Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,814
    The WoD leak turned out to be true.

    The week before Shadowlands was announced, Blizzcon merch featuring Bolvar and his hammer was seen, so it was a dead giveaway about the nature of the expansion cinematic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if "leaks" that turn out to be true, were just strategically released nuggets to fuel a hype machine...
    Unless a company "leaks" info a few days before an announcement, generally no. Companies dislike leaks for a reason: things can change in development, and a leak can give customers skewed expectations. The eyes of a customer they have been promised something... only for that thing to maybe axed or changed before final release, so they feel lied too. Look at the backlash FFXIV faced when some stuff that was leaked was changed or axed during development (namely Blue Mage becoming a limited job). Blufevr said that Blue Mage was going to be a regular job, but when it actually came out it was a limited job and everyone was furious and the backlash against Square was pretty big. After that, Square apparently did a purge to try to stomp out Blufevr (who unintentionally narrowed down which department in Square he was in through the info he gave in one of his leaks that only his department knew about).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, if something is leaked too early, it hurts the marketing cycle. The marketing cycle is predicated on releasing new bits of information over time. But, look at Genshin Impact. The second region was leaked 8 months ago, and it's still not out yet. That leak has killed Genshin's marketing cycle... because the fans know what's coming and there is hardly any new news for the devs to release. "Hey guys, we have new news to share with you! A second region is coming!" "yeah we knew 8 months ago, do you have any actual new news for us players?" "uh... no..."
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-08 at 02:07 AM.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    how much of bellulars grandiose proclamations from the last few years are turning out to be true?
    None, but that won't stop morons posting his shit everywhere they can so they can circlejerk about how the sky is really truly falling this time

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Take...? This isn't Twitter. Nor was this the definition of a "take".

    "You're wrong and I'm right" sorry you feel that way man. Don't gotta beat yourself up and act out in defense if someone dares to imply they saw something you didn't.
    Yes, your take. As in, your opinion. That seems to not actually be backed by anything, seeing as you only managed an ad hominem in response.

    They're not accurate enough to beat somebody who is just throwing out random guesses, which strongly suggests they're doing the same or aren't reliable even if they don't, so these so-called "leaks" are worthless.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, your take. As in, your opinion. That seems to not actually be backed by anything, seeing as you only managed an ad hominem in response.

    They're not accurate enough to beat somebody who is just throwing out random guesses, which strongly suggests they're doing the same or aren't reliable even if they don't, so these so-called "leaks" are worthless.
    Odd of you to assume they're random guesses.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Odd of you to assume they're random guesses.
    And with that, you prove that you didn't even understand what i wrote.

    "They're not accurate enough to beat somebody who is just throwing out random guesses"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •