Auctions and mail during cloning process

As it stands before the prepatch your character snapshots. After the patch implements that saved copy is activated on either server type for your choosing.

Before prepatch this means you should funnel your resources to a single character if you want to save money and only have to dual clone once. Or even have friends loan you resources if they don't plan to dual clone and you do.

But what happens to ongoing mailbox and auction house postings at the time of the snapshot being taken? Typically blizz delays transfer services when such exist, but due to the nature of this cloning service a delay of the snapshot isn't possible, since then you could stagger the steps i mentioned above and duplicate resources on both sides.

The only outcome I can see is losing mailbox and auction house postings during the snapshot, however that means neither copy vanilla or bc would have the items post snapshot.

Ex.
    I have 0g
    You have 500g.
    I'm cloning across both so you trade me your 500g
    All is good I clone and give you your 500 back in bc, and keep 500 on vanilla.

Ex 2.
    Same 3 lines
    Except I post an item for 500g bid on the ah
    You bid on it.
    We both have our mailboxes impossibly unclaimed before the cloning service.
    Snapshot occurs while the ah transaction is still ongoing (non buyout)

What happens after the snapshot? Are the gold and items lost? Is the auction house and its transactions in effect going to be cloned as well? What happens then to the transactions in place for characters who don't choose to dual clone with bidders who do and vice versa.

They will most likely cancel bids and send the gold back to the bidder. And same with mails and auction posts, just return them to the posters/senders when they first log in on each version. Doubt they will just remove them and be lost forever or cause duping.

Thr snapshot happens for everyone when the servers are offline not when you log in, so you can't snapshot your gold and then give it to someone else to also snapshot it.

Once the snapshot happens that's how yoy continue your chars in either version. I.E. you can't continue in classic, gather some more gold and clone that gold to tbc.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-08 at 11:34 AM.