Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fresh TBC Classic server now or never

We need to get fresh servers on 18th this month, no one will wait for them 2 or 3 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    We need to get fresh servers on 18th this month, no one will wait for them 2 or 3 months later.
    People literally waited 6+ years to experience TBC again and fresh servers will be used to extend engagement, not boost a launch.

So never then?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Fresh servers were never mentioned so if they ever happen it won't be anytime soon.
    At the very least, not this year.
    Maybe after wotlk classic is done and they don't continue into Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Fresh servers were never mentioned so if they ever happen it won't be anytime soon.
    At the very least, not this year.
    Maybe after wotlk classic is done and they don't continue into Cataclysm.
    They were never mentioned but they are pretty much needed.

Would mutch rather have a fresh Classic server, wich Will progress 2 years behind the TBC one.
    Like thoose Everquest ones

The notion of "fresh servers" makes no sense to me. BC is an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like another made up thing like "classic+".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They were never mentioned but they are pretty much needed.
    how to spot the guy with no gold who is super salty other people will be able to buy flying before him

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by 'fresh servers'? For, when TBC Classic comes out, you are literally getting a fresh install while keeping Classic operating on the side on a different server.

It sounds silly, I know but apparently people weren't liking the idea of upgrading Classic to TBC Classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Bc came out late 06(prepatch) Blizzard was adding new servers all the way til 09.
    Last edited by Ohvul; 2021-05-06 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Lazy ppl that dont wanna farm gold for TBC don't want anyone else to have gold either. That's about it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    Bc came out late 06(prepatch) Blizzard was adding new servers all the way til 09.
    Blizzard was adding new servers, true. But I think by fresh servers people mean new servers with no boost and no transfer-to those servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What do you mean by 'fresh servers'? For, when TBC Classic comes out, you are literally getting a fresh install while keeping Classic operating on the side on a different server.

It sounds silly, I know but apparently people weren't liking the idea of upgrading Classic to TBC Classic.
    I think the context of fresh servers is a restarted economy, starting from phase 1, and a chance at things like Scarab Lord.

It makes sense - just not at a time where Classic population is at a peak (launch), and makes more sense a year down the line to reinvigorate the Classic era servers.

For those not moving to TBC, I’d argue that it’s sort of a soft reset (minus phases), but I can imagine some of the servers are going to be literal ghost towns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I think the context of fresh servers is a restarted economy, starting from phase 1, and a chance at things like Scarab Lord.

It makes sense - just not at a time where Classic population is at a peak (launch), and makes more sense a year down the line to reinvigorate the Classic era servers.

For those not moving to TBC, I’d argue that it’s sort of a soft reset (minus phases), but I can imagine some of the servers are going to be literal ghost towns.
    As I have read, TBC Classic is a 'fresh' server but people get 1 free character copy if I recall, as well as there is the TBC Classic boost with the Deluxe set.

Meanwhile, the old Classic server goes into eternal content drought.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Classic had its time. Now it's TBC Classic. Then WOTLK Classic.

And THEN, we should get a new go at Classic.

Otherwise it's just splitting the community too much, and a rebooted Classic now, alongside with TBC, would have vastly inferior numbers than it did 2 years ago. I feel like it wouldn't be smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Classic had its time. Now it's TBC Classic. Then WOTLK Classic.

And THEN, we should get a new go at Classic.

Otherwise it's just splitting the community too much, and a rebooted Classic now, alongside with TBC, would have vastly inferior numbers than it did 2 years ago. I feel like it wouldn't be smart.
    According to what has been shared, Classic stays in eternal drought. Then once TBC Classic is done, it'll go into eternal drought too while they launch Wotlk Classic and so on..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    According to what has been shared, Classic stays in eternal drought. Then once TBC Classic is done, it'll go into eternal drought too while they launch Wotlk Classic and so on..
    I know that's the plan, but i very much doubt they won't have another go at the merry-go-round in 4~ years, after we're done with WOTLK Classic. I don't really see them going to Cataclysm after, but rather restart the cycle, whereas interest in fresh Classic will be high again.

I understand some people will stay in Classic Era throughout the remaining cycle, but i'm pretty sure the numbers will be minimal, with few guilds, empty servers and what not, and they'll be eager for said fresh start.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Didn't they mention in the blizzcon interviews that they would eventually make fresh start servers for both?