Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    Wait, so hold on. I'm dumb, how does this work? Right now, I began a week or two ago and leveled a Warlock out of nostalgia for Classic, level 30 now. Pretty certain I *will not* hit level 60 before this comes out. Realistically I'd be, maybe 40 or 45 by the time TBC comes out, as I don't play A LOT, but I want to experience TBC again, will have to pay to boost my character up to 60, or can I continue leveling the character in its normal pace and then head on out to Outland at 58? I'm gonna need someone to TLDR this to me, like I'm 5.
    if you're only intention is to play your lock in TBC:C then you will not have to pay anything outside of the sub price to play the game. The only thing you pay for is if you want to keep a character at level 60 AND a copy for TBC or if you're buying the level 58 boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    if you're only intention is to play your lock in TBC:C then you will not have to pay anything outside of the sub price to play the game. The only thing you pay for is if you want to keep a character at level 60 AND a copy for TBC or if you're buying the level 58 boost.
    Thanks for the reply! I may boost my Rogue up, just for fun. But I plan on leveling my Lock all the way up to TBC.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

I can't believe everyone is complaining about a short 2 week prepatch when the real issue is that the beta is so full of bugs yet they are already launching the game XD

Who cares about the prepatch, care about the fact that the game isn't developed to a point where it is ready to be launched lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunai View Post
    I can't believe everyone is complaining about a short 2 week prepatch when the real issue is that the beta is so full of bugs yet they are already launching the game XD

Who cares about the prepatch, care about the fact that the game isn't developed to a point where it is ready to be launched lmao.
    Probably because a hell of a lot more people don't play/don't pay close attention to the beta and instead are more likely to react to announcements. Crazy, huh

Horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    While I am glad for BC and have been eagerly looking forward to it this short of notice complete ruins my plans for launch. I had a group of friends we were going to use vacation time to dungeon grind to 70 over the first couple days of the expansion. Because of Blizzard giving this short of notice two people in the group will not be able to give adequate notice to their employers to use vacation time for the launch. Thanks Blizz, all you had to do was be forthcoming with the information a few weeks earlier.
    Oh the horror! You cant take vacation to play 10yo game! I cant imagine the pain you are in right now, Im so sorry for you loss, but dont give up! You can still be biggest neck beard in your hood, just need to sacrifice ehm "your life"!

return to 8 hours login ques day 1 day 2 week 1

I will continue to enjoy my Wrath Private Server thank you very much, too expensive to play actual WoW, unreasonably so.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I will continue to enjoy my Wrath Private Server thank you very much, too expensive to play actual WoW, unreasonably so.
    15 dollars a month is far from "unreasonable" for the amount of content you get. I can barely get a movie ticket alone for that price and that lasts 2 whole hours. Good luck trying to find tickets to any type of show for less than 15 dollars and those will end in a few hours too.

If you want to play a private server thats fine but dont pretend like your doing it because WoW is "expensive".

If you are truly so poverty stricken that a monthly sub is too expensive, you really should consider focusing on improving your real life and quit wasting time playing WoW. You must be cutting corners on the actual important things in life if a measly wow sub is "unreasonably expensive".

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    What’s the appeal to re-play a game you already played 24/7, 15 years ago?

I recall really enjoying my time playing burning crusade back in the day lots of fun and time spent doing that. But do I want to do it all over again? Honestly I’m not sure maybe but probably not.
    I suspect there's no consistency on how many hours per week were played back in 2007 by those coming back to play BC now, so 24/7 question is a bit odd. Are you only asking no-lifers who actually did play every waking moment, why they are replaying it? If so, I would think the answer obvious. If they played it 24/7 back then, they were already replaying it. So to say, replaying World of Warcraft is what they do.

For me, I also really enjoyed it the first time around, which is why I will replay it. Just like I regularly replay tennis, basketball, bowling, and various other activities. I tend to "replay" activities I enjoyed doing.

"Hey, you want to go shoot some hoops?"
    "Nah. I mean it was really fun the first time, but I already did basketball 15 years ago, so I don't want to do that all over again."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    15 dollars a month is far from "unreasonable" for the amount of content you get. I can barely get a movie ticket alone for that price and that lasts 2 whole hours. Good luck trying to find tickets to any type of show for less than 15 dollars and those will end in a few hours too.
    "For the price of a cup of coffee you too could pay a poor child's WoW subscription for a month".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    endgame TBC wasn't fun until the wrath pre-patch. Ret was a non-existent spec and gear was near-impossibly difficult to come by. I do have fond memories of the leveling experience though.

