Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    were also getting 2 weeks less, than the original to enjoy prepatch
    Enjoy? It is prepatch. It is literally just class changes. The last TBC pepatch was not even remotely interesting. It was a month of sitting around in org for 99% of the playerbase. This time the playerbase is getting 2 weeks of being able to play races they never had during original prepatch. That is 200% more content than you had before.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    so what?
    what if we want to do that, we have 2 weeks less
    You have 2 weeks more than BE/Draenei had the first time around. If you’re farming Naxx, you’ve got the gold to get your BE/Draenei carried to 60 in 2 days /played.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It was a month of sitting around in org for 99% of the playerbase.
    If you were AQ / Naxx geared, yeah, but most people weren't and the PvP changes turned the Classic PvP Items into Welfare rewards, which a lot of people chased after.

I still remember how no one could be arsed to do dungeon / raids anymore during pre patch because for anybody where the PvP Items were an upgrade (pretty much everybody but the most dedicated raiders) did PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    I m mean you might be behind for the first couple weeks but once you hit cap it won't take long to catch up. At least the pallys and Shamans get a 2 week head start this time around. Last time they had to wait until release and somehow it managed to work out fine.

but people gonna complain i guess.
    Right, they're gonna piss a group of people off regardless. Either they don't give you any prepatch level time, they give you too much, or they give you just a little bit. All have problems. The two weeks is probably fine. Because of the revamped questing/XP in prepatch, it should be much faster to hit 60. My personal goal is to hit 40 or maybe 50 by the time TBC hits, that way I'm close and will only be a few days behind.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    True, you only have the exp buff for These two weeks. So IF dont make it to lvl 60 then you have to Level the last levels in classic with normal exp as well. 2 weeks is not enough and i dont like it!
    No you dont?

Its a nerf to xp needed from 1-60 that came in a patch in tbc. Its not a prepatch buff to experience gain.

This nerf is going to last throughout the entire tbc

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Honestly dude just piss off. This shit is so fucking cringe it is unreal. There is literally no reason for the prepatch to only be 2 weeks long. Even back then 15 years ago the prepatch period was 1,5 - 2 months long. They could have easily made it 1 month to spice up the last bit of Classic, maybe even longer. There is really no reason why P6 has lasted this long when prepatch could have changed things up. People could have fun in Naxx/raids with TBC talents etc. It would give people time to take vacation off. There is ZERO harm in letting Paladins/Shamans have plently of time to level up. 2 weeks is "enough" for some, but not people that got jobs and possibly wives/kids.

Seeing people defend these shitty decisions that ONLY harm the players is just disgusting.

To actually answer OP - It will be fine. Leveling on launch will be a shitshow for a majority of players anyways. If you intend to play Paladin you can play Prot and have a massive advantage - There is always a shortage of tanks, so you will be able to make/join groups incredible fast once you are 70 so the gearing will be quick. Phase 1 will last for a while and you can easily catch up after Kara has been cleared NP.
    This and the rest of your posts in this thread is the biggest overreaction i've ever seen on this forum

There is literally 1 class out of all of them that you cant level right now. If you are deadset on leveling that class then thats your choice.
    Its like complaining that warriors dont get a 10% bonus xp reward for being fucking annoying to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is FOMO. Don't feed into it, it will only hurt you.

As people have mentioned, if you cannot hit 60 in two weeks, then you are not going to be hurt by being behind. Being "In the front" means you'll be playing with the sweatiest min-maxers around. If you're not that, you basically only stand to benefit from delaying your entry into Outland. Easier to level, and more chilled players. Prices could potentially be starting to come down a bit after the mad dash for resources early on from people trying to get pre-bis before day 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You have 2 weeks more than BE/Draenei had the first time around. If you’re farming Naxx, you’ve got the gold to get your BE/Draenei carried to 60 in 2 days /played.
    Dude, if you solo level doing quests you can do it 2.5 days. The boosting Will for sure push Numbers better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Dude, if you solo level doing quests you can do it 2.5 days. The boosting Will for sure push Numbers better than that.
    Solo leveling in 2.5 days? what?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    Considering they didn't get to level at ALL before launch in original WoW and were still used for raids leads me to assume this question is asinine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Honestly dude just piss off. This shit is so fucking cringe it is unreal. There is literally no reason for the prepatch to only be 2 weeks long.
    How about so it launches sooner? Why should people have to wait longer just because some retards are worried about getting "left behind" in the first couple weeks.

