Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    They are desperately trying to fix loot issues by not readding or reverting changes they have been made.
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Don't care. Just want to feel like I'm allowed to queue for random battlegrounds and turn on warmode again.
    Sorry, just to confirm, what you're saying is you'd like to feel as powerful as the people who actually did put in the time/effort necessary to acquire their gear? While we're at it, would you like Blizzard to create an AI that will play your character at ~Gladiator level, so that you don't get outplayed by the same people who put in the time/effort necessary to improve at playing their class?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Sorry, just to confirm, what you're saying is you'd like to feel as powerful as the people who actually did put in the time/effort necessary to acquire their gear?
    Yes. PvP should be on as even of a footing as it can be. Do you want a world where only the geared folks can dominate and crush the lesser geared folks without any resistance? What reason would those players have to even queue knowing that's all they'd look forward to? And for that matter, what reason would a person who enjoys PvP even have to sub to the game if they have no gearing path? Do you want a game with a drastically lowered sub count and a lack of funding for your content?

When do people understand that gear won't make bad players good ones.
    They will do high numbers during BL phase but after 1st mechanic comes they will die anyways.
    Why do you care if casuals get gear?

Yes. PvP should be on as even of a footing as it can be.
    People say this all the time, but PvP is on an even footing, given the same level of time investment between the players involved. When WoW had purely "skill-based" PvP with templates, everyone bitched because they couldn't improve over time, which is the core focus of the MMORPG genre.

Do you want a world where only the geared folks can dominate and crush the lesser geared folks without any resistance? What reason would those players have to even queue knowing that's all they'd look forward to?
    Uh, that is, was, and has always been how WoW PvP worked. Since you seem so hung up on sub numbers being intrinsically linked to PvP (for some reason), Wrath was the peak subscriber count in WoW's history and heavily featured resilience, which immediately meant that you were dealing ~15-20% less damage to people who had been PvPing longer than you. Of course, this was the perfect ideal system, because the sub numbers were highest then.

And for that matter, what reason would a person who enjoys PvP even have to sub to the game if they have no gearing path? Do you want a game with a drastically lowered sub count and a lack of funding for your content?
    Have you been under a rock? PvP has been the #1 gearing route for even top-end players for the entirety of this expansion. I can't recall a single time in this game's history where PvP hasn't been a viable way to gear up, at least to do more PvP.

I think the problem here is that you aren't willing to invest and time or effort into the game, and you'd like your character to perform as well as people who do put the time and effort in. You'd get stomped in any other game with exclusively skill-based PvP too because you are unwilling to work to improve, so designing for you or people like you is a waste of time and actively detrimental to others who play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Because if they have no long term gear progression they're very likely to unsubscribe like we saw with 9.0. Less players = less revenue = less development resources = worse game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Wrath was the peak subscriber count in WoW's history and heavily featured resilience, which immediately meant that you were dealing ~15-20% less damage to people who had been PvPing longer than you.
    I loved templates. I also loved the Wrath system. Even someone like me got decent gear out of that. I'd be fine with either of those systems coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Congrats you can once again feel like you earned something, when in reality you didn't quite do much really.
    80% of people i know in real life that play wow have barely put any effort in to get their gear, most either just did random groups repeatedly till they were lucky, got their guild to boost them or straight out bought a boost.

I wouldn't consider that effort.

Face it gearing in wow is a sh#t fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Why do you need a good looking partner when an ugly one will grant you children exactly as well? Yes if you approach everything with pure logic like a fucking robot and never ever use any emotion under any circumstance it's true that you never need anything more than the bare minimum.

Why would I want to earn 300k dollars per year when I can survive on 100k by eating potatoes and onions?
    Subscribing to warcraft is a luxury obviously far from the bare minimum and their exists a plethora of other luxuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This whole need the gear is the most perpetually stupid argument. Here's what I dont actually need. To sub to warcraft. What people are asking for is a reason to do that, ergo casual gearing. Not because anybody actually fucking needs it. or not who gives a shit. Honesty I get the feeling if the game was nothing but a lobby while you waited for instanced content you'd be fine with that. Maybe that's what they should do.
    That's not the question though, it's why do you need gear that only drops from mythic + without ever having to or even wanting to do that content? It makes no sense.
    You have covenant gear, thats the gear designed and intended for your world quest activities.
    It's the same as me saying I want mythic raid gear without raiding...like...ok??

