Do you have any favourite brand(s)

As the title says

I wouldn't say I'm that loyal to anything in particular. I do like Sony, had a Walkman in the late 80s and it was solid, also had a ps1 and ps2 but didn't follow any further.

I also like Games Workshop although my miniature collection is pretty expansive across many other ranges. I've followed GW since the late 80's too, we've had our ups and downs but overall I think they are a pretty decent brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like most people i have favorite brands, but since they don't pay me to advertise them, then fuck them...

for art supplies primarily. there are certain brands whose performance I both greatly prefer for my personal working style AND that has proven to be consistent in quality. for example I tend to almost exclusively use Sculpey polymer clay. windsor and newton designer gouache is my absolute favorite and while I use other brands (been playing around with Caran D'ache gouache lately) I may end up going back to W&N when I can afford it. things like that, you know? its not really a matter of loyalty as much as a matter of earned trust that has yet to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for art supplies primarily. there are certain brands whose performance I both greatly prefer for my personal working style AND that has proven to be consistent in quality. for example I tend to almost exclusively use Sculpey polymer clay. windsor and newton designer gouache is my absolute favorite and while I use other brands (been playing around with Caran D'ache gouache lately) I may end up going back to W&N when I can afford it. things like that, you know? its not really a matter of loyalty as much as a matter of earned trust that has yet to be broken.
    One day I will buy a W&N brush or two, I've seen many people talking about how good they are. I'm using Rosemary and Co right now and they're not bad but starting to get worn.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    One day I will buy a W&N brush or two, I've seen many people talking about how good they are. I'm using Rosemary and Co right now and they're not bad but starting to get worn.
    they are expensive as fuck, but omg are they good. I have a detail brush that I've had for over 20 years now and let me tell you, while I tried not to abuse it too much, I didn't take care of it as well as i should either. it still has a beautiful point and works wonderfully. its also part of the reason I love W&N gouache so much. I have some premixed colors still left over in pots that are as old as the brush above. and they reactivate almost instantly with water (normally gouache is supposed to be used wet from a tube, but for a class I used them for - they had us premix and dry a certain set of colors), haven't lost any of their opacity, go on smoothly and I just wish they didn't cost so much per tube. but... in this case you genuinely do get what you pay for.

that said... as much as I love my detail brush, i HAVE found other brushes that I also love and that work very nicely as long as i take care of them. Blick actualy has a very decent line of their store branded brushes and I found them to be fairly comparable to higher end brushes at a lower price point. I'm not sure they are going to last as well as W&N or other high end brands, but it might be worth it, given much lower cost.

P.S. this is the brush I have in size 0 https://www.winsornewton.com/na/brus...t-info-brushes
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-05-07 at 06:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not too many. If Blizzard or Disney makes something I'll usually check it out. For tech I always like trying Google products. Android is my favorite over Apple since I don't like Apple's philosophy, especially when it comes to compatibility issues. For computer chips I buy whatever seems best at the time, Intel or AMD. Often I go with ASUS computer products.

For food I shop at Costco so a lot of their stuff has the Kirkland brand, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I like Best Food's mayonnaise and NOT Kraft's Miracle Whip.

For vehicles I don't have a brand, I've had a Chevy, Honda, Volkswagen, Toyota, etc. They have all been adequate so I never developed a favorite brand or a hated brand.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-05-07 at 08:08 PM.

Yes, when it comes to food products. I think some are markedly tastier than other brands.

Everything else is products I tend to enjoy from a producer or distributor. Such as shoes, clothing, or make-up. But I am not necessarily tied to a specific brand in that regard I am willing to try other things.

I'm a little this, little that-type of person.

Only for trainers and that would be Vans

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Only for trainers and that would be Vans
    Nice, I've been buying Asics for the last 10 years. I walk into the shoe store and there's so many options that I don't know what to look for so I just keep buying Asics because they seem comfortable.

Vans have the best pedal gripping pattern and as a bonus are comfy as fuck
    I changed it up for DC's one time...lovely looking trainers but I wore through the soles just walking around in them within 4 months :/

Yes, since childhood I love wearing Puma sportswear. I don't know why. Maybe I liked the logo when I was a kid. I started paying attention to such things a long time ago. It's important to me that the logo is memorable, but without unnecessary details. Even if they make it from a template here, but the main thing is not to overload unnecessary lines and patterns.
    Last edited by AlexPav; 2021-06-09 at 08:52 AM.

I love BMW, Sony (PS), Makita, Bosse, Glenfiddight, Technics,Billabong))

I really like Puma and Adidas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Under Armour
    Apple
    Nintendo
    Logitech (Gaming Mice)
    CyberpowerPC