a new demand to skip content and turn past games into retail.

- - - Updated - - -

What evidence do you have? That 2 weeks is enough to level 1-58? Can you give me percentile of players who are leveling at this speed?

- - - Updated - - -

Should have to wait for them? What? How about just releasing races + classes sooner? Like.. Now? Is 1st of June for some reason will be further ahead if they released it now? That's not how the time works.
    because releasing belfs and draenie during classic is NOT how it happened. I really wish blizzard would just change their minds and release it originally. Where you get zero days. Because catering to a loud minority of players that aren't going to be playing in 2 months anyway would be a big mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't think Draenei & Blood Elves are actually playable in the pre-patch.
    They weren't originally, no. But this time they are letting them level them in the pre-patch to give them a two week headstart. And now all of the Dad's are on here complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I don't know, I missed it because original boost with original shop mount and original ability to copy my Vanilla char for "just 35$". That's a lame excuse. Originally we had new servers btw. Give me new server and I don't give a shit.