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    So game now have invalidated even heroic content? Great news.
    if you think being able to slowly over time get heroic gear, it's been invalidated for many years.

i get heroic ilvl in 2-3 weeks of the content being available, my casual friend is 208 or something and he spends way too much time farming valor if you ask me.

Yes. PvP should be on as even of a footing as it can be. Do you want a world where only the geared folks can dominate and crush the lesser geared folks without any resistance? What reason would those players have to even queue knowing that's all they'd look forward to? And for that matter, what reason would a person who enjoys PvP even have to sub to the game if they have no gearing path? Do you want a game with a drastically lowered sub count and a lack of funding for your content?
    So that they can get gear to crush the noobs. The circle of life. PVP players have the best and easiest gearing path right now.. RBG to 1800 and you get full 220 gear with versatility.

Heroic ilvl gear is nothing new here infact in BFA i could reach that not sure why it took so long for them to add this but oh well atleast there correcting it via first patch instead of mid patch this time around!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Because if they have no long term gear progression they're very likely to unsubscribe like we saw with 9.0. Less players = less revenue = less development resources = worse game.
    Very true its the main reason im going to leave until 9.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    That's not the question though, it's why do you need gear that only drops from mythic + without ever having to or even wanting to do that content? It makes no sense.
    You have covenant gear, thats the gear designed and intended for your world quest activities.
    It's the same as me saying I want mythic raid gear without raiding...like...ok??
    I see it more like people who like instances can go do that leave this for the people who want to enjoy there world with there own path of play everybody wins here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, I agree fully on this. I don't mind the minimal amount of currency rewarded if that makes people feel better to be a bit more ahead by doing a bit more effort - I don't mind. It was the need for specific achievements for valor upgrades that really annoyed me.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, without WF/TF, heroic content was invalidated by the existence of covenant and PvP gear.
    Covenant gear is 197 itemlvl and pvp takes more than average skill to earn heroic itemlvl loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the question though,
    It isn't but that question is asanine. I don't need mythic raid gear, I don't need pvp gear, I don't need m+gear. You know what else I dont need is a world of warcraft subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    When do people understand that gear won't make bad players good ones.
    They will do high numbers during BL phase but after 1st mechanic comes they will die anyways.
    Because the content they did to get it doesn't warrant it, and also because it means I'll have to do that content too.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Because the content they did to get it doesn't warrant it, and also because it means I'll have to do that content too.
    1. The warrant part is arbitrary
    2. No you won't have to do that content. You can be an adult and decide not to do it. Other people can have nice things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Considering that Blizzard is putting this gear into the game it would seem that the people who will be using Maw-Touched gear HAVE, indeed, put in the time/effort necessary to acquire it. Therefore your question is meaningless.
    Time and effort is only relevant if you do the hardest thing there is.
    If you work at McDonald's you haven't earned your salary, if you work for NASA you have.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    So game now have invalidated even heroic content? Great news.
    the game should invalidate all the stuff in my book, same ilvl should be obtainable even in world event things, raid and mm+ should only be about achivement doing them, why any normal player that play hundreds of hours in the game vs a mythic raider who do the same number of hours and both pay the same subs should have less stuff ?

its stupid and old thinking, its why people are quitting the game, they see that unless you are PL with luck with the 10% of the guild able to do mythic raid , you will never see your character going up in progression

That's not the question though, it's why do you need gear that only drops from mythic + without ever having to or even wanting to do that content?
    Already answered this, to do random battlegrounds and turn in warmode without getting hopelessly crushed every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So that they can get gear to crush the noobs. The circle of life. PVP players have the best and easiest gearing path right now.. RBG to 1800 and you get full 220 gear with versatility.
    RBGs/Arenas have their own baggage though, especially with paid carries running so rampant in the system ATM. It would just be nice to be able to relax and enjoy a couple randoms again after a hard day while knowing I have a chance.