It would be so nice, if the WoW sites would not make continous advertisment for these cash grabs. But i guess its fine now posting wall street directed news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I can understand using them despite not liking them - sometimes the usefulness or desire of those services outweights the ridiculous prices. What I can't understand is not just liking them, but even defending them.
    I like the boost because classic is not something I ever wanted.

I would have loved 58lvl start servers
    Fresh no boost/transfer servers
    And the current servers where you just continue with your character.

I think boost is ok and I can defend it, but I will still criticize Blizzard for charging for it instead of just setting up fresh servers for anti-boost people and selling a service for 40$ which costs them almost nothing. Not even talking about character copy. Point is - they could have introduced boost in several different ways which would be way more consumer/community friendly and boost itself is not a problem. Price for it and how Blizz approached it is dogshit.

6pm eastern release lol. That's not june 1st hell 3 hours later i'm going to bed for work next morning. What ever happened to midnight releases.

Quote Originally Posted by clark2006 View Post
    6pm eastern release lol. That's not june 1st hell 3 hours later i'm going to bed for work next morning. What ever happened to midnight releases.
    It does release at midnight. Just not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Oh the horror! You cant take vacation to play 10yo game! I cant imagine the pain you are in right now, Im so sorry for you loss, but dont give up! You can still be biggest neck beard in your hood, just need to sacrifice ehm "your life"!
    Imagine the horror of this guy's day to day life that he has such a response to someone wanting to spend a measly 3 vacation days playing a video game with friends/family.

Quote Originally Posted by clark2006 View Post
    Its always worked like this but regionally. Previously it was 12am us eastern but in more recent years they have switched from launching regionally to worldwide, gmt time. I hope this answers your question.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Alraml View Post
    I imagine 90% of the playerbase will go TBC

My question is, what's the point of copying a max level character?

Surely the people would want to start fresh for a new experience
    I hope you are being sarcastic because the point of copying a max level character is to go to Outland immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    So most people on this website are crying manbabies then, gotcha. No one's 'trying' to find issues, these aren't exactly unreasonable complaints we're raising here. You can disagree, but that doesn't make the complaints less valid.

I can understand people not caring about the boosts existing or the prices; I don't agree but I can see where they're coming from at least. But can anyone seriously defend the deluxe edition mount going live with 100% movement speed at level 40? That could change, but as it stands right now, that's the case. That is literally the definition of P2W.
    NO it isn't. You aren't winning anything by having that mount. People really need to understand what P2W actually means

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. You aren't winning anything by having that mount. People really need to understand what P2W actually means
    I respectfully disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I respectfully disagree.
    Paying for convenience and Paying to win is two different things. You might disagree; but some parts of humanity has always refused to acknowledge facts. It's a shame, but that's how humanity works. Doesn't make it any less of a fact, though. You're disagreeing with something that's set in stone because it doesn't work with your personal agenda here, I'm guessing? Whatever that agenda is - I surely have no idea.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Paying for convenience and Paying to win is two different things. You might disagree; but some parts of humanity has always refused to acknowledge facts. It's a shame, but that's how humanity works. Doesn't make it any less of a fact, though. You're disagreeing with something that's set in stone because it doesn't work with your personal agenda here, I'm guessing? Whatever that agenda is - I surely have no idea.
    You're not paying for convenience though, you're paying to win. You're both doing mental gymnastics to justify otherwise in my eyes, I don't see how anyone can think differently and clearly a lot of people here do too. The 100% mount speed thing was debunked and isn't in the game (thank God), but I do think that a leveling boost and WoW token is still P2W and no force will make me believe otherwise. In no way do I think that you are being factual in any way.

Frankly, I wish I just didn't post on these forums; it gets really exhausting waking up to find someone calling you out for something that you said weeks ago and really just hardly care about anymore. I stand by what I said but no one's convincing anyone of anything, it's almost impossible to change someones mind on topics like this. I'm just repeating myself and it’s not even a discussion half the time, just people telling you that you’re factually wrong.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-06-02 at 06:31 AM.