Lol first of all, my apologies for the mega Necro I pulled out of my hat before. I wanted to give my view on the GDKP situation on classic, and I did look for an existing thread before making a new one... didn´t pay attention to the fact that it was a 2010 thread xD Funny enough, it is a very similar situation regardless of time.

So I will post here my concerns about GDKP consequences going into TBC classic: towards the economy on the first months after launch, gameplay and later coming or casual classic players.

Seeing how far this has gone, when we are less than a week shy off pre patch... I think it is save to say that bots are a healthier issue for the economy than allowing players to run GDKP.

A small disclaimer: I am not moaning because I didn´t get it or something, I only came back to play classic a month ago, literally, thought it would be boring to do the same all over again but I was wrong, loved coming back and I am switching from retail into classic... the real WoW.

Back in point:
As me, there are many others who only went to classic recently. Imagine the incredibly disparity in economy between people running with 20/40K gold into TBC and us. My highest character is a lvl 31 rogue and I have 140gold lol... and I know for a fact that this is pretty decent (reference point would be vanilla)

It is not really fair or even good for the economy. I think that Blizzard should have take action on it early and, say, set a gold cap until release of maybe 5000/10000Gold. That is how much the average high end wealthy player carried from Vanilla to TBC.

But, why limit players from playing the game? Well, for the sake of the game long term.

TBC classic is going to suffer a dramatical change form the original version: lots of players will have epic flying mounts right away, because of both GDKP and the store mount (yes, that will help a bunch too).
That consequently means less people farming around the world, less people developing professions, less people running dungeons... that means... well, less active players than there could be.

Now it is too late, they can not take player´s gold away. Maybe Blizzard should have seen this coming... or at least act on it right away.