Imagine even having that dumbfuck line of thinking lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    I don’t think 1-60 will take 2.5 days played with the 30-60 XP reductions. It was only, what, 20% or so reduction? Maybe 30?

Either way, both are fast, but dungeon boosting capitalizes on the XP reduction and drastically reduces travel time to near 0. It’s not even a contest, and if you’ve got ~500g or so, that’ll get you 10-50’ish on the servers I’m on at least. Gets way more expensive with Strat and ZG boosts.

I don’t think 1-60 will take 2.5 days played with the 30-60 XP reductions. It was only, what, 20% or so reduction? Maybe 30?

Either way, both are fast, but dungeon boosting capitalizes on the XP reduction and drastically reduces travel time to near 0. It’s not even a contest, and if you’ve got ~500g or so, that’ll get you 10-50’ish on the servers I’m on at least. Gets way more expensive with Strat and ZG boosts.
    What server is that, SM boosts are at least 10g/reset.

Quote Originally Posted by fohpo View Post
    What server is that, SM boosts are at least 10g/reset.
    Mankrik’s been fluctuating a bit, but 5g/reset for Arms+Cath is easy to find.

RFC and SFK were ~2g/reset

Mara was like 15g/reset but I didn’t spend a lot of time in Desolace where most seemed to advertise.

Strat was running 25g/reset and ZG was 25g-50g per.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Solo leveling in 2.5 days? what?
    TBC lowered xp needed to go from 1-60 by 30%

You can already get to 40 now in vanilla in a weekend. If you rush.

- - - Updated - - -

It is 1-60 30% reduction

Not 30-60

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    you don't want to be behind whole expansion so fast leveling at launch is pretty much required
    What are you even talking about? I personally know at least two people who started halfway through tbc and were in a server 1st Sunwell raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    TBC lowered xp needed to go from 1-60 by 30%

It is 1-60 30% reduction

Not 30-60
    Per the patch 2.3 notes, the xp reduction only applies from levels 20-60 and is 15% per level. Not sure what that calculates to as far as total xp needed to go from 20-60 though.

TBC Classic is going live with Patch 2.4.3, and there were no additional nerfs or adjustments to xp after patch 2.3 in TBC.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/the-bur...evel-30-321062

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.3.0

https://www.engadget.com/2007-10-08-...patch-2-3.html

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can almost guarantee that if prepatch had been announced as a one month or longer period we would get threads whining about how prepatch is too long and Blizz are only doing it to get more subs

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I can almost guarantee that if prepatch had been announced as a one month or longer period we would get threads whining about how prepatch is too long and Blizz are only doing it to get more subs
    And I'm sure if they launched it one week with a 1 day prepatch you would take a shot at the community in the defense of blizzard.

Welp, looks like $70.00 for 2 mounts, 2 toys, 30 days game time and a boost for a new main it is!
    As far as I know you can't faction change your Classic character so my Orc Hunter will collect dust, boosting a Nelf Druid and spending 2 weeks maxing Herbalism/Skinning and hitting 60 with some pocket change will do just fine.

Unless instance servers are borked I won't even do quests, Ramparts and Blood Furnace will be my home for a hot minute until it's Slave pens and Underbog :3

I'm 100% in favor of not playing a belf or goat for months.

3+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing: if you are someone who wants to be Kara ready in the first possible lockout, you will be able to level to 60 with the nerfed xp. If you are someone who can't level, you wouldn't fall in to the other